Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #436
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I'm so anxious to hear how you did! I'll definitely use your tips re: backup plans for tomorrow. I think I only have 2. Can't wait to hear.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #437
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear what you got. I usually have a whole chart of things I want and second choices just in case. It can be so overwhelming!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #438
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear what you got!

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
Old 03-16-2009, 08:45 AM   #439
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Okay a bit of time to reflect. First of all I got through right away... super happy. I followed the prompts I saw posted on TGM forum... I also really watched the Universal Time website so I called on time!

The new system is super smart, it was not accepting my reservations since I wanted to do dining for days after my stay, but after trying one it seemed to let me do it. (Remember I had two reservations... room only, then our package-- my parents have a package too) They did ask for Reservation numbers. The CM contacted a manager... she must have done something, but said she did not. I started right away wanting my much wanted Crystal Palace reservation.... the best time is 8:05, and it is a firmer and harder system to get, once they are gone, she can do nothing the CM said. I could not get 8:05 for three MK days I wanted, over 95 days out mind you! Below is a copy of the chart I started last night.

Date / Restaurant Wanted / ActualADR
Thur June 18 / Mama Melrose FDP / Crystal Palace Dinner
Fri June 19 / LeCellier 5:45 / Coral Reef
Sat June 20 / Crystal Palace 8:00 AM / Chef Mickey Dinner
Sun June 21 / Crystal Palace Dinner
Mon June 22 / The Coral Reef 5:45 / LeCellier
Tues June 23 / Chef Mickey 5:45 / Mama Melrose FDP
Wed June 24 / Cinderella's Royal Table / Cinderella RT

Time wise I got the reservations I wanted. I also got all the restaurants I wanted, but had to plug in more than one day to get them.

So I started with Crystal Palace first--- and got no 8:05, so I dropped it and moved on to Fantasmic Dinner Package- I could not get it on 6/18 all booked. CM said those are booking really fast. So I took 6/23. Then we worked on LeCellier. I stupidly was offered 6:30ish on 6/19, but got distracted about another reservation and said no, so when she checked again... it was gone, so we moved it back to 6/22. I think I had her check CRT---- I had realized last night it was actually a 90+11 day ADR, so I thought I would have to call a second day to get it. I really really wanted to eat there on this last day, since it is our actual anniversary and I thought a good last meal! I did not even check breakfast, but she quickly offered a time and I took it.
I knew Chef Mickeys was out the first few days since it had been booking at the 180 date, so I was thrilled to get a Saturday night ADR there. So we plugged in Coral Reef into my original LeCellier spot on our EPCOT day...and I realized 8:20 would not be that bad---- I tell you I have major ADR cnanges disease!

So back she went searching for the 8:20 Crystal Palace spots... and now I have two. She said we would probably be seated earlier if we got there early... they have lots of no shows-(perhaps they should charge???) and I realized the extra time walking Main Street might be great. So why two days ADRs... at first I wanted our first MK day to do this, but I am afraid we will be behind the 9:00 rush, and since we are crazy Dumbo riders, I think we will go our middle MK day. The CM warned me about my shopping cart (ADR reservations) getting too full and erasing, so we did the CP breakfasts after I checked out time one. If DH freaks about the 8:20 Breakfast ADR we will do Crystal Palace dinner, one of the two days (Saturday and Monday- I am leaning towards Monday) I have it. I am not thrilled that we do not have any ADRS two days, but oh well. I plan to cancel three ADRs to the Crystal Palace.

I am also sure that having a ADR for seven affected the success a bit! However I cannot stress I would have lots of options and plans. Also it takes a while... th CM kept apologizing, I thought the whole time I was happy to have a CM to talk to, I was thrilled to not be on hold!

More thoughts later... and a second call to WDW Dining.... I know I am crazy!
Old 03-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #440
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting your ADR's done! That is a major stress in the trip planning that is over with.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #441
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I have to say your experience has me a little worried. The last Fantasmic day we'll be in Disney is the 19th and you couldn't get a FDP. Do you think Fantasmic is worth it w/o the dining package? Also, hoping for Le Celier on the 19th (our anniversary). Oh well, we'll work with what we get. Yea for getting what you were hoping for.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #442
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

First set of responses... getting going while water is boiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I listen to it too and it gets me in a great mood.
I cannot believe Anita you are there! Hope you are enjoying every single second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
Can you order the cd? We have tried to watch Wishes and some of the parades on u tube but my computer won't load them!
I don't know... maybe through merchandise, we watch online too, so fun, sorry your computer does not cooperate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Lots of pixie dust for Monday! I hope everything goes smoothly for you, and I can't wait to hear what you end up with!

What an awesome treat from Wigd!!!
It was such a treat! I must admit I am beyond relieved to be done calling... it took a while, but at least I was on the phone, not waiting on hold the first time I called

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
What a wonderful present! We have never made it through Wishes either. Whenever we make our next trip, it's on my must do!!
I will make it through... we have been there late enough, but never really watched due to Hannah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
AWESOME!!!! I am trying to get my hands on that CD! Can you only buy it at the parks? GOOD LUCK tomorrow! I will be anxiously awaiting to hear how you made out!
It is a fun CD... I love how themepark CDS transport you there!

Quote:
Lots of pixie dust for you tomorrow! I will be stalking your PTR to see how you make out!!!
I thought my on hold time would give me good DISing time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
How awesome!!! Enjoy your music
Thanks!

Quote:
Hoping tomorrow's phone call goes well. I've been thinking of you all day!! I can't wait to hear what you were able to score!
I feel successful..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
I was just coming to tell you this! LOL We're not going this year but I'm still keeping up with everything and printing updates and information for my humongeous binder.
TGM did not change anything from what I had planned, but I sure felt better.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #443
Happydog
DIS Veteran

HI! Well I think this is funny but these are some of my trip dates... but we officially arrive on the 17th. My choices look so different from yours! I am sure that is pretty par for the course -- we all have different ideas... so hopefully it will work out for everyone. And I think you did really well considering your party size! SO you did get Le Cellier just not on the original day you were looking at? That is good to hear... And you still have a few more days to schedule ADRs for? I hope you get what you want! The phone call itself bodes well for the rest of us not having an excessive hold time...

I am now more nervous about this call... My day is Thursday... Looking forward to seeing it all in place for you! reading about everyone else's plans keeps us distracted from our own!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #444
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm officially confused about this new ADR system. I admit, I haven't read much about it thinking "how different can it be", but I guess I need to do some homework now.

So what are you going to do about the days with no ADRs?

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #445
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeay for only 30 minutes on the phone!!! I am glad that you had back-up plans to go with -- I did, too.

When you get back, let us know exactly what you got!
It is still a bit of a stress moving things around on the phone, but I got the reservations I wanted, just at different times.

Quote:
Glad to hear you were able to eat everywhere you wanted, even if a bunch had to be changed around. I cannot wait to see your dining plans!

I actually woke up this morning, looked at the clock and wondered how the phone call was going.
I slept horrible... kept going over things in my mind, along with some other crazy parts of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
OK, I am seriously concerned now! I have a backup plan too and hopefully it will work! Did you find that the later into your trip the easier it was? I can't wait to see exactly what you got!
Well I felt like everything just kept getting pushed back.... I could not get anything really for the first night. Plus I tried to watch for TGM days.... so it gets crazy. You have lots of days to play around with, but tons of ADRS. Do not forget to checkout or you might lose reservations, make sure the CM tells you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I'm so anxious to hear how you did! I'll definitely use your tips re: backup plans for tomorrow. I think I only have 2. Can't wait to hear.
Get some options ready for changing around days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I can't wait to hear what you got. I usually have a whole chart of things I want and second choices just in case. It can be so overwhelming!
I am happy with all but the CP at 8:20, that is a bit of a downer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
Can't wait to hear what you got!
Now I feel like it is real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Congrats on getting your ADR's done! That is a major stress in the trip planning that is over with.
It did make me worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Congratulations! I have to say your experience has me a little worried. The last Fantasmic day we'll be in Disney is the 19th and you couldn't get a FDP. Do you think Fantasmic is worth it w/o the dining package? Also, hoping for Le Celier on the 19th (our anniversary). Oh well, we'll work with what we get. Yea for getting what you were hoping for.
Remember I really do not want to eat late with three little kids, so the CM did not try to push late ADR times on me. If the dinner package cuts our wait time it is worth it for us, plus we probably would have tried MM anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
HI! Well I think this is funny but these are some of my trip dates... but we officially arrive on the 17th. My choices look so different from yours! I am sure that is pretty par for the course -- we all have different ideas... so hopefully it will work out for everyone. And I think you did really well considering your party size! SO you did get Le Cellier just not on the original day you were looking at? That is good to hear... And you still have a few more days to schedule ADRs for? I hope you get what you want! The phone call itself bodes well for the rest of us not having an excessive hold time...

I am now more nervous about this call... My day is Thursday... Looking forward to seeing it all in place for you! reading about everyone else's plans keeps us distracted from our own!!

I am done with ADRs. We have a seven day package and dining plan. I know need to cancel some, cancel the extra room nights (maybe I can con DH into going another day earlier--- we had a great tax refund) and switch our CRT ADR over. I had to pay CC for it because it was too many days out from our dining package MYW reservation. (I still can't quite figure it out, but no worries... I know I can get it fixed still)
Old 03-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #446
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Okay, I'm officially confused about this new ADR system. I admit, I haven't read much about it thinking "how different can it be", but I guess I need to do some homework now.

So what are you going to do about the days with no ADRs?
From what I can gather based on the DIS and my conversation... the new system is smarter. They ask for reservation numbers, probably can prevent bookings at the same time for different places and there is no way to override. The restaurants now do their own seating she said today, and it seems like there might be slots not there.... even at 90+10 I could not get an 8:05 ADR at CP.

As for Thursday and Sunday not having ADRS... we will use our CS meals. I am sure we will have food leftover-- I cannot imagine the girls using their own CS credits and there will be one day we have two big meal ADRS....plus it actually works great with my plans for those two days.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #447
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh, okay, I get it now. It seems like we always have CS meals left over and use up on the last two days. Good plan!

So, can you book 90+10 or just 90 days out?

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #448
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So two years ago I struggled with resorts.... spend the money for WL or stay at a Moderate... back and forth, back and forth. In the end we loved our WL stay (I will be back there.... but remember "Who I am to say no to going to WDW?= I had not budgeted). Then last year we just went for fun with our two girls.... real dilemas changes (we had enough in real non-Disney life- new baby, moving). This year I am obsessed with ADRS.

After about say 40 minutes of studying my beloved ADRs I realized that I had CRT at 1:15. Now I thought I wanted 1, but was starting to worry.... would that be too late, especially for Luke? Should I have gotten an earlier ADR, I don't remember her sharing another time, but I am not sure if I gave her a time to work from. So stupidly I called WDW Dining..... the message was different, the prompts were not accepting my responses. Know I did this at least twice, wasting minutes and never talking to someone in who could help me. So the question I pose is how many more times will I have ADR envy or doubt?

Old 03-17-2009, 05:03 AM   #449
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

If your ADRitis is like my resort-itis, there's no telling. What else do you wish you had changed or gotten? I would give it a couple of days to just sink in before trying to change anything.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #450
MeMom
DIS Veteran

That's a lot of good eating planned!

And possibly adding an extra night - that sounds great!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: