Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

We had a very early spa reservation at the Grand Floridian, 8am! We decided to grab some coffee, or in my case tea, and walk instead of the monorail. It was fantastic! The Princess race or something was going on and they had a bunch of characters waving to the runners...we saw Peter Pan and Wendy at one spot, Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter in another and lastly was Belle and the Beast....it was so cool!

The GF spa is aaaaamazing! This was DH's first ever spa experience and after yesterday it will not be his last. We were shown to our separate dressing rooms, the ladies room had lockers, showers, the sauna, steam room and the hot tub, shampoo and the other necessities too. Nice robes, flip flops and towels too. A big bowl of oranges, water with a hint of green tea and many hot teas (organic and green) to choose from.

I met my massage therapist Amy and we met up with DH and his guy Dale, we smelled 6 different aromotherapy oils and DH picked the most popular one, a heavy antioxident one and I had the lavender vanilla.

We were led into a huge room, very dim with wonderful music and lighting. The tables were right next to each other but not too close. The techs were to die for....for me she hit all the right spots in my neck and shoulders and for DH the same plus his head. It was heaven and the time flew by!

When we were finished I said, meet back here at 10am and we will go to Chef Mickeys....take all the time you need cuz I plan on doing that too!

Back in the ladies lounge I relaxed in the sauna, the steam room, the spa, I drank soooo much water and ate and orange. Then I showered using the best Grapefruit scented shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion etc....it was the best. The shower is huge and the water comes from this humongous head up top. Little did I know DH was in the mens lounge doing the same thing!

We both walked out at the same time, we were so jelly like and relaxed and staving! I wanted to buy the shampoo and stuff but it is $100 for the set so I said forget it! We used our AP for a 10% discount too.

Cannot wait to go back here! I think in October we are going to spend our Saturday before we leave at the Saratoga Springs Spa or the Dolphin Spa for a full day treatment with wraps and facials and stuff! We enjoyed it so much that we want to do it again but for a longer time!

If you guys ever get the chance check out the GF spa, it is wonderful!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: