Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #346
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Hey---if we ever plan on heading up to KI, I will definitely let you all know!!! Megan would love to have someone show her around!!!

I am such a regular snooper at our Disney store---hey, you never know when they are going to run a good sale---that if I am ever in there and there is great sale going on, I will be sure to let you know!!!

BTW--the Father/Daughter pictures are up now on my Facebook page!!!
So cute! Love them Jen... for sure let me know about any grand sales! We might have to take a drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
I love the puzzle I want one
I am sure they can be found on EBAY- can't everything?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #347
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Planning limbo. That is what these weeks are as I wait to make my ADRs. I feel that until I have those wonderful Confirmation numbers I can't go much farther.

Here are some of my worries!

Being on hold forever.... enough said! My ADR day is a school day, and a morning that I work! I plan to get up early.... get ready and then be on the phone ASAP!

Not getting LeCellier for dinner. Right now I have two/three nights it could be, but I would really like our EPCOT day. Plus I am afraid of a late ADR too!

No Crystal Palace Breakfast at 8-- I want it early, so that we can be done when the park opens. To be honest I have three possible days to play around with, but I would love it for day one of MK! Personally this is my # 1 want... I am really excited to go into the park before it opens!

Cinderella's Royal Table- am I safe to say that we should not have too much trouble getting a lunch ADR there. I am flexible on time, but really want it to be on our anniversary!

Fantasmic Dinner package--- there is one night I want this on. Time is fine, but then I question will we really go if we have to go hours ahead? I am kinda weakening my Fantasmic plans. I have already decided to try for the reservations on a day that we won't be at HS!

Also in the mix are Chef Mickey's for dinner and no real decision on our final ADR.... I know what is my problem?

Possible locations: Whispering Canyon, Kona, Wolfgang Puck,Big River Bar and Grille, Coral Reef (this is a late addition to my thoughts).

Register to remove

Old 03-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #348
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Laura, I hope they get some of the kinks out of the system by the time you call, I was on hold for over 3 hours this past Sunday morning!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #349
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Planning limbo. That is what these weeks are as I wait to make my ADRs. I feel that until I have those wonderful Confirmation numbers I can't go much farther.

Here are some of my worries!

Being on hold forever.... enough said! My ADR day is a school day, and a morning that I work! I plan to get up early.... get ready and then be on the phone ASAP!

Not getting LeCellier for dinner. Right now I have two/three nights it could be, but I would really like our EPCOT day. Plus I am afraid of a late ADR too!

No Crystal Palace Breakfast at 8-- I want it early, so that we can be done when the park opens. To be honest I have three possible days to play around with, but I would love it for day one of MK! Personally this is my # 1 want... I am really excited to go into the park before it opens!

Cinderella's Royal Table- am I safe to say that we should not have too much trouble getting a lunch ADR there. I am flexible on time, but really want it to be on our anniversary!

Fantasmic Dinner package--- there is one night I want this on. Time is fine, but then I question will we really go if we have to go hours ahead? I am kinda weakening my Fantasmic plans. I have already decided to try for the reservations on a day that we won't be at HS!

Also in the mix are Chef Mickey's for dinner and no real decision on our final ADR.... I know what is my problem?

Possible locations: Whispering Canyon, Kona, Wolfgang Puck,Big River Bar and Grille, Coral Reef (this is a late addition to my thoughts).

OH I think we all share these woes!!! I am really nervous too! Hopefully things will get sorted out. I do hope you get your first choices... It is good that you have backup plans! I do to...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Old 03-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #350
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I had to call for our Thanksgiving ADRs on a school morning, too, and I was stressing about it a little, but I got it all done before the kids arrived. I sure hope it works well for you. If they've got people on the phone for three hours, that's some pretty big kinks they need to work out!!!

Trent would pick Whispering Canyon for a meal.
I've never been to Kona, but I have pretty much heard only good things about it. I'm thinking of making it one of our all-family meals this summer.
The only two we know for sure we want are Whispering Canyon and Teppan Edo. We've got quite a while to think about it.

Good luck on your decisions and on getting what you'd like.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #351
moparop
DIS Veteran

Of your list of choices: I'd rank them: Kona, Wolfgang Puck, Coral Reef, Whispering Canyon. I've never been to Big River so I am leaving it off my list. Of course, even with Whispering Canyon down on the list, I still love it. I just don't think I want to go back until my kids really would get into the antics.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #352
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hey, Laura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

Boy, do we think alike!

This is what I do on ADR Morning:

1) Pre-set every phone (land and cell) with the WDW Dining # on speed dial.

2) I enlist the help of DH and at exactly thirty seconds before nine (or whenever they are open), we start dialing on all the phones (four).

As soon as we get a reservationist, we just hang up the other three phones. I'm not sure if I'm correct, but somehow I feel it quadruples our chances of getting "in" somebody's call rotation quickly!

I would ask for the most important ADR (CP breakfast) first, then request the next in order of importance. (There's nothing that says you need to schedule them all in calendar order.) Every micro-second you can shave off will decrease the chances of some other reservationist giving that ADR date/time to someone else!

I know, I know. It's a bit anal, but it has always worked for me!

Kathy
Old 03-05-2009, 03:54 AM   #353
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, Laura! I know how you feel! I am excited yet stressed about calling Sunday morning! Hopefully we are both worrying needlessly!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 AM   #354
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

I feel the same way about Fantasmic Laura! I LOVE it but I am not willing to battle a ton of people to see it and without a F! dining package and not having 2 shows a night it will be a ZOO!! If it works out great, if not there is always next time! I think you will get a CP ressie and it is great that you have a plan B!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #355
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I always have those same fears! I always worry about CP because that is a special one for us.

As for the undecided day, we did Coral Reef in May and loved it! The big tank is so great, but it is a little dark in there. We have also ate at Wolfgangs and the food was so good there! That is still one of our favorites.

We haven't stayed for Fantasmic. DH doesn't really seem interested and I don't think DD would be into it yet.

Drea, DH, DD 6 y.o., DS 4 y.o.

October 2007-POFQ,May 2008- Wilderness Lodge,November 2008 - Free Dining @ POP,October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort, May 2010 - Pop Century, November/December 2010 - CBR,, Leap Year Trip!-POP!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:17 AM   #356
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Man, it sounds like the ADR system has been crazy lately---I can't believe some of the wait times!!! It stresses me out already!!!!! I too want one of those coveted 8am CP ressies---I am crossing everything that you get yours, and hopefully I will get mine too!!!! GOOD LUCK!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 03-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #357
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i don't know if you've been over there but i posted videos to fantasmic on my TR. it might help you make your mind up if you want to take the girls to it or not.

my vote is for kona!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #358
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I am sure everything will work out fine. I know how nervewracking it is though waiting to see if you can get everything you want.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #359
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Laura, I hope they get some of the kinks out of the system by the time you call, I was on hold for over 3 hours this past Sunday morning!
I cannot even imagine.... I am not going to be able to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
OH I think we all share these woes!!! I am really nervous too! Hopefully things will get sorted out. I do hope you get your first choices... It is good that you have backup plans! I do to...
I feel like I can be flexible on days and somewhat on times, so that should be to my advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I had to call for our Thanksgiving ADRs on a school morning, too, and I was stressing about it a little, but I got it all done before the kids arrived. I sure hope it works well for you. If they've got people on the phone for three hours, that's some pretty big kinks they need to work out!!!

Trent would pick Whispering Canyon for a meal.
I've never been to Kona, but I have pretty much heard only good things about it. I'm thinking of making it one of our all-family meals this summer.
The only two we know for sure we want are Whispering Canyon and Teppan Edo. We've got quite a while to think about it.

Good luck on your decisions and on getting what you'd like.
I think I am printing menus later today and having my parents and DH decide. I have decided enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
Of your list of choices: I'd rank them: Kona, Wolfgang Puck, Coral Reef, Whispering Canyon. I've never been to Big River so I am leaving it off my list. Of course, even with Whispering Canyon down on the list, I still love it. I just don't think I want to go back until my kids really would get into the antics.

Thanks... that is kinda my own list's order too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Boy, do we think alike!

This is what I do on ADR Morning:

1) Pre-set every phone (land and cell) with the WDW Dining # on speed dial.

2) I enlist the help of DH and at exactly thirty seconds before nine (or whenever they are open), we start dialing on all the phones (four).

As soon as we get a reservationist, we just hang up the other three phones. I'm not sure if I'm correct, but somehow I feel it quadruples our chances of getting "in" somebody's call rotation quickly!

I would ask for the most important ADR (CP breakfast) first, then request the next in order of importance. (There's nothing that says you need to schedule them all in calendar order.) Every micro-second you can shave off will decrease the chances of some other reservationist giving that ADR date/time to someone else!

I know, I know. It's a bit anal, but it has always worked for me!

Kathy
That is so funny- I totally will do in order of importance too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, Laura! I know how you feel! I am excited yet stressed about calling Sunday morning! Hopefully we are both worrying needlessly!
I will be thinking about you Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
I feel the same way about Fantasmic Laura! I LOVE it but I am not willing to battle a ton of people to see it and without a F! dining package and not having 2 shows a night it will be a ZOO!! If it works out great, if not there is always next time! I think you will get a CP ressie and it is great that you have a plan B!

I am not sure about Fantasmic anymore.. I am starting to waver. That means I have to pick another ADR then too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I always have those same fears! I always worry about CP because that is a special one for us.

As for the undecided day, we did Coral Reef in May and loved it! The big tank is so great, but it is a little dark in there. We have also ate at Wolfgangs and the food was so good there! That is still one of our favorites.

We haven't stayed for Fantasmic. DH doesn't really seem interested and I don't think DD would be into it yet.
I think Coral Reef is a good deal for the dining plan too, so that is why it is creeping back on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Man, it sounds like the ADR system has been crazy lately---I can't believe some of the wait times!!! It stresses me out already!!!!! I too want one of those coveted 8am CP ressies---I am crossing everything that you get yours, and hopefully I will get mine too!!!! GOOD LUCK!
Thanks Jen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i don't know if you've been over there but i posted videos to fantasmic on my TR. it might help you make your mind up if you want to take the girls to it or not.

my vote is for kona!
I love your video... I want to see it, but not at the risk of going to crazy to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I am sure everything will work out fine. I know how nervewracking it is though waiting to see if you can get everything you want.
Thanks!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #360
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Good luck with those ADRs. I get butterflies whenever I start to think about calling. We want an 8:00 CP also, but on the last day of our trip. I'm hoping the 90+6 will help a little. We loved Fantasmic but didn't have too many crowds to battle. If we don't get the MM package, we'll have to play it by ear.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: