Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 06:41 AM   #451
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info Laura! What did you mean by checkout and make sure that the cm does that for me so I don't lose my reservations? Thanks!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:45 AM   #452
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Welcome to my world of ADR-itis. I can't even tell you how many times I have called Disney Dining to make changes and I'm still not completely satisfied with what I have. I'm choosing to ignore them for awhile, it's working well for me so far.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2009, 07:19 AM   #453
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Thanks for the info Laura! What did you mean by checkout and make sure that the cm does that for me so I don't lose my reservations? Thanks!
After making a few ADRs...say 6...then you should have the CM give you your confirmation number for those ADRs and then proceed with making any additional ADRs you want. I've heard that if they try to do more than 6 the system locks up and you lose any ADRs you had before it locked up. So the CMs are making so many and then giving you your confirmation # for those ADRs to keep that from happening.

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 03-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #454
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I get it! I've got a few I'm not thrilled with and its really hard to let it go. I think I was happier before I got on the Dis and realized what I was missing!: Are you going to call at 90 days? I'm trying tomorrow morning for SOMETHING @ HS, hoping for more released tables.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #455
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Congrats on your ADRs----but right now I am so overwhelmed about all these new changes to the system---it seems SO HARD to get what you want now. I want the old system back!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 03-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #456
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Congrats on your ADRs----but right now I am so overwhelmed about all these new changes to the system---it seems SO HARD to get what you want now. I want the old system back!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, MegansMom... I am really nervous, too! System crashing? ADRs that are already booked out for certain days, locations... Lost confirmation #s... Ugh.

Hope it all comes together for everyone!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 03-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #457
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
So two years ago I struggled with resorts.... spend the money for WL or stay at a Moderate... back and forth, back and forth. In the end we loved our WL stay (I will be back there.... but remember "Who I am to say no to going to WDW?= I had not budgeted). Then last year we just went for fun with our two girls.... real dilemas changes (we had enough in real non-Disney life- new baby, moving). This year I am obsessed with ADRS.

After about say 40 minutes of studying my beloved ADRs I realized that I had CRT at 1:15. Now I thought I wanted 1, but was starting to worry.... would that be too late, especially for Luke? Should I have gotten an earlier ADR, I don't remember her sharing another time, but I am not sure if I gave her a time to work from. So stupidly I called WDW Dining..... the message was different, the prompts were not accepting my responses. Know I did this at least twice, wasting minutes and never talking to someone in who could help me. So the question I pose is how many more times will I have ADR envy or doubt?

When my kids were that age, they would have eaten table foods any time any place. Maybe you could feed him puffs or other munchie around noon and then give him something more substantial when you sat down. I imagine you are going to have to have a bag with a variety of finger foods anyhow. We had an ADR around that time last summer and it was really perfect. We were tired and crabby and the meal perked everyone right up!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #458
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I had ADRitis in October. I finally settled on what I was going to have about 45 days out. Considering I could call back then at 180 days, well that should tell you how often I called.

I think your 1:15 should be fine. You could always bring Cheerios to tide him over until CRT. CRT is so hard to get, I think you might have to deal with that one.

I realized we will be in Magic Kingdom on the same day, too. (The 24th)

Old 03-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #459
Happydog
DIS Veteran

What time is his regular nap time? Is it right around then? He may fall asleep or with cherrios be content enough, especially with things going on around him?

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 03-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #460
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting! I'm very excited for you and your family!!!
I haven't been to Disney since 2003 and I'm VERY anxious to go again...
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR June 2014 Engagement Trip- AKL-Jambo

Old 03-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #461
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Oh, okay, I get it now. It seems like we always have CS meals left over and use up on the last two days. Good plan!

So, can you book 90+10 or just 90 days out?
90 days out for up to ten days of your stay... I however booked CRT for the 11th day of our stay... with no problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
If your ADRitis is like my resort-itis, there's no telling. What else do you wish you had changed or gotten? I would give it a couple of days to just sink in before trying to change anything.
I am a bit worried about CRT lunch time. I would be shocked if we stick with these ADRS... I already have some ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That's a lot of good eating planned!

And possibly adding an extra night - that sounds great!
I am kicking myself on the flight stuff... DH is for driving, I want to fly. I also know we missed some good flight deals. Maybe they will drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
They put your ADRS in a cart(like online shopping carts). My cm asked how many more I wanted to make, warning me that they sometimes go bad/full and have problems. She said at around six you should checkout. Just keep this in mind, I know you will have tons of ADRs in your long trip and Deluxe Dining plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Welcome to my world of ADR-itis. I can't even tell you how many times I have called Disney Dining to make changes and I'm still not completely satisfied with what I have. I'm choosing to ignore them for awhile, it's working well for me so far.
It makes me feel better. LL I must admit your night before ADRs was in my head all night long Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
After making a few ADRs...say 6...then you should have the CM give you your confirmation number for those ADRs and then proceed with making any additional ADRs you want. I've heard that if they try to do more than 6 the system locks up and you lose any ADRs you had before it locked up. So the CMs are making so many and then giving you your confirmation # for those ADRs to keep that from happening.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I get it! I've got a few I'm not thrilled with and its really hard to let it go. I think I was happier before I got on the Dis and realized what I was missing!: Are you going to call at 90 days? I'm trying tomorrow morning for SOMETHING @ HS, hoping for more released tables.
I cannot believe that it is this hard to get ADRS. Come on the economy is not good, people are cutting back, but now an ADR at Disney is crazy hard to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I am right there with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I agree, MegansMom... I am really nervous, too! System crashing? ADRs that are already booked out for certain days, locations... Lost confirmation #s... Ugh.

Hope it all comes together for everyone!

I have my confirmation numbers everywhere. I am for sure taking them with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
When my kids were that age, they would have eaten table foods any time any place. Maybe you could feed him puffs or other munchie around noon and then give him something more substantial when you sat down. I imagine you are going to have to have a bag with a variety of finger foods anyhow. We had an ADR around that time last summer and it was really perfect. We were tired and crabby and the meal perked everyone right up!
I hope almost he sleeps good before it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I had ADRitis in October. I finally settled on what I was going to have about 45 days out. Considering I could call back then at 180 days, well that should tell you how often I called.

I think your 1:15 should be fine. You could always bring Cheerios to tide him over until CRT. CRT is so hard to get, I think you might have to deal with that one.

I realized we will be in Magic Kingdom on the same day, too. (The 24th)
I would never give up CRT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
What time is his regular nap time? Is it right around then? He may fall asleep or with cherrios be content enough, especially with things going on around him?
He is not good on this scheduled nap. We have finally gotten good at night. To be honest I get home/leave around nap time. I would be sad if he was down before I get home. He wants to nurse as soon as I get home too...he is very into mommy right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiesfeld07 View Post
Thanks for posting! I'm very excited for you and your family!!!
I haven't been to Disney since 2003 and I'm VERY anxious to go again...
Thanks for joining!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #462
White as Snow
Mouseketeer

I read your other TRs well after the fact and was THRILLED to find this one! Your children are precious! I can't wait to read about more of the planning details!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #463
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So earlier this week I mentioned that I hoped DH would consider not making me cancel all my room only nights. Well today was the day! I got to my car after school to get two pleasant surprises from DH:

Delta dropped flight rates... and now we are flying

And to get the cheapest flight deal, we just have to leave on the Tuesday, the day we planned to drive. That means we will have an extra day to relax.

We arrive at MCO after one, so we will have the rest of the day to relax and explore. Then we have all day Wednesday to do some relaxing and exploring before we start our meal plan/tickets/grandparents join us!

Then we will still leave on the 25th, around 2ish.

Yea!!! nonstop flights with grandparents to take our extras! I think we will all carry-on a bag, and the check hopefully just one to tide us over until my parents arrive.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #464
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Wow, congratulations!

Getting to fly AND have extra stuff for your trip--perfect!

AND yea on the extra day. Way to go hubby!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #465
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
So earlier this week I mentioned that I hoped DH would consider not making me cancel all my room only nights. Well today was the day! I got to my car after school to get two pleasant surprises from DH:

Delta dropped flight rates... and now we are flying

And to get the cheapest flight deal, we just have to leave on the Tuesday, the day we planned to drive. That means we will have an extra day to relax.

We arrive at MCO after one, so we will have the rest of the day to relax and explore. Then we have all day Wednesday to do some relaxing and exploring before we start our meal plan/tickets/grandparents join us!

Then we will still leave on the 25th, around 2ish.

Yea!!! nonstop flights with grandparents to take our extras! I think we will all carry-on a bag, and the check hopefully just one to tide us over until my parents arrive.
The dance of joy for you! I am so happy for you guys!

I got an email saying that Delta was dropping prices this afternoon and was having trouble getting the link to C&P into your PTR. Glad to see you found it!

It'll be awesome to have that extra day breather!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: