Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #526
UpNorthG'ma
Earning My Ears

I love this thread!!

My Mom and I are staying at POR next month and I have been enjoying looking at everyone's wonderful pictures!! Can't wait to take my own!!
UpNorthG'ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #527
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Could I ask if the folks who are going to POR imminently [not jealous, honest...] could maybe pop back here when they return to update us? Or the main POR FAQ Thread. Things like info on the main pool and/or possible Alligator Bayou pool closures, the Boatwright's breakfast situation, and especially whether Disney have temporarily closed some of the accommodation buildings during this quiet period (and which ones).

Many thanks, and have a great time!

Andre
I'm so very sorry on my tardy return to the thread...I found you after looking for a bit. Ok...'Ol Man Island was closed when we arrived on 2/11...and would stay closed throughout most of March (did not get an exact date). None of the buildings were closed that I could see...seemed quite busy actually. Boatwright's WILL NO LONGER serve breakfast as of 2/21...however, I was assured that the sweet potato cakes will find their way to another restaurant SOME WHERE on property, but our server did not know where. POFQ pool was open to use if we so desired a bigger pool, however, our room was within shouting distance of the quiet pool:

Which was, very quiet indeed. I only wish I'd gotten to actually USE it. But it was a great view. The service was second to none...all the CMs were fabulous and there was no change in the way the CMs did their jobs. Check in was absolutely packed the Wednesday we arrived...one of the longest lines we stayed in all week. Probably took us a half hour or more to get to the front. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this resort! And now...on to the pictures!

Looking from Alligator Bayou over to the mansions early morning.

Lobby

Adults only, 40th birthday trip for my sis Oct 2013
pixiefairy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #528
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

Con't from previous post:
Interior of Boatwright's at earliest breakfast that was available. It does get quite busy at dinner, however.

That's all I have on photobucket right now...but I do have more. I also have the inside of our room, if you'd like to see that.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #529
PlanoJessie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefairy View Post
I'm so very sorry on my tardy return to the thread...I found you after looking for a bit. Ok...'Ol Man Island was closed when we arrived on 2/11...and would stay closed throughout most of March (did not get an exact date). None of the buildings were closed that I could see...seemed quite busy actually. Boatwright's WILL NO LONGER serve breakfast as of 2/21...however, I was assured that the sweet potato cakes will find their way to another restaurant SOME WHERE on property, but our server did not know where. POFQ pool was open to use if we so desired a bigger pool, however, our room was within shouting distance of the quiet pool:

Which was, very quiet indeed. I only wish I'd gotten to actually USE it. But it was a great view. The service was second to none...all the CMs were fabulous and there was no change in the way the CMs did their jobs. Check in was absolutely packed the Wednesday we arrived...one of the longest lines we stayed in all week. Probably took us a half hour or more to get to the front. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this resort! And now...on to the pictures!

Looking from Alligator Bayou over to the mansions early morning.

Lobby
Pixiefairy, Thanks for posting the latest info!! We are leaving in about week to POR. !! Do you know if the main pool is the only pool that has slides? And if any, or all of the pool are heated?
PlanoJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #530
klmorg
Disney Fanatic

Ole Man Island Pool ???

We will be arriving on March 28th. Does anyone know if the pool will be ropened by then?

klmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #531
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoJessie View Post
Pixiefairy, Thanks for posting the latest info!! We are leaving in about week to POR. !! Do you know if the main pool is the only pool that has slides? And if any, or all of the pool are heated?
'Ol Man Island is the only one with a slide...the other five pools are unthemed quiet pools. I believe that the pool is heated, although I cannot find any direct info. Most of the pools are, though. There is also a hot tub on 'Ol Man Island...which i didn't know...since I couldn't see in..lol.

Have fun..take lots of pictures and I'm totally jealous!

Old 03-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #532
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmorg View Post
We will be arriving on March 28th. Does anyone know if the pool will be ropened by then?
I've seen that it was supposed to reopen February 28th...not sure if it has or not. The other date I saw was March 5th. As long as all their refurb repairs went along on schedule, it should be reopened by then. Have a great time!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #533
sjms71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmorg View Post
I leave tomorrow for POR. On another thread someone said they had just returned on 3/2 and pool WAS open.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #534
Lilmattie13
Mouseketeer

All reports I have heard is that it is open. It was on another link and mousesavers newsletter reported it was re opened.

We leave on the 14th so I was worried too...

Sounds like we will be in the clear. Enjoy your trip I do hope the weather is warmer than its been the past few weeks down there.
:
1997 Off Property, 1st visit *1999 All Star Sports*2001 off Property*2002 Off Property*2005 CBR*2006 DISNEYLAND Disney hotel*2007 POR *2008 Doubletree DTD*2008 SEPT GF *2009 Mar POR.* 2009 Sept POLY *2010 June SWAN*2010 Sept Yacht club*AKL Kidani Nov 2010*PoP June 2011*GF Sept 2011*HGVC Sea World Nov 2011
Lilmattie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:35 AM   #535
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefairy View Post
.jpg[/IMG]
GREAT photos, thanks!! 8 weeks today I will be sitting on the plane heading here! Yey!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Pooh's-Honey-Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:56 AM   #536
klmorg
Disney Fanatic

Thanks everyone! I saw the other thread that reported the pool open too!! I also hope the weather warms up in the next few weeks! We are very excited to be staying at POR for the first time! I have been to WDW well over 20 times and stayed onsite, (all Bay Lake resorts), 4 times. This will be a change for us!!

klmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #537
PlanoJessie
Earning My Ears

We will be there the same time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmattie13 View Post
All reports I have heard is that it is open. It was on another link and mousesavers newsletter reported it was re opened.

We leave on the 14th so I was worried too...

Sounds like we will be in the clear. Enjoy your trip I do hope the weather is warmer than its been the past few weeks down there.
Lilmattie13, we are arriving on the 14th too...Wow, hope to see you there! We will be there for 5 nights and then on the Wonder 3 nights cruise from 19th on.

So glad to hear the pool is open!! I am prepared for the cool weather by buying my boys pricy wetsuits, so I would be really disappointed if we don't have the main pool!! Yeah!!
PlanoJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #538
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

So glad to see the new photos! We only got to spend a few hours visiting POR last week - I really miss it there! It even smells better than other resorts!

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #539
JLL1970
Earning My Ears

All these photos are great! Certainly getting me excited for our 1st stay!
10 days to go!!!!

DS 15
DD 13
JLL1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #540
monami7
DIS Veteran

We will be there in 12 days! We may run into each other!
I am really getting excited!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: