Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #31
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

We interrupt our normally scheduled pre-trip report with this special announcement.....Our very own Shopaholic aka my DD Caitlin has just gotten her very first job! We always told her school was her "job" but with her first year of college coming to a close she began job hunting and VOILA! Got hired from the first place she applied! She is now the newest employee at our nearest American Eagle. She will now be earning her own money to fuel her shopping addiction!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #32
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Wow sorry it's taken so long for us to post a new day! with work and school now I have been pretty busy!

So on to day 4 of our fabulous Disney vacation!

We will be going to Disney Hollywood Studios for early morning magic hours!

My personal favorite! I love all of the rides here! My perfect job at Disney would be to work on the Great Movie Ride

For lunch we will be eating in Germany in Epcot!

I am a little bit nervous about this lunch because there is supposed to be a lot of meat and I am not a huge meat eater :/

Then at 8 we will be taking the monorail to the Poly and watching wishes from the Beach

should be a fun day!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #33
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Day 4 will be a big day for Workaholic! He is a huge Buzz and Toy Story fan and this will be his first ride on TSM I know he will love it since he thinks the Buzz ride is awesome and there is no comparison between Buzz and TSM! Before lunch we will hop to Epcot to dine at the Biergarten. We chose this because Dale was born in Germany (his DF was stationed there) and we thought it would be a special treat for him. After lunch I'm looking forward to doing the Kim Possible adventure which I think sounds like a lot of fun! I love doing new things at WDW to keep it fresh every trip. The last thing we are doing for Dale, is Wishes at the Poly beach. He has always said his "perfect vacation" would be sitting on a beach with a drink in hand and just relaxing. That however sounds like torture to me I like my vacations to include lots of activity and a visit to the Mouse! I thought by taking him over to the Poly and buying him a LapuLapu it would fufill a little of his fantasy with some Disney flavor thrown in. Thats it for day 4 if you take the time to read please leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #34
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Just found ya and subbied!

I love the mom and daughter team!! I'm putting a surprise trip together for my AWESOME mom right now. It's wonderful you two are close! The picture of you both together is adorable!

Your plans look great so far; I can't wait to hear more (from both of you!)

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #35
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Aw I love DHS! We never have enough time to do all of the rides and we ALWAYS forget about the Great Movie Ride!

Sitting on the Poly beach with a drink in hand would NOT be relaxing because you're just going to be staring at the MK wondering what you're going to do next and how soon you can get over there!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #36
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

Congrats on the job! I had a couple retail jobs during college - it was actually pretty fun work.

A LapuLapu on the beach sounds perfect right about now! We've only got 6 weeks to go until our trip - hopefully we'll find some time to sit on the beach and relax at CBR.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #37
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
Just found ya and subbied!

I love the mom and daughter team!! I'm putting a surprise trip together for my AWESOME mom right now. It's wonderful you two are close! The picture of you both together is adorable!

Your plans look great so far; I can't wait to hear more (from both of you!)
Welcome! Glad you've joined us! Mother/Daughter trips are wonderful! In Dec Caitlin and I took one with my DM so it was 3 generations of girls! It was a lot of fun and we made a ton of great memories! I think we laughed til we cried at least once a day! I will check out your pretrippie to hear all about your suprise trip.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #38
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Aw I love DHS! We never have enough time to do all of the rides and we ALWAYS forget about the Great Movie Ride!

Sitting on the Poly beach with a drink in hand would NOT be relaxing because you're just going to be staring at the MK wondering what you're going to do next and how soon you can get over there!!!
Aww it's one of my favorites! It is really cheesy but it is still cute The beach will be relaxing for my DD but you're right I will be thinking I'd rather be at a park!

Last edited by dawnbu40; 03-18-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #39
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'm here!

Congrats on the job! I had a couple retail jobs during college - it was actually pretty fun work.

A LapuLapu on the beach sounds perfect right about now! We've only got 6 weeks to go until our trip - hopefully we'll find some time to sit on the beach and relax at CBR.
Welcome! Only 6 weeks to go how exciting! I hope you find some relaxation time. We usually wind up going til we drop so this year I'm "scheduling downtime" My name is Dawn and I am addicted to Disney planning!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #40
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Well in our neverending quest to create the "perfect" Disney experience we upgraded our hotel today! I haven't been certain about staying at a value since we had a bad experience at ASMo in 2007. The first room we were assigned had bugs on the ceiling, the bathroom door looked like a mirror had been ripped off of it and it was covered in black goo and the walls were all marked up. They did give us a new room but it marred our stay and left us determined not to return to any AllStar resort. When we booked this trip we thought we'd do a "budget trip "and thought we'd do the quick service plan and a value. We booked ASMu then switched to Pop when it became available. Well we decided to switch the dining plan to the regular plan (too many ts restaurants we want to try) and now we've upgraded our resort too. We found there was only a 300$ difference between Pop and a mod so we went for it! We have stayed at POR twice and CSR once and love them both but we wanted to try somewhere new. My first choice was POFQ but of course its filled so we are staying at...wait for it...CBR! I am a bit leery of how large it is but I think it looks beautiful and I love that the rooms are newly refurbed!!Thats all for now...but what do ya'll think? Did we make the right choice? Will we enjoy CBR more than Pop? (I do want to hop to Pop while we're there and if we like it we'll stay there next year.)
Old 03-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #41
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Well in our neverending quest to create the "perfect" Disney experience we upgraded our hotel today! I haven't been certain about staying at a value since we had a bad experience at ASMo in 2007. The first room we were assigned had bugs on the ceiling, the bathroom door looked like a mirror had been ripped off of it and it was covered in black goo and the walls were all marked up. They did give us a new room but it marred our stay and left us determined not to return to any AllStar resort. When we booked this trip we thought we'd do a "budget trip "and thought we'd do the quick service plan and a value. We booked ASMu then switched to Pop when it became available. Well we decided to switch the dining plan to the regular plan (too many ts restaurants we want to try) and now we've upgraded our resort too. We found there was only a 300$ difference between Pop and a mod so we went for it! We have stayed at POR twice and CSR once and love them both but we wanted to try somewhere new. My first choice was POFQ but of course its filled so we are staying at...wait for it...CBR! I am a bit leery of how large it is but I think it looks beautiful and I love that the rooms are newly refurbed!!Thats all for now...but what do ya'll think? Did we make the right choice? Will we enjoy CBR more than Pop? (I do want to hop to Pop while we're there and if we like it we'll stay there next year.)
I'm hoping CBR is the right choice... since that's where we are staying!

The only other on-site resort I've stayed at is Pop - other than a couple visits as a kid and I have no idea where we stayed then...

We chose CBR over Pop for the larger rooms, in room refrigerators and pool slides. I think you'll be happy!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #42
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

We used to always stay at CBR; this will be our first time at POP. You are going to LOVE CBR though! We've stayed at every moderate and value (other than POP), and CBR is number two on our list. (Number one for us is POFQ!)

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 03-18-2009, 04:40 AM   #43
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Thank you both for the positive things about CBR. I do prefer the mods the values. I like the little extra perks. My hesitation about CBR stemmed from the fact that DH has always said thats the one resort he "never" wanted to stay at (due to a silly incident 5 years ago) I don't remember the exact circumstances but we had been at one park and wanted to hop to DTD. We got on the first bus that came,CBR, and got off there and waited for the DTD bus. And waited. And waited. And waited. I think after about an hour we got picked up.This somewhat colored our attitude on their bus system. I've gotten over it. I mean I don't even know if we were at the main bus stop or where we were but whatever its past. When we discussed upgrading for this trip DH said "anywhere but CBR". Well when we called hoping for POFQ and it wasn't available Caitlin and I chose CBR. When DH came home last night I broke the news to him. His first reaction looked like this then I brought him on here and showed him all the beautiful pics and he looked like this Wow! What a relief! I am now officially excited for our CBR stay!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #44
Disneylove1228
Mouseketeer

Love love love your PTR! Subscribing!

Your plans are so exciting!!

Congrats on getting a job! YAY!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #45
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylove1228 View Post
Love love love your PTR! Subscribing!

Your plans are so exciting!!

Congrats on getting a job! YAY!
Welcome! Glad you're on board! Your wedding pic looks beautiful! I'm going to hop over and take a look at your trippie!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: