Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #46
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesel View Post
We went ahead and made hotel ressies at the HOJO's for Dec 5-9, continuing on to stay in Joshua Tree with the in-laws. I didn't realize that it might be crowded due to Candelight Processional, but that might be cool to see. We are going to get our first APs in June and are very excited! My in-laws announced that they would like to come with us for part of the time, so once that's firmed up I'll need to get another room. Anyway, they are in their mid 70s and will be going at a much slower pace. I know my mother in law really enjoys looking at holiday decorations. If anyone has any other suggestions for holiday activities that they would enjoy, I would appreciate the advice. We are saving too and are looking forward to our two vacations this year!
What about a tour? They have the holiday tour, that might be a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhh PrettyPrincessBelle... what a great birthday that will be

jnjusia.... no i don't.. keep checking the disneyland website.

Liesel... we are also talking some older people.. i'll post some things i'm going to do later .. also... check and see if your hotel has a senior rate.. disney offered 30% discount on the rooms for the senior rate.. and they put it on both rooms we booked.

Niele... i am so thrilled.. i can't wait.. Please post more about your stay last year.. it will get us all in the spirit.

Andrew's_Princess... welcome!!!

PixieWings71... ooohhh don't even go there.. ... you should go on the girls trip next year.. i went this year and it was alot of fun.
i still have to make my trip report..you would really like it.
I was there at the same time this year, looked EVERYWHERE for you all and didn't find anyone!!!! I was so bummed. I'd LOVE to do a Ladies Only Trip but I'm really shy around people I don't know and while I know you all here I don't know you IRL so I'm shy. LOL Stupid yes but real!! Oh and that shy goes away once I meet you, ask Nancy and Jasmine! LOL I would totally do that mini meet you've got up but I won't be there! I was checking the calender last night and I'm pretty sure we will go the 11-16th.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #47
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

I will be there in December. I would really like to do one of the Candlelight Processional dinner packages, but they sell out quickly. I would love to meet up with fellow DISers.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #48
liesel
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the senior discount tip, everyone. My mother in law had back surgery in Feb so we aren't sure what her pace will be in Dec. She's doing great with rehab and was walking at least 2 hours a day before her injury, so if she's at full strength, she should be great. A tour sounds like a good idea. They are on a limited income, so we would be springing for all their extras, but if I can tell them I'm getting a discount (I have AAA, Disney Visa, and will have a Deluxe AP by then), I know they'll feel a whole lot better.

DLR: many times as a local 1984-1995, June 2009, December 2009, June 2010, October 2010 (day trip), October 2011, January 2012 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, July/August 2012, August/September 2012, January 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, March 2013, Dumbo Double Dare August/September 2013, Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2014

WDW: 1980, September 2008, February 2014 Princess Half Marathon-first coast to coast

Upcoming DLR trips: August 2014 Dumbo Double Dare 2: Liesel Strikes Back and first 10K with my DS, November 2014 Avengers Half Marathon (because I have a problem saying no to inaugural events), January 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon (see Avengers), May 2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon and birthday trip

liesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #49
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Good Morning Everyone! Sorry I didn't do updates yesterday, I wasn't feeling well.

Liesel... i understand the situation you are in. we are having the discussion right now as to who is going on the trip... should we try and bring my father.. he has a heart problem and also it's hard for him to walk.. or do we bring the 3 grand children.. we are taking them in a month and it's so hard to get them out of school.. so we will talk more this weekend and decide.

Pixiewings71.... i think everyone feels that way.. i know i did. join up now and you will have a year to get to know people. throughout the year you get to know those who have kids the same age as yours.. or who have life challenges like yours... or favorite things in the parks...
the thing about the disboard trip is... like life... some people will be your friends.. some will be your acquantainces.. and some you won't really talk to... not in a bad way... it's just they are also in the same circle i just gave to you and those circles are in different states of motion.

Miss MaryJo... I hope you will tell us more about the Candellight Processional Dinner.. it sounds Interesting!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:05 AM   #50
fairykin

Updated List

fairykin......Dec. 4th thru 8th, we are staying at Grand Californian
pixelyy.........Dec. 4th-11th. We are staying at Hojo.
PrettyPrincessBelle... week of Dec. 5th
liesel.....Dec 5th -9th We are staying at Hojos
PixieWings71...Dec. 11th-16th. We are staying at HoJos.
Mommy with Dreams .....Dec. 9th-11th. We are staying at HOJO's.
dlawallace.....Dec. 13th-16th We are staying at Disneyland Hotel.
Niele....Dec. 14th-18th at the GC again
QueenDoOver...Dec 17th to 23th Staying in the Pirate Suite at HoJo's
kerickson....Dec 17th to 23th staying at Sheraton and the Villas@GC
jnjusoioa.......Dec. 27th-Jan. 1st, we are staying at HoJo
Wendylady36 aka WendyLouWho...Dec. { Not sure yet, but reaLLy wanting to go}
JordansMomma aka DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister.. Dec. { not sure yet, but Super really wanting to go}
Andrew's_Princess...{Yes Yes Yes...not sure yet when]
Oscarkitty1......Dec. {Waiting to see if it's WDW or DL}

Last edited by fairykin; 03-22-2009 at 10:30 PM.
fairykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #51
fairykin

I can't wait to see pictures of the pirate themed suite at Hojo's!

***Corrected Info On Candlelight Procession***

Disneyland only offers it 2 nights in December

Last edited by fairykin; 03-21-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #52
dlawallace
I believe in the Magic!!!

What What???? I have not heard of a pirate suite at HOJO! Is it open yet? Is there only one? Tell me more.

dlawallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #53
dlawallace
I believe in the Magic!!!

OH, by the way we will be driving from Lubbock Texas (16 1/2 hours) and staying at the DLH. I am so excited, I stayed there once before in '93 and I can't wait to go back!!!

dlawallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #54
kerickson
VGC Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post

December****Disboard Girl's Only mini meet for cocktails and desserts at Napa Rose****
MaryJo
Stacerita
Tinkermell
Beth
fairykin and her mom
WendyLady36
Jordan'sMomma
PrettyPrincessBelle
fairykin, when is the mini meet in Dec? Not sure if it will coincide with my trip, but anything with cocktails, dessert and Napa Rose in the same sentence sounds good to me! Oh and Girls Only to boot!

kerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #55
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

nov 29arive. 1st day on my bday nov 30th. we are staying till Friday morning or sat morning staying at hojos Disney room view. Just decided three or four days ago to go.

We are hoping to catch fantasmic thats why we may stay friday night.
we went two years ago it was nice we didn't get to do the tour since it was rainy we may try to do it this year.

Last edited by JadeDarkstar; 03-20-2009 at 05:49 PM.
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #56
Niele
"when you wish upon a star"

First, thank you fairykin for starting this thread. It's always fun to hear what other mouseketeers will be doing in December. Christmas time is such a wonderful time of year and Disney adds that extra special ambiance. If you're staying at the GC you might want to check out the concierge level. It is expensive and probably not worth it monetarily but when you can listen to the carolers, Santa doing storytime for the kids, have front row balcony seats to watch the fireworks (with the music piped in live), wonderful deserts and a grand manier in hand, it is soooo worth it. The other "must do's" for us are BB for lunch or dinner (foods ok but it is a tradition in our household), riding as many rides at night (just so wonderful when you are going around on Splash Mountain and you can see the fireworks going off), the snow on Main Street after the fireworks ... it just makes that time of year so much more special. I can't wait to see the new addition to the hotel (DVC) this year, just hoping it does not cut off too much of the view of DCA from our room. What plans are you making? I'm still thinking of the gift basket, maybe the Christmas tree for the room (depending how outrageous the cost is this year) and what other fun extras to do .... guess we have a little time. Happy planning, all!
Niele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:48 AM   #57
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

We go every year for Christmas. Last year we were there for both Christmas and New Year's and had a blast. This year will probably be just for Christmas again so the dates are tentatively set for Dec 23 - 28 either staying at the Anaheim Plaza Inn or Hojos. Haven't decided yet. Looking forward to more Christmas cheer in our happy place!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #58
fairykin

Updated List

Jadedarkstar...nov 29arive staying thru friday, we are staying at HoJos
fairykin......Dec. 4th thru 8th, we are staying at Grand Californian
pixelyy.........Dec. 4th-11th. We are staying at Hojo.
PrettyPrincessBelle... week of Dec. 5th
liesel.....Dec 5th -9th We are staying at Hojos
PixieWings71...Dec. 11th-16th. We are staying at HoJos.
Mommy with Dreams .....Dec. 9th-11th. We are staying at HOJO's.
dlawallace.....Dec. 13th-16th We are staying at Disneyland Hotel.
Niele....Dec. 14th-18th at the GC again
QueenDoOver...Dec 17th to 23th Staying in the Pirate Suite at HoJo's
kerickson....Dec 17th to 23th staying at Sheraton and the Villas@GC
ladylyons..Dec 23th to 28th staying at Anaheim Plaza or Hojos
jnjusoioa.......Dec. 27th-Jan. 1st, we are staying at HoJo
Wendylady36 aka WendyLouWho...Dec. { Not sure yet, but reaLLy wanting to go}
JordansMomma aka DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister.. Dec. { not sure yet, but Super really wanting to go}
Andrew's_Princess...{Yes Yes Yes...not sure yet when]
Oscarkitty1......Dec. {Waiting to see if it's WDW or DL}

Last edited by fairykin; 03-22-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #59
fairykin

dlawallace.. i'll do my best to find out the info about the Hojo pirate suite.. one of the girls posted about it on another thread.. and it sounds so kewl! We live in el paso and drive to disneyland often.. it's a nice drive.. we want to stay at the disneyland hotel sometime.. i hear the grounds are beautiful!

kerikson..we haven't picked a date yet but it will be during the dec. 4th thru 8th time.. just an impromtu get together late one night for a cocktail and dessert...it's nice to have a moment to rest and visit after the rush of the crowd and taking care of everyone all day. when a date is picked i'll post it and hope that you all can come!

Jadedarkstar.... i'm sending you good weather pixiedust this year

Niele... we went last year, you can see our family pics in the trip report in my signature at the bottom of this post. Last night we decided to take my parents.. and not try to take the three grandchildren out of school as we will be taking the grandchildren 2 times this summer.

So... i, too, was thinking of a welcome basket last night ... do i make one and mail it ahead to have it waiting? or do i order one? do i make a little tree and mail it ahead to the hotel? or do i purchase one there?
has anyone purchased a tree from the hotels? what are they like? what is the price range? does anyone have a pic?

The gift baskets i've been considering.. are the robe one.. or the coffee one.

This is going to be a once in a life time trip with my father.. as he has a very bad heart condition.
We won't be doing alot on this trip.. we will go on Soarin'... take the train around the park.. one day take the train to new orleans square and go to pirates, and ride the ships and do haunted.. then take the train back to the main gate and go back to the hotel.. our days will be very laid back.. my father won't do a wheelchair or evc, so our pace will be slow with many stops to rest.. yet i know that going in and my goal is for my parents to have a very special trip at *their* pace. That will be the best christmas gift i could ever get.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #60
fairykin

And this is an updated booking quote i found on the Disboard with info on the HOJO Themed Suites

" I just booked the Kids Suite at the HoJo for October 21-25. She said that they are starting to sell them in July. They are all HWY facing, and price is based on time of year. The kids room is completely seperate from the parents room, and there is a door that can be closed. TWO BATHROOMS! They will have the new bedding and a fridge and microwave. The kid's room is pirate themed. I am paying$113.90 a night with our Disboard discount of 15%. The room will sleep 6, so if you can stand HWY side, I bet it would be a great room for those who really want to pack them in. NO roll away in the kids room allowed, but a crib is. There is an AP discount of 20% as usual. "

i hope that helps some of you out

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: