Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #511
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

Tuesday, June 23rd- ????? morning and MGM night (Fantasmic Dining Package at Mama Melrose)

By then, you'll probably be ready for a sleep-in-and-hang-at-the-pool morning!

I've learned that the hard way!

I would just leave it open...

Kathy
Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #512
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

looks like a great itinerary! it's getting closer!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #513
summermac
DIS Veteran

Your report caught my eye b/c of it being in June. We're overlapping days!

Jun 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2001 - offsite
May 1998 - All Star Music
Old 03-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #514
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Your plans look great.

I have been getting myself worried about the crowd levels for when I go, too. I just keep telling myself I rather deal with crowds then no Disney at all.
I can't imagine that it will be that much more crazy than last summer. We will see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
That looks like an awesome week! Which date are your parents arriving?
They arrive on the Wed night. They hope to get unloaded and stuff (they are staying at an offsite hotel that night) at CSR in our room since they are bringing a lot of our stuff. (I am also sure I don't think we will fly with the new stroller- I don't want to risk it getting destroyed!) We will take an old one on the flight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Plans look great !
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Plans look great! What about AK for your ??? day? Do you like to do more than one day there? We always plan one day, but when we get there wish we had two. Just a thought.
I think that might be it... but I am hoping our AK to go in the AM and head back for the parade and close the park down. I have never been there of the evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Yay! for your Ohana breakfast The boys are excited to try it this year too! How cool that your DH gets to go to the Sweet 16 Your park days look GREAT!
I think we have a ton of days alike... I will be on the lookout! I am super jealous of his trip, the kids better behave the next five days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Your plans look great---will you have enough laid back days for your DH? Are you planning on midday breaks? Sounds like you will have so much fun!

As far as our trip is concerned, we are still working on everything right now---there is so much up in the air and in flux at his job right now---he has no concerns about losing his job---but he is probably going to have to take on a larger work load......not sure how it is going to impact vacation timing just yet. BUT have no fear, we are still working on it!
I am sure we will break everyday. I really doubt we have many late nights, just one for wishes/spectro and Fantasmic. I am sure DH will hate going to the park all those days, but since we are flying it will be a lot less stress and allow for more down time on both ends.

DH had a terrible day at work today too. I think that is why I am glad he has his trip this weekend- he works hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hi! SO tell me, have you used Touring Plans and/or TGM before? I am a little uncertain where to begin with these.... I started reviewing the prepared touring plans, then wasn't sure if I should try to make my own, or.... How do you use them?
I am just exploring Touring Plans. I hope to get printing and reading up the next few weeks. I did TGM the past two trips and feel it has worked well! PM me if you have more specific questions... I will try to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Hi! Your days look great! I think our trips have a bit of overlap. We'll be at CP for breakfast on the 22nd too!
What time is your ADR- I tried to get an earlier one once again on Sunday, but no luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
We used a combination of Ridemax and TGM for this last trip, the parks were super crowded, but we had no trouble at all.
You give me hope! The CD is perfect for my drive to work.... I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
By then, you'll probably be ready for a sleep-in-and-hang-at-the-pool morning!

I've learned that the hard way!

I would just leave it open...

Kathy
So true! The kicker is the kids just don't sleep in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
looks like a great itinerary! it's getting closer!!!

I have our countdown calendar done... but we are not starting quite yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summermac View Post
Your report caught my eye b/c of it being in June. We're overlapping days!

Thanks for joining!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #515
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

June 16th and 17th plans

I am honestly looking forward a ton to just relaxing in WDW these two days. With the last day of school being just the Friday before I am sure I will need a break- I will probably be moving rooms again (three years in a row) and am thinking I might be at school a ton the week/weekend before. It might be my first pool time of the summer!

Here is what I would like to do:
Downtown Disney
I like to shop non-evening, non-weekend times. We love to go to the World of Disney store and roam.
The fountains- our girls love to play in the water there!
I also want to get Luke a first trip ornament that day (we get personalized ones and don't want to worry it won't be done)
Basin- I have never been in and think that I would love to get myself a treat there!
Earl of Sandwich/Wolfgang Puck Express- DH and I are divided... these two places are by far our favorite CS. We split up to get our favorites!

CSR
I really want some time to walk around and take in the resort. I have always wanted to visit, and this might be our only stay there since we will be too big of family! Since I don't know the lay of the land I really want to get familiar before we try to get going Thursday morning to AK!
I would love to: rent a boat for the girls to go with daddy or me one of those days!

O'Hana's
I have always tried to fit this breakfast in. We just have never had a free morning to really do so. I think if we eat a big breakfast we won't need lunch plans and can grab a quick dinner later! Getting there will be fun too, we will get a monorail ride for sure. We might bus to EPCOT and take the monorail or bus to MK and take the monorail from there... we will see what comes first!

Not too much planned... but I am thrilled to have some extra time at WDW!

Up Next: AK--- we are giving this a different touring try this year!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #516
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
June 16th and 17th plans

I am honestly looking forward a ton to just relaxing in WDW these two days. With the last day of school being just the Friday before I am sure I will need a break- I will probably be moving rooms again (three years in a row) and am thinking I might be at school a ton the week/weekend before. It might be my first pool time of the summer!

Downtown Disney
I like to shop non-evening, non-weekend times. We love to go to the World of Disney store and roam.
The fountains- our girls love to play in the water there!
I also want to get Luke a first trip ornament that day (we get personalized ones and don't want to worry it won't be done)
Basin- I have never been in and think that I would love to get myself a treat there!
Earl of Sandwich/Wolfgang Puck Express- DH and I are divided... these two places are by far our favorite CS. We split up to get our favorites!

CSR
I really want some time to walk around and take in the resort. I have always wanted to visit, and this might be our only stay there since we will be too big of family! Since I don't know the lay of the land I really want to get familiar before we try to get going Thursday morning to AK!
I would love to: rent a boat for the girls to go with daddy or me one of those days!

O'Hana's
I have always tried to fit this breakfast in. We just have never had a free morning to really do so. I think if we eat a big breakfast we won't need lunch plans and can grab a quick dinner later! Getting there will be fun too, we will get a monorail ride for sure. We might bus to EPCOT and take the monorail or bus to MK and take the monorail from there... we will see what comes first!

Not too much planned... but I am thrilled to have some extra time at WDW!

Up Next: AK--- we are giving this a different touring try this year!

I like the ideas for these two days! DTD and exploring the resort, good plans... I have never stayed at CSR but I hear it is pretty we have never eaten at Earl's or WPExpress in DTD, I know they are chains, and like WP pizza, what do you guys get?

Thanks for the tips about TGM and Touring Plans. When I start to work with them more I will pm you!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #517
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I like your ideas of just relaxing a bit. I plan on doing that some this trip too. I'm looking forward to making a t-shirt at the store in DTD and relaxing by the pool more!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 03-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #518
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

You have moved rooms three years in a row?!? What a nightmare! Your relaxing days sound heavenly! I remember the pictures of the girls playing in the fountains last year, sooo cute!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #519
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Your 16th and 17th sound so nice and relaxing. I've got to remember about the fountains in DTD. Ian would like them, I'm sure. I love the pics of your kiddos in them from your last TR. So cute!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #520
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I like the ideas for these two days! DTD and exploring the resort, good plans... I have never stayed at CSR but I hear it is pretty we have never eaten at Earl's or WPExpress in DTD, I know they are chains, and like WP pizza, what do you guys get?

Thanks for the tips about TGM and Touring Plans. When I start to work with them more I will pm you!
My husband loves the Earl of Sandwich....I like it, but I enjoy all the choices at Wolfgang Pucks, but I just enjoy eating outside there and relaxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I like your ideas of just relaxing a bit. I plan on doing that some this trip too. I'm looking forward to making a t-shirt at the store in DTD and relaxing by the pool more!
I think that T-shirt store is too cool. I want to check it out for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
You have moved rooms three years in a row?!? What a nightmare! Your relaxing days sound heavenly! I remember the pictures of the girls playing in the fountains last year, sooo cute!
Yes three years in a row moving. I am sure we will move again, except this year it will probably be a move downstairs (I have been upstairs in this building for nine years, so I am not too thrilled to make this move). We are losing lots of kids, and cutting sections, so we will make some major moves I think. Last year I was one of two teachers to move---- at least I am not pregnant this year, but my bookcases have seen better days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Your 16th and 17th sound so nice and relaxing. I've got to remember about the fountains in DTD. Ian would like them, I'm sure. I love the pics of your kiddos in them from your last TR. So cute!
Don't forget a change of clothes or bathingsuits and towels!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #521
White as Snow
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Downtown Disney
This is on my list for our upcoming trip! I can't believe there is somewhere in WDW I've never set foot.

Do you have 1st trip ornaments for the girls, too? That is such a sweet tradition!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:07 AM   #522
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I think your non-park plans sound great! It will be so nice for you to relax and get those little Disney things done without feeling like you are "wasting" precious park time.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #523
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

LOVE your down days! We are traveling a day early this year and getting a hotel offsite so we can wake up our first official day refreshed.

What is Basin?

OMGosh! I moved my classroom 2 years in a row and it was a pain in the rump! The first year was fine, I got rid of a lot of junk stuff and felt really organized. The second year I was over it and felt so unorganized the entire year because I really didn't want to move the stuff so I didn't go through it. I cannot imagine doing it another year! Why are you guys losing kids?

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #524
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

I was thinking of you last night! Sorry that Xavier lost....what a GREAT game that was! Hope your DH wasn't too upset The 23rd you should go to DHS in the morning...cause we will be there! Actually you can go and collect some fastpasses and then head out early and swim/relax all afternoon! We will be eating at 50's that night! I think our plan is to skip Fantasmic this year, which breaks my heart because we all LOVE that show but I really can't deal with ALL THOSE people!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #525
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Ahhh! Lots of West and We-waxation sounds good to me!!

Kathy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: