Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2009, 11:23 PM   #46
acwinsett
DIS Veteran

Okay, I have a MILLION updates that I need to get posted. It's getting late, so for tonight I'll start with an easy one - color scheme changes.

I have had the HARDEST time deciding upon which colors to use. This should have been totally easy, but until now, my ideas have seemed "not quite right".

My original idea was fuschia and french blue. I liked the contrast, but it seemed a little "spring-y" for a December wedding. Also, a good friend of mine used those as her wedding colors a couple of months ago. It was beautiful, but I gotta be original - of course!

Around Christmas-time, I was really leaning toward a deep ruby red. But I just couldn't imagine what the bridesmaids gowns would look like, and I had a very specific tone in mind - not bright red, not wine or burgandy - more ruby. In the end, I just wasn't "feelin' it".

So, a couple of weeks ago, I broke out my trusty old PANTONE swatch book, determined to settle this once and for all. And I think we've FINALLY decided on a palette of muted pastels on a background of "winter white". I'm not choosing one or two colors - but rather a whole "family" of colors. Typical pastels would be "spring-y", but muted tones would work well for wintertime. It also goes great with the Wedding Pavilion interior. It's winter-y, wedding-y, and very very Disney! So . . . ta-da! Let me know what you think!

Click for Downloadable PDF

Andreah
WEDDING STUFF: Our Planning Wedding Planning Journal (2009) | Our Wedding eScrapbook | Our Wedding Pinterest Board
FUN STUFF: My Pixie Dust Pinterest Board | My runDisney Inspiration Board
UPCOMING TRIPS: Ladies Getaway September 2014 - Disney Dream | Ladies Getaway Pinterest Board | Glass Slipper Challenge 2015 | Vancouver to Hawaii September 2015 - Disney Wonder
MEMORIES: Family Vacation May / June 2013 - Disney Dream + Swan | Christmas Vacation Dec 2012 - Disney Dream + Dolphin | Family Vacation May / June 2012 - Dolphin | Family Vacation Oct 2011 - Swan | Anniversary Trip Dec 2010 - Coronado Springs | Family Vacation June 2010 - Swan | Wedding Trip Dec 2009 - Contemporary | Wedding Planning Session July 2009 - Pop Century | Adults Only Getaway Sep 2008 (Got Engaged!) - Port Orleans French Quarter | Christmas Trip Dec 2007 - Pop Century | Christmas Trip Dec 2005 - Pop Century | Gavin's First Disney Trip July 2002 - All Star Movies | My First Disney Trip May 1996

Last edited by acwinsett; 06-20-2009 at 09:53 AM.
acwinsett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #47
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

I really like those colors! Do you know what colors you are going to use for what yet?? Like flowers??
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #48
acwinsett
DIS Veteran

We haven't really decided on any details yet, but roses are my favorite flower, so I'm thinking of having bouquets of ivory and pink roses. Maybe pink for mine and ivory for the Maid and Matron of Honor? They haven't decided on dresses yet. Matron of Honor is 8 months pregnant, so it might be a little while before they decide what to wear.

I just gave them the color swatches and told them they could pick whatever dresses they want in any of those colors. They just need to decide together which color and designer to go with . . . then they can get the same style dresses or different dresses - their choice!

We're going to use the pink and green floral artwork that you see throughout this PJ for printed materials, save the dates, invitations, etc. I think we'll use opal or light pink pocket-folds.

Andreah
WEDDING STUFF: Our Planning Wedding Planning Journal (2009) | Our Wedding eScrapbook | Our Wedding Pinterest Board
UPCOMING TRIPS: Ladies Getaway September 2014 - Disney Dream | Ladies Getaway Pinterest Board | Glass Slipper Challenge 2015 | Vancouver to Hawaii September 2015 - Disney Wonder
MEMORIES: Family Vacation May / June 2013 - Disney Dream + Swan | Christmas Vacation Dec 2012 - Disney Dream + Dolphin | Family Vacation May / June 2012 - Dolphin | Family Vacation Oct 2011 - Swan | Anniversary Trip Dec 2010 - Coronado Springs | Family Vacation June 2010 - Swan | Wedding Trip Dec 2009 - Contemporary | Wedding Planning Session July 2009 - Pop Century | Adults Only Getaway Sep 2008 (Got Engaged!) - Port Orleans French Quarter | Christmas Trip Dec 2007 - Pop Century | Christmas Trip Dec 2005 - Pop Century | Gavin's First Disney Trip July 2002 - All Star Movies | My First Disney Trip May 1996
Old 03-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #49
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwinsett View Post
We haven't really decided on any details yet, but roses are my favorite flower, so I'm thinking of having bouquets of ivory and pink roses. Maybe pink for mine and ivory for the Maid and Matron of Honor? They haven't decided on dresses yet. Matron of Honor is 8 months pregnant, so it might be a little while before they decide what to wear.

I just gave them the color swatches and told them they could pick whatever dresses they want in any of those colors. They just need to decide together which color and designer to go with . . . then they can get the same style dresses or different dresses - their choice!

We're going to use the pink and green floral artwork that you see throughout this PJ for printed materials, save the dates, invitations, etc. I think we'll use opal or light pink pocket-folds.
Oh I love the artwork, very pretty. I think Pink roses are so pretty too! You still have all the fun stuff to do
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #50
acwinsett
DIS Veteran

Now that we have a date set, I've started working on a newsletter to go along with our Save the Dates. Last week I was on the phone constantly with guests who are anxious to know what's going on . . . how to book their trip . . . how much it will cost, etc.

So here's what we have so far . . .

Click Here for Downloadable PDF

. . . Now it's time to work on some Save the Dates to send with them!

Andreah

Last edited by acwinsett; 06-20-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:34 AM   #51
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

SRD newsletter

Your STD newsletter is GREAT! Alot of info very well presented! Very well done. The new colors are pretty too!
Old 03-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #52
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

Andreah, I love the new color scheme! And I'm going to have to hire you to make a newsletter for me, because yours is simply awesome!
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #53
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

wow Andrea everything looks amazing so far!! i love your color scheme! It's going to look so beautiful! And your newsletter is AMAZING!!! So detailed!! Can't wait for more planning!!

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #54
BewwyBootiful
Earning My Ears

Andreah, everything looks beautiful! You are so well organized - are you going to go for a PS?
BewwyBootiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #55
acwinsett
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the feedback, everyone! I spent the afternoon at Archiver's today looking for materials to do our Save the Dates . . . my poor son was soooo bored! I'm gonna fiddle with them this evening and I'll post photos as soon as they're presentable.

Meg, if you need some newsletter help or inspiration, just let me know . . . I enjoy doing this stuff :-)

BewwyBootiful . . . please forgive me, but what's a "PS"? I'm usually pretty good with my acronyms, but I've taken so many allergy meds this week I've started to get loopy :-)

Andreah
Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #56
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

PS is your Planning Session.

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #57
acwinsett
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
PS is your Planning Session.
Thank you! Thank you! I was thinking PS might be "Priority Seating" - which is what they USED to call Advance Dining Reservations, and I was thinking to myself, "That doesn't make much sense . . ."

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up!

At this time, we have not scheduled a Planning Session, but I would LOVE to have an excuse to hit Disney for a long weekend sometime this summer. I don't know . . . maybe if we found a great last-minute something on Priceline . . . :-)

Andreah
Old 04-01-2009, 05:48 AM   #58
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Ok, I just love your Newsletter!! I think it's fantastic! Which program did you use to make it if you don't mind me asking?!

I think Disney should hire you for their brochures

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #59
acwinsett
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Tailfinder View Post
Ok, I just love your Newsletter!! I think it's fantastic! Which program did you use to make it if you don't mind me asking?!
Hi! How've you been? I see you've set the date for Aug 2010 . . . how exciting?!

To make the newsletter, I used a program called Pages. It's part of the iWork suite of products for Mac computers, and it's super-cheap, like $79 for a fantastic word processor, spreadsheet program and presentation graphics program. I LOVE it . . . so easy! If you don't have a Mac, you can use a program like PhotoShop for the same range of effects, or something like Microsoft Publisher.

Hope this helps!

Andreah
Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #60
acwinsett
DIS Veteran

Get in Shape Program!

With approximately 9 months to go before our wedding, I decided that March was going to be a "power month" for me, and that I would get really serious about getting in shape for the wedding. March would be a great month . . . Daylight Saving Time began (daylight is very important - I can exercise outside!), my company's conference was finished, and the weather was a little warmer.

About six years ago I was a bit heavy and managed to lose about 40 lbs using Weight Watchers. I have kept that weight off all this time, but haven't managed to lose very much more. My overall hope is to lose about 15 pounds, or 10% of my total weight. I'm within a healthy weight range for my height, but at the "higher end", and would like to be in the "middle to lower end".

Santa Claus brought me an elliptical machine, so that has been a huge help. I alternate between using the elliptical and walking outside. When the weather is nice, I love to go outside with the iPhone and listen to music, and on other days, I throw the Young and the Restless on DVR and do the elliptical.

I'm keeping a health and fitness diary in a password-protected WordPress blog, which has been really cool. I can access the blog from anywhere - home, work, and iPhone - to add information like the food I eat, the activity I do, and stuff like migraines.

The program has been working well, although I had a really nasty allergy attack after my first outdoor walk - go figure! So there were about 10 days in March where I was pretty sick and not able to get much exercise. But all I wanted to eat was soup, so it kind of balanced out.

My hope for the month of March was to lose 4 pounds. I purposefully don't use the word "goal", when I talk about how much weight I would like to lose in a given period of time because we can't directly control what the scale says from one day to the next - we can only "influence" the scale by what we eat and the exercise we do.

I'm happy to report that, despite a little illness, March was a success! I journaled in WordPress every day, and exercised every day that I was able. From March 1 to April 1, I lost 6.6 pounds, and an inch off my waist measurement . . . woo hoo!

It's a great start, and great motivation to keep it going through April! My hope for April is to lose 4 more pounds. I'm going to continue the cardio routine, and start introducing some resistance training, upper-body in particular. And, of course, I will continue to keep my diet as healthy as possible.

8 months to go! Next update . . . early May!

Andreah

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: