Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2009, 01:03 AM   #736
NJRA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkwoo84 View Post
Anybody know how Disney Visa card holders are notified of free dining. I know they get to book a few days before the general public but how do they let you know. Will they send a email??? do I need to keep an eye on the website? anyone remember from last year?
I have been wondering the same thing. Anyone know?
NJRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:41 AM   #737
Suellen
DIS Veteran

I don't think the free dining dates have been released yet.

Sometime the end of March usually I think they release the dates!

Pretty sure you won't be able to combine it with the 4/7 IF they extend that. I think that deal is over before the typical free dining time frame.
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2009, 06:16 AM   #738
Flametamr
I never thought about doing any other job
I actually do have a back up plan

Free dining is usaually offered early in April for travel dates in late August to September. The offer can not be combined with any other deal and for the record you pay full room rate to get free dining so keep that in mind when you decide where to stay.
2007- Port Orleans Riverside With Free Dining, 2008- Port Orleans French Quarter With Free Dining
2009- Boardwalk Inn With Free Dining. Upgraded from ASMO at Disney's expense following a problem, 2010- Ft Wilderness for the first time. It was great.
2013- First Halloween trip to the Fort. It was awesome.
[/url]
Flametamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:35 AM   #739
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

I have in the past gotten emails from Disney Visa - but not EVERY time (not sure of the pattern). Your best best for finding out about FD is to check here on the DIS - you'll know first here!
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:03 AM   #740
wildeoscar
DIS Veteran

Keep watching the skies, an offer might fall out. Dates for the offer have varied, there is not guarantee they will offer it again this year. If you think you can book a room only offer, then convert or upgrade to the free dinning offer when it comes out, the reservations system does not work that way. Due to limitation and restrictions and availability they have to start you over on a new reservation to "add" free dinning. Which means when you go to rebook the hotel you wanted might not be available. Having the room only reservation in hopes of converting it only takes away from the number of room on which they will offer free dinning available.
wildeoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #741
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

I think in these times.....a lot of people would downgrade...not everyone but i mean for us that would be an 800 dollar savings for 2 people!! There is a chance I wouldnt downgrade just bc its a honeymoon and once in a lifetime experience but id have to think real hard about it!!

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #742
goofygirl0415
Mouseketeer

Still a little confused...

So when the free dining comes available, everyone said that it will show up on here...but how will I know? Is there like a code I have to give when I make my ressies on the phone? If so will it be on here? I really want free dining this year! Thank you
goofygirl0415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #743
momsworld
Earning My Ears

Pipe dream?!

I booked our trip last month for Oct 28-Nov 3. Our main reason is to be there for DNSSHP. I booked with a 40% off room code at DisMovies resort. I haven't been to disney since 2000 so am very excited. It'll be my first time with hubby and kids. I have held off on our airline tickets in hope that my some miracle free dining or a better offer will be offered during our stay. We are flexable by a few days here and there. Anyone else in the same boat or am i holding onto a pike dream? We will be going none the less but would be fantastic to save more as these days money is very tight. We are traveling with another group which also has a 40% off code we are very lucky to both get codes. We figured we haven't been in so many years they new it would lure us in.
momsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #744
KKB
DIS Veteran

If the pattern from the last 3 years continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsworld View Post
I booked our trip last month for Oct 28-Nov 3. Our main reason is to be there for DNSSHP. I booked with a 40% off room code at DisMovies resort. I haven't been to disney since 2000 so am very excited. It'll be my first time with hubby and kids. I have held off on our airline tickets in hope that my some miracle free dining or a better offer will be offered during our stay. We are flexable by a few days here and there. Anyone else in the same boat or am i holding onto a pike dream? We will be going none the less but would be fantastic to save more as these days money is very tight. We are traveling with another group which also has a 40% off code we are very lucky to both get codes. We figured we haven't been in so many years they new it would lure us in.
It is highly unlikely that there will be free dining that late. It has never gone later than the first week of Oct., and last year it only went until Sept. 20 (though if that was your arrival day, you could get free dining for your entire trip, up to 10 days, I believe).
But 40% is a good deal, comparable to free dining if you are at a moderate or deluxe resort. Free dining is a better deal at value resorts/with larger parties.
Have a great time!
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!
2/26-3/2/15 WDW All Star resort w/ DD: dance team comptetition
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #745
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkwoo84 View Post
Anybody know how Disney Visa card holders are notified of free dining. I know they get to book a few days before the general public but how do they let you know. Will they send a email??? do I need to keep an eye on the website? anyone remember from last year?
Don't depend on Disney Visa emailing you prior to the sale. I have only gotten a couple of notifications over the years, and they have all been after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygirl0415 View Post
So when the free dining comes available, everyone said that it will show up on here...but how will I know? Is there like a code I have to give when I make my ressies on the phone? If so will it be on here? I really want free dining this year! Thank you
The code is usually posted on here or on mousesavers.com. Sometimes with the Disney Visa codes, and most of the time with the general public codes, the CMs will honor the sale without the code. You tell them what you are looking for and they find the code. Occasionally one will not, but the code should be available all over the place.
The thing that is the key with the Disney Visa discounts is you have to use your Disney Visa to book it. They can tell the difference between any other cards and the DV.

Happy Planning!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #746
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Free Dining in December

I know, for a fact, that there WAS Free Dining last year and with some dates in December. There were folks who were able to extend the offer through Christmas even. If I had known such a thing was possible I would have canceled my September trip and went in December. I am hoping that lightning strikes twice!

Slightly Goofy

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #747
CLR4321
DIS Veteran

We just want the free dining...but I won't complain if the 4/3 deal would be able to be combined with it. We have AAA, I wonder if we can get the AAA room only discount with it? Or does the package have to be booked through the WDTC in order to get the free dining? I did look up last year's info....turns out Disney Visa cardholders got an extension on the free dining. I am hoping that will be the case this year because we really want to go in October. We will go earlier if needed though. I am guessing they will announce any new deals when the 4/3 deal is up on the 29th. ***Keeping fingers crossed!***

March 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
Sept 2009 - Pop Century
Feb 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside & Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Jan 2015 - Old Key West
CLR4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #748
goofygirl0415
Mouseketeer

SO does anyone think that if I were to call and try and book today, tell them I have a Disney Visa, do you think I could get free dining? If I called this evening or is it still too early?
goofygirl0415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #749
KKB
DIS Veteran

Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
I know, for a fact, that there WAS Free Dining last year and with some dates in December. There were folks who were able to extend the offer through Christmas even. If I had known such a thing was possible I would have canceled my September trip and went in December. I am hoping that lightning strikes twice!

Slightly Goofy

For the first time last year free dining was also offered in December.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #750
KKB
DIS Veteran

Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygirl0415 View Post
SO does anyone think that if I were to call and try and book today, tell them I have a Disney Visa, do you think I could get free dining? If I called this evening or is it still too early?
Until Disney officically makes the announcement, not happening. Some free dining PIN codes were randomly sent out a month or 2 ago, and many of us even called just to see if we happened to have that code attached to our name, and just missed the email. Some had luck, most did not. Of course that PIN code has expired,....SOOOOOO....we are all just very impatiently waiting!!!

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: