Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
gwtw428
Mouseketeer

How much beer/wine/soda can I bring onboard?

Hi, just wondering how much beer/wine/soda and liquor can I bring on board? And does it have to be in a soft sided cooler? or can I pack in luggage? We are staying at DIsney for a few days before 7 night cruise so we will be stopping to buy supplies for thecruise. I was actually thinking about buying a cheap luggage and filling it with drinks and snacks. How many luggage is allowed per person and is there a weight limit per bag?

Thanks!
gwtw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

You can bring as much as you care to -- with some requirements:
1) cannot be packed into bags you are not carrying on board on your persons.
2) must be in a soft side cooler/bag/suitcase that will fit in the xray machine as you enter the terminal.

HTH

DVCconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

How much do you want to carry? You can bring as much as you want, but it can't be in your checked luggage. You will be responsible for your carry ons till at least 1:30 when you can get to your stateroom....so remember little things like wheels!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

You may find you don't drink as much as you'd normally bring! We packed our large softsided cooler full and never touched the beer and wine coolers - just too much eating, we were always full! (and, always on the go, so consider how much time you think you'll be in your cabin). Also, soda is free up on Deck 9 (10? I'm losing count!).

Bottled water is also a good choice to bring on board; we did use that!

Have a great trip!
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
minie_meese
DIS Veteran

We picked up wine and hard liquor at liquor store near the port and carried it on in a wine box. It was a bit heavy so as a previous poster indicated wheels would help unless you are willing to carry your package around until 1:30. We parked ourselves at a table on deck 9 until 1:30. Next time I will probably just get the hard liquor. It did save us a bundle and was nice to have in our room.

We found it odd when we went through security at the port that there was a sign by the scanner that said "No firearms or alcohol". I asked the guard who checked our box of alcohol and he laughed and said he found it odd too.

For water we brought our refillable bottles for shore excursions. We're not ones to bother with bottled water unless the water tastes bad (like in Orlando) or is known to be not something to drink because of contaminants (like in a country with questionable water purification). We found the water on the ship to be quite fine.

Our next trips - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Boarwalk - 3/4-3/10, and Norway and Iceland on the Wonder 6/29-7/10/15
minie_meese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
sewallmom
Earning My Ears

LEts deepen the question shall we ....

This is my second cruise on DCL and I didn't get to see a whole lot because I had my 6 yr old pulling me in 10 different directions.

I remember the soda station but I never really used it much except for ice. Is there any juice in the soda stations (i.e cranberry-OJ-pineapple). If so that would definitely save me time and money. I could just put a couple of shots of rum in my travel mug and bring it up to deck 9 and get ice and juice for it!!

Crossing my fingers
sewallmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You can get juices from room service 24/7....apple, orange, pineapple, etc.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF DISNEY LOVER
Mom to 2 beautiful young ladies
SIGNS TO OLDIES ON THE RADIO

This was 2002, but I had packed my sodas in a soft sided rolling suitcase and the porter took it from me with my other luggage and it was in my room when I arrived. I did not fly though and that could have been why I had no problem. Also the porter took as much as possible as my husband had to push me in my wheelchair.

Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF Disney Lover
Talking Hands is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: