Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

::You're going back AGAIN?!? Our February Family Trip! HOUSE update 4/1!!!::

We're back, again!!! For those of you who haven't read my previous trip reports (check out my siggie!), I just very recently finished up our First Anniversary Trip Report, RIGHT before we left for this trip!! When we were getting ready to leave, I heard OVER and OVER, "You're going BACK to Disney????? You were just there!" Yes, we were. My parents and my DH and myself got season passes back in October, so yes, we have gotten our use and money's worth out of them already! And we're not done yet!!

I feel like I've introduced myself over and over, but just in case, I'll do it again!

I'm Hillary, 26 years old, graduate student living in Augusta, Georgia. I'm graduating in May with my Master's in Education, for School Counseling. I'm currently interning as a counselor at a local middle school and I'm just in love with it. I love the people I work with and the kids there. I truly love going to work every day!!

DH-Andy. Also 26 (as of yesterday!), works as a Network Administrator (aka computer geek) for the Department of Energy.

I have been going to Disney since I was like 3, we had season passes a few times when I was in middle/high school, so I grew up in a Disney family. My family had a camper for many years, and again now, so many of my trips were spent at Fort Wilderness Campground. It's "home" to me.

DH had never been to Disney, until May 2007. We went with my parents over Mother's Day weekend to Fort Wilderness, knowing we'd be back in December for our HONEYMOON at Wilderness Lodge!!! Our honeymoon TR is in my siggie! Then, after we got home I began planning our anniversary trip for the following December!! We stayed a week this past December at All Star Sports, Old Key West, and Pop! Before that though, we spent my mom's birthday at Disney, and also went to MNNSHP, a first for us! All great trips. And then we were just there in February, for a random, Fort Wilderness trip!! Lots of fun!!

I mentioned in my previous TR that I did not take a ton of pictures, as usual. We relaxed a good bit, and I just didn't pressure myself to catch everything in pictures. But I still have a good many, and look forward to sharing it all with you again! I love writing these trip reports, and having everyone else enjoy them and read along with me!

And just as a visual, our cast of characters...

Me and DH (from our anniversary trip)

and my parents!

And just on a personal note, as I've written about in my previous TR, DH and I very recently bought a house!! We actually close on it tommorow (Monday) morning! So we've been very busy with that, which is why I'm just now starting this TR, typically I'd have started already! I've been packing all weekend, we don't actually start moving though until Sunday, so I'm about to go crazy with anticipation. So, this will occupy me some! But just wanted to throw that out there, since I probably wont be as fast with the updates as usual!

Thanks for reading in advance! First installment coming next!

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 04-01-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

joining in!
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Just saving my spot! TR away!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 03-09-2009, 05:09 AM   #4
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Wohoooo I'm here! Can't wait to read all about your TR! Good luck ith the closing today.

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
VanniGirl
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to more - comgrats on the house!!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
jess98ac
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

I've read your other TRs, but not sure if I've ever posted!

1986-1996 4 trips all offsite; 1997 All Star Sports; 1999 offsite again; 2001 Disneyland CA; 2002 one day at Epcot; 2003 Westgage Vacation Villas; 2005 offsite (last hooorah has a bachelorette!);2006 Pop Century; 2007 POR; 2009 OKW; 2011 Westgate Vacation Villages; 2013 Sheraton Vistana Resort; 2015 WBC
Old 03-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
lindseynleah
Mouseketeer

I have read you other TR and have to admit I love them!!! I am sooooo looking forward to this one too!!!! Can't wait!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #8
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

I'm in, once again.
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
Old 03-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #9
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Glad I perused the trip report board today and found you! I can't wait for the lastest adventures.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #10
A's Princess
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to reading more!

How do you do it all - school, internship, new house and a fabulous TR?!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
seasideteacher
Mouseketeer

Just found you! Excited to hear more about Disney! (We just closed on our house! it is exciting and crazy! But it is wonderful to have your own (in our case little) home!

Our Birthday Trip!! Celebrating DS turning 4 and DD turning 2!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #12
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
joining in!
YAY! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Just saving my spot! TR away!
thanks for joining in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Wohoooo I'm here! Can't wait to read all about your TR! Good luck ith the closing today.
Thanks Cheryl!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanniGirl View Post
Looking forward to more - comgrats on the house!!
thanks for joining in on the fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess98ac View Post
I'm in!

I've read your other TRs, but not sure if I've ever posted!
yay, I'm always glad to see new readers say hello!!! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseynleah View Post
I have read you other TR and have to admit I love them!!! I am sooooo looking forward to this one too!!!! Can't wait!!!!
aww thanks!!! I love new readers, I'm glad you said hello!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
I'm in, once again.
yay, good to see you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
Glad I perused the trip report board today and found you! I can't wait for the lastest adventures.
I'm glad you found me!!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A's Princess View Post
Looking forward to reading more!

How do you do it all - school, internship, new house and a fabulous TR?!
Thank you! lol, its really not that bad. But I can tell I won't be as fast with this one as I normally am-at least not right away! Thanks for reading though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasideteacher View Post
Just found you! Excited to hear more about Disney! (We just closed on our house! it is exciting and crazy! But it is wonderful to have your own (in our case little) home!
Thanks for joining in!!

I see you have your first trip coming up! I'll have to check out your PTR! How fun!!

And CONGRATULATIONS!!! It IS wonderful, and ours is a little home too, but I love it all the same! Thanks again for reading!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #13
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Thanks SO much for joining in everyone!!! I'm so glad I have interested readers-I'll try not to keep you waiting too long. And actually, I had typed out most of the first installment the other night, and then something happened and it didn't post. I was SO MAD, that's what I get for not typing it in Word first. I just haven't had a chance to re-do it yet!! I will soon, I promise!!

The closing yesterday went fabulous, much faster and easier than I imagined!! I'm SO ready to move now, Sunday morning cannot get here fast enough!! But luckily, I guess, its a BUSY week, I've been busy at work, had a meeting at school last night and then class tommorow night, so this week will fly by, and then we're going to Charleston, SC for a wedding all day Saturday so that will help. I've been packing all evening, our little apartment is beginning to look sad and empty, but at least I'm feeling more accomplished! I still have a loooong way to go, but I'm getting there!!

Thanks again for reading and being patient with me!!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 AM   #14
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Glad the closing went well! Sunday will be here before you know it. Congratulations new home owner!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #15
lindseynleah
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!!!!! Have fun with moving into your new home!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: