Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Stitch's Great Escape...A Mom and Me Birthday Celebration! *7/26 Link to new PTR*

Hello DISers! Welcome (once again) to one of my humble trip reports. If you have read along before, it's good to see you again! Just settle in and make yourself at home. If we haven't 'met' before, it's great to meet you. My name is Jay. I am a 30 something mom of four boys who loves almost everything Disney. I am ever so happy you stopped by. Feel free to kick back, put your feet up and stick around for a while

Let me introduce you to my family. I have four amazing little boys. Aladdin who is already 12 (and I am guessing that I really shouldn't refer to him as little anymore...but I am not ready to stop yet), Goofy who is 9, Stitch now 8 (the star of this here trip report) and Buzz (formerly known as our Little Prince) who is currently 14 months old. I also happen to be married to my favorite man this side of the Milky Way. Just so you can put faces with names here are a few pictures from our last trip to Walt Disney World (9/08) you see Aladdin, Goofy, Stitch and dh holding our little Buzz

And one of just the boys.

And finally one with the boys and I.

Aladdin, Goofy and Buzz did not join us on this trip. Instead, they hung out at home with dh. According to all who remained behind (who could talk), they had a lot of fun being "just the guys". That only made it a small bit easier for me to leave them. While I loved the one on one time with Stitch, I really missed the rest of my guys back at home.

This background information might lead you to ask, then why take just one of your boys to Walt Disney World? That answer lies somewhere in between the fact that my husband (loving and wonderful in every other way but his Disney deficiency) doesn't feel a strong desire to return to Disney year after year *GASP* while I feel the pull of the mouse most all of the time. The fact that I am a busy mom of four, so I very much appreciate the value of one on one time with each of the boys also weighs in heavily in the decision. This year we decided that our big family vacation would be somewhere 'without the word Disney in it' (we are planning a trip to DC later this year).

So, in order to get my Disney fix and to allow the boys special time with each of their parents (dh made sure to spend a lot of fun father/son time with the boys at home) we came up with the birthday trip system for this year. Each of the boys gets to pick a destination (within reason) and I (because I love to travel) will take them there while dh(because he would rather do his relaxing at home) enjoys time at home with the remaining boys. Throw in a DC bound family vacation so we still all get time away together and everyone is happy.

If you would like to read about some of our previous Disney fun, I invite you to click below.

TRIP REPORT 2006- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1246511

TRIP REPORT 2007- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1585715

TRIP REPORT 2008- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1976201

Enough with the background information already. Let me get right down to it and tell you a little bit about Stitch's week long birthday celebration at Walt Disney World. **As an aside; when I turned eight, I got a container of slime, a Barbie and some books from my parents. What a lucky little guy to get to go to Walt Disney World for his eighth birthday!**

The planning for this trip started out by me asking Stitch to take a look at the Disney website and pick out the two resorts that he would most like to stay at during his special mom-and-me birthday celebration trip. He chose "alligator" and "jaguar". Port Orleans French Quarter is the one he took to calling "alligator" (for the many alligator statues scattered around) and Coronado Springs is the one he took to calling "jaguar" (for the spitting jaguar that is perched over the pool slide). He had never been to either resort but liked the pictures of both of them a whole lot. After giving me his top two choices, he told me he wanted me to make the final decision and surprise him upon arrival. Well, okey dokey...I LOVE surprises (although I am terrible at not spilling the beans) so I was all for it. For over a week, I listened in on his conversations with his brothers. After a bit, I realized that he was just a little bit more excited about one of the resorts than the other. So, that is the one I booked. Which one you might ask? Well, what would the fun in me telling you now be? I will get to that in good time. First, I need to let you know that I spent the weeks before his trip dreaming up other special surprises for him. Two big ones to be exact. Don't worry, I won't spoil those for you either.

One final note about our preparations. Stitch also requested that I not tell him exactly when we were leaving. He said he wanted to be woken up the morning of his trip with the words "Wake up, you're going to Disney World!"...once again, not a problem at all, it just added to the fun (and made packing a little more complicated to do it on the sly).

The morning of our departure (very early, even before the sun was up) dh crept into Stitch's room, flipped on the lights and shouted "WAKE UP, you're going to Disney World!" I thought it was only right that dh get to be the one to surprise him with the start of his trip since dh would miss out on seeing first hand the rest of what was to come. Here are the pictures dh snapped of waking up our little birthday boy.

An unsuspecting sleeping Stitch.

And a very happy Stitch the moment he realized just why his dad was loudly waking him so very early in the morning.

After those pictures he popped right out of bed and got ready just about as quickly as I have ever seen him get ready before. We quietly woke his other brothers so that he (and I) could say goodbye and then dh drove us to the airport.

This would be Stitch's very first flight. Although he has done a lot of traveling, it's all been by car, ship and train up until this point. I was hoping he would love flying (I do) and...he did!! Here is Stitch and "Red" just after take off of our first leg of the journey. He thought flying was great!

Here you see "Red" a troll his brother, Goofy ,asked him to take a few pictures of during our trip.

And here are Stitch and I a few minutes before we touched down in Orlando. He was way more excited than he looks in this picture. He was just sort of nervous about the turbulence we encountered during our descent. Having the woman sitting next to us (she was really sweet and that made our flight even better) take our picture was one of my ways of trying to distract him. Other then the small bit of time spent bouncing a little more than he would have liked early in our descent, Stitch loved everything about flying.

And here is Stitch in the elevator at the airport right before his first surprise took place...

He looks really happy, doesn't he? And he had no idea that a surprise was just about to be unveiled when those elevator doors opened up! He was just so excited to be starting his birthday vacation!

TO BE CONTINUED...

Last edited by jaycns; 07-26-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
MouseTriper
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh Jay....that's it?? I want more right now!!!! I LOVE reading your TR's. Okay, okay, I will try and have a little patience!!!

How cool that your DH surprised Stitch that morning. He is such a little cutie. I am glad he loved flying. Can't wait to read more!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

JAY JAY...I am IN, I am IN for the Mom and Me Birthday Celebration!!!

KAR

Old 03-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I was a lurker on your last trippie and I loved it!

I know how amazing you are at surprises so I am really looking forward to Stitch's surprises!

So far so good can't wait to find out where you two end up staying

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 03-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

Jumping over from your last TR. Cant wait to read more!

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."

Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
Old 03-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

I'm in!
Old 03-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, I am SO excited that I am able to catch your trip report from the very beginning I didn't catch your last one until way into the game, but I still enjoyed every last sentence of it!!

First, I have to say that you are an incredible writer, in both reports you had me hooked from the very beginning.

Second, your kids are stinkin' adorable!!

Lastly, what a great gift to be able to give your kids.

I can't wait until the next update!!
Old 03-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
DisneySherpa
Measuring life by Disney vacations... and proud of it...

Great Start! I love the surprise element Stitch wanted... just goes to show you how much Disney Spirit you've passed down on him!

Count this long time lurker in!
A member of a traditionally obsessed people of Disney descent vacationing on the southern side of the United States in Disney Parks and Resorts. In modern times Disneysherpas have achieved world renown as expert guides on Walt Disney World expeditions.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #9
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! You've started! Now I have to go back and read! You do a great job of keeping us all "in Disney" when we aren't. Can't wait to go on this adventure with you and Stitch!!
Old 03-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #10
DisneyNutMary
DIS Veteran

Horray, Jay is back with another TR

Jay, I can't wait to see what surprises you have in store for your little guy.
Stitch is such a cutie pie, and I find it easy to forget how young he is, he looks so mature.

Count me in for the ride
Old 03-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
Quacktatty
DIS Veteran

Woohoo another Jay trip report starring my favorite Jay kid (I can have a favorite since they aren't my kids right?)
Previous Trips: DL and WDW numerous times on and off-site as a child, 1999 High School trip to WDW, played on stage at Cosmic Ray's and in DTD. 3/03 - 1 Day in MK, 10/03 - ASMovies, 1/07 - 7 nights POFQ, 9/08 - 6 nights AKL, 10/09 - 10 nights POP/AKL, 5/10 - 5 nights POFQ, 10/10 - 7 nights AKL, 11/11 - 5 nights DLR (HoJo)

Trip Reports: May 2010, October 2009, September 2008, January 2007

Dining Reviews:October 2010, May 2010, October 2009, September 2008

Old 03-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #12
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

JAY!!!!! You've done it again!! I am sitting here with my coffee reading away, waiting for the surprise when the elevators doors open and...... aaahhhhhhhh! Don't leave us hanging! You are the queen of cliff hangers!
I didn't realize that this was Stitch's first plane ride, what a great destination to be first!
Ok, to answer from your last TR, my names for our kids are Mary Poppins for DD and Tigger for DS. DD thought it all a bit strange that I would give her a Disney name (she's 18 in 2 weeks) and DS actually liked Tigger (he's 13 in a week). Both names suit their personalities.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #13
pmama
DIS Veteran

Glad to see you started your newest TR. Can't wait to see the surprises.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

So glad that you started!
Old 03-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #15
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Wooohooo another Jay trippie

Sounds absolutely fantastic so far and how cute of Stitch wanting lots of surprises

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: