Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #16
mandymommy4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
That might be true but Disney might get the idea that we are happy with this little package when we know it could have been so much better.
I agree.... I was being sarcastic about it basically being a magazine subscription with "membership card and certificate"!

I think the whole thing is crap (sorry for those of you that are charter members) ..... i am not a collector so the magazine and limited edition "stuff" for me to spend more money on is not my idea of a fan club!

I would have paid a small fee that allowed me discounts........ Kinda like the DDE (Tables in Wonderland.... whatevah) but this is just insulting IMHO!
mandymommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:59 AM   #17
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartTink04 View Post
Seriously, that pen has to be a joke!!!!!

I just don't see a reason for charging that much!
What I love about the pen is in the description. I'm thinking "Includes instruction booklet" is going to include the instructions of making sure WDW kisses you afterwards.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #18
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymommy4 View Post
I agree.... I was being sarcastic about it basically being a magazine subscription with "membership card and certificate"!

I think the whole thing is crap (sorry for those of you that are charter members) ..... i am not a collector so the magazine and limited edition "stuff" for me to spend more money on is not my idea of a fan club!

I would have paid a small fee that allowed me discounts........ Kinda like the DDE (Tables in Wonderland.... whatevah) but this is just insulting IMHO!
I thought so but I don't want to step on anyones toes hear, just in case, we are a tight little family here on the podcast board! I agree with all that you said, this is just pretty lame. Can't wait to hear what Pete and Kathy have to say, Kathy has had some pretty good mini rants.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #19
mandymommy4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
I thought so but I don't want to step on anyones toes hear, just in case, we are a tight little family here on the podcast board! I agree with all that you said, this is just pretty lame. Can't wait to hear what Pete and Kathy have to say, Kathy has had some pretty good mini rants.
YES! I cant wait for PETE rant!

I hope he is not too relaxed from the cruise to give us a good rant!
mandymommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #20
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

Old 03-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #21
Stevegriswold

Smile 23 club

I was up at midnight going to disney.com/23 and disney.com/d23 since that is the site they have been talking about forever. The page is blank and at midnight nothing new. I still could not find any info about the promo until I came here.

I paid $20k to join DVC and pay $1k every year in dues. So I figure I am already in the most expensive Disney Club there is and would like to see some additional benefits for DVC members instead of this.
Stevegriswold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #22
BellaOfTheWorld
Mouseketeer

I'm going to reserve judgement on d23 until we get more info. What would make a big difference in the value of membership is what's included in the 4 day event going on in Disneyland...if there is a lot of stuff included in that, then the $75 might be mrs than worth it...if you can Make it to DL, of course.

And supposedly, the magazine (4 issues) is more like a coffee table book than a flimsy magazine.

And also little things like the pen help justify the cost - a little - depending on what all else will actually be offered.

Generally, I think it's ok...especially if you're going to the DL event.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #23
luke
Señor Mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymommy4 View Post
YES! I cant wait for PETE rant!
As his Facebook status has just said, "R U kidding me!!"

Like you I hope he's not too chilled from his day on Castaway Cay to give us a classic rant

luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #24
KristinU
DIS Veteran

I feel like I did one morning almost 6 years ago at DL...when they had left a message about a "special announcement and celebration" happening before the park opened. We trotted ourselves out there at o'dark-thirty to watch them announce the Disney credit card - wah wah wah wah. DH and I looked at each other and said "don't forget to drink your Ovaltine...a lousy commercial!" What a let down this D23 thing is.

And I agree that the pen has GOT to be a joke, or a typo or something!!! At $49.95 it would be overpriced, IMHO.

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #25
kafitty
yep, that almost sent snot flying out of my nose

Seriously? This is it??

i just don't understand how Disney is so out of touch with their core fanbase...it's not like we're in hiding or anything.

ITA that this should be something offered to AP holders or DVC members.
Or, why doesn't Disney do something like the cruiselines, where you get certain perks after so many stays on property? That's actually a pretty good idea, if i do say so myself, lol.

can't wait to hear Pete ranting about this one.

"I believe in naps."
kafitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #26
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Disney obviously doesn't have a clue as to what thier most devoted fans think or what they want. Very disappointing.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #27
wishspirit
When you wish upon a star!
I am a shy girl who loves to laugh!
Im just greedy i suppose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaOfTheWorld View Post
I'm going to reserve judgement on d23 until we get more info. What would make a big difference in the value of membership is what's included in the 4 day event going on in Disneyland...if there is a lot of stuff included in that, then the $75 might be mrs than worth it...if you can Make it to DL, of course.

And supposedly, the magazine (4 issues) is more like a coffee table book than a flimsy magazine.

And also little things like the pen help justify the cost - a little - depending on what all else will actually be offered.

Generally, I think it's ok...especially if you're going to the DL event.
If you buy the membership, you don't get to go to the conference, you get reduced price tickets, big difference.

Just another way of getting people into the parks IMHO

wishspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #28
Geef
A persona of a cartoon

7 mins 9 secs and counting
Geef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #29
Matt@WDWR
Mouseketeer

Typical Disney arrogance.How about a club where I have the privilege of buying exclusive reasonably priced merchandise? I can overspend on Disney crap everywhere on property. This, fellow Disney fans, is exactly what the Disney corporation thinks of you.

Matt@WDWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #30
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishspirit View Post
If you buy the membership, you don't get to go to the conference, you get reduced price tickets, big difference.

Just another way of getting people into the parks IMHO
And an insulting discount at that, all things considering....
How much will the Expo cost?

General Admission: Adult 1-day $37 Child 1-day $27 Child 4-day $81 (4th day free) D23 Member Admission (D23 members may purchase up to four discounted tickets per membership): Adult 1-day $30 Adult 4-day $90 (4th day free) Child 1-day $22 Child 4-day $66 (4th day free)

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Disneybridein2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: