Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #31
Geef
A persona of a cartoon

At least they are consistent... The countdouwn calendard was a let down as well! It counted to 0:0:00:00 and then started in negetive numbers!

Oh-Well
Geef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #32
Matt@WDWR
Mouseketeer

At some point you would think people would be fired over things like this.

Matt@WDWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #33
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

There is a conference call this afternoon. I'll report back any info I hear.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #34
Commando2319
Mouseketeer

$850.00 for a pen.

It looks like with this new Are you 23 campaign, Disney is going after two new groups. The insane and the stupid.
Commando2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #35
nedac
Mouseketeer

I am personally looking forward to the 'Australia' themepark, that should be cool.
February 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century
November 2006 - All-Star Movies
May 2000 - Off-site
July 1997 - Off-site
Old 03-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #36
Commando2319
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGMom View Post
What I love about the pen is in the description. I'm thinking "Includes instruction booklet" is going to include the instructions of making sure WDW kisses you afterwards.
Wow. They have instructions for the pen. I take back what I said. It is totally worth $850.00 if they tell me how to use... A PEN.
Commando2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #37
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
Disney obviously doesn't have a clue as to what thier most devoted fans think or what they want. Very disappointing.
Well said.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #38
steve76
Mouseketeer

I would be willing to buy the magazine on its own - $16 from http://disneyshopping.go.com/disney/...http:DSISearch - however they won't ship outside of the US. So the only option for us seems to be to join the club, for $75. Why is it not possible to send a magazine, but is possible to send a magazine plus membership card?!? Hmmm.
steve76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #39
dkostel
Future owner at CRV? VCR? I don't care lets call it Bob as long as it happens!
I have great appreciation for anything that can make me laugh when I'm out in 10 degree weather

So the wrap around women's t-shirts are actually cute, but they say d23 so folks would know you paid $75 for the privilege of paying $25 for the shirt. I think the most telling thing here of how out of touch they are, is that they have "launch day" apparel. Like anyone is sooo excited about this that they would need to wear a shirt announcing that they had to join on day 1
Old 03-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #40
maroo
DIS Veteran

Seems like they are advertising a "community" where you can share all of the things you love about Disney.

Uh...

I think we got one of those already.

For free.

(Pete - Don't get any ideas!)
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #41
Nooshkin
I'll be your best friend if you get me into Club 33 just once!

I just ran this by one of my co-workers who likes Disney and the parks but is not a Disney fanatic, just to get an unbiased opinion. Her first question was, "Do you get a discount on anything when you go to the Parks?"

She pointed out that she supports our area museums and zoos and each of those memberships are roughly the same cost. They each give a newsletter, tickets to special events, a gift such as a pin, t-shirt or a tote bag, just for joining. But the incentive to join for her is the 10% discount in gift shops and restaurants when she visits. I think they really have missed the boat here.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #42
Wvugrrrl
Queen of Snarks

Well, I'm just going to be the first to point out the Emperor has no clothes.

The magazine itself is nice. Not great. But nice. Conceptually, it's a good idea. But seriously, this stuff is kinda terrible. And waaaay overpriced. What's even better? The super-overpriced stuff (like the $800 pen) aren't even D23 exclusive - they're just under the banner of "Walt Disney Signature Collection." I'm just so underwhelmed - and I can't imagine what Disney's thinking - especially in this economy! Really, a Polo with 23 stitched on it? (Which again, isn't D23-member exclusive). They may as well have printed shirts that say, "Are You An Idiot?." Furthermore, I'm kind of disgusted with the whole, "D23 is "The Official Community for Disney Fans" — the first of its kind in the Company's 85-year history." It seems to me like kind of a slap in the face for already-established communities like the Passporter, DIS, All-Ears, etc that have worked very hard to bring together groups of people that share the same love for Disney. And by the way, they don't have to CHARGE for it. To me, D23 is kind of like having to buy your friends. Speaking of which, for a so-called online community, where's the message boards?

I'd rather they released 23 movies on Blu-Ray. BTW, did anyone ACTUALLY get a notification email? Neither DH nor I did. I'm glad that was just a ploy for Disney to get me to sign up to their emailing list. I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of spam from them in the future. Ugh. I'm just so disgusted right now.

Wvugrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #43
MovienutNiffer
Here's looking at you kid.

I am quite dissapointed. They really aren't giving you enough for your money. Just more opportunities to spend more money. If they included coupons or discounts to the parks on both coasts or Disney store coupons it might be worth it. But this is a bit dissapointing!

You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by.

MovienutNiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #44
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvugrrrl View Post
Well, I'm just going to be the first to point out the Emperor has no clothes.

The magazine itself is nice. Not great. But nice. Conceptually, it's a good idea. But seriously, this stuff is kinda terrible. And waaaay overpriced. What's even better? The super-overpriced stuff (like the $800 pen) aren't even D23 exclusive - they're just under the banner of "Walt Disney Signature Collection." I'm just so underwhelmed - and I can't imagine what Disney's thinking - especially in this economy! Really, a Polo with 23 stitched on it? (Which again, isn't D23-member exclusive). They may as well have printed shirts that say, "Are You An Idiot?." Furthermore, I'm kind of disgusted with the whole, "D23 is "The Official Community for Disney Fans" — the first of its kind in the Company's 85-year history." It seems to me like kind of a slap in the face for already-established communities like the Passporter, DIS, All-Ears, etc that have worked very hard to bring together groups of people that share the same love for Disney. And by the way, they don't have to CHARGE for it. To me, D23 is kind of like having to buy your friends. Speaking of which, for a so-called online community, where's the message boards?

I'd rather they released 23 movies on Blu-Ray. BTW, did anyone ACTUALLY get a notification email? Neither DH nor I did. I'm glad that was just a ploy for Disney to get me to sign up to their emailing list. I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of spam from them in the future. Ugh. I'm just so disgusted right now.
This cracked me up!

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #45
newmouse2008
Bigger is not always better
In my next life, I'm coming back as a man. I need the restExercise Exercise, Red Panties, Red Panties

I am on hold now with the conference call. Disney music while you wait for I don't know what.
newmouse2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: