Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #406
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am so glad that I waited to enjoy this update on parent conference night. Oh, Nobby got you back, that's for sure! I must confess that I adore it's a small world -- I even have the song on my ipod (parts of it are in French) -- but I understand that it grates on people's nerves. I am glad that you are aware of what thrarwted (spelling?) gnomes can do -- you don't want to end up promising your first-born to him or anything.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:27 PM   #407
faerieprincess
on the threshold of revelation

IASW TWICE? Holy crap.

Great update though

How do we love Disney? Let me count the ways! (Completed February 2009 TR)
A foolish promise finally kept - the PTR (Completed February 2009 PTR)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #408
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAMWDW View Post
Great update Jen! I was picturing myself on Snow White right as I was reading! Sigh!
Awww...that ride is always so cute!! I love the ending LOL!! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
Nobby is such a PLAYA!!
YES he is!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I am so glad that I waited to enjoy this update on parent conference night. Oh, Nobby got you back, that's for sure! I must confess that I adore it's a small world -- I even have the song on my ipod (parts of it are in French) -- but I understand that it grates on people's nerves. I am glad that you are aware of what thrarwted (spelling?) gnomes can do -- you don't want to end up promising your first-born to him or anything.
Wow...could you imagine what I would have to name that poor child LOL!!! Good thing I kept the peace !!! Hope you had a good day and I'm wishing you a most relaxing weekend!!!!

Well I love the ride, I think its great! The music well...to each their own right LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerieprincess View Post
IASW TWICE? Holy crap.

Great update though
Awww thanks for stopping by!! Yes IASW twice I don't think I will ever do that again...at least not back to back LOL

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 02-23-2009, 06:57 AM   #409
MEK
DIS Veteran

What the heck????? What happened to this TR?????

More, please, more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #410
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What the heck????? What happened to this TR?????

More, please, more!
Well I went out of town for the weekend it what happened...usually I'm good for one week update and one weekend update!!! I'm going to hopefully have a post for you by the morning LOL!! Sorry I'm still recovering from my retreat!!!! LOL!!!! More will be coming soon!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 02-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #411
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Well I went out of town for the weekend it what happened...usually I'm good for one week update and one weekend update!!! I'm going to hopefully have a post for you by the morning LOL!! Sorry I'm still recovering from my retreat!!!! LOL!!!! More will be coming soon!
Thank goodness you were just gone for a retreat. When I checked in this morning I fully expected another 10 pages. I was in shock to find 2/19 as the last update. I got nervous!

Hope you had a great time on your retreat, but now it is time for you to get back to work!!!!!!

Can't wait for more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #412
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thank goodness you were just gone for a retreat. When I checked in this morning I fully expected another 10 pages. I was in shock to find 2/19 as the last update. I got nervous!

Hope you had a great time on your retreat, but now it is time for you to get back to work!!!!!!

Can't wait for more!
I heart you MEK!! You will give me all the motivation I need to finish this trip report right up...cuz if I don't I'm afraid you might find out where I live!!
I have downloaded the pics for the next update to photobucket so I just have to sit and type and get it up LOL!! Which will happen very very soon!!!

Old 02-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #413
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a nice weekend Jen....do you hear the music soft in the background.... its a small world after all.....its a small world after all... sorry... couldn't resist...

Old 02-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #414
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I heart you MEK!! You will give me all the motivation I need to finish this trip report right up...cuz if I don't I'm afraid you might find out where I live!!
Oh you better believe it - I'll come to that Ol' Panhandle of Florida just to find you! Of course, LL has Nobby now, so I can't hold him for ransome!

Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #415
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Will my Glasses Survive BTMRR ?

Hello my friends!! I hope each of you is having a glorious week! I apologize for the delay in my trip report! I went away this weekend to a ladies’ retreat and it threw off my entire schedule. I try to update at least once during the week and once during the weekend and well I was gone most of the weekend so it got me all in a tizzy!! So I apologize for the wait but I hope you will find it to be worth it. BTW, I had a great time at my retreat and it was a really nice time to relax. I won Phase 10 for the first time ever, before that I wanted to do dastardly things to my eyes with forks instead of playing that game. I also won gift certificates to Olive Garden and I’m hoping Prince Phillip has had a good day and will want to use them for dinner tonight. I am a big fan of their soup and salad and I really want to try their bruschetta, it’s my new thing LOL!! Alright enough of my rambling and back to Day 2, after Fantasyland!

So after riding It’s A Small World twice in a row I needed some serious detox. So it was time to leave Fantasyland ASAP. I placed Nobby in his carrying case promising him that I would get him out during our next ride. It was off to Liberty Square and then I saw it…my Haunted Mansion. Yes, I said mine, I choose to believe that the Haunted Mansion is there for me and only me LOL…okay not really but I do love that ride something fierce and if they ever let I’m moving in. Well I really wanted to ride Haunted Mansion but I noticed down the road towards Frontierland there was a little party going on and I wanted to check it out.

I needed musical therapy and nothing will get IASW out of your head faster than some good bluegrass, country music. Besides I saw characters and well we know how I get when I see characters.

Square dancers were out in full force and they were grabbing people from the side to dance with them. It was great to see all the little ones getting involved and dancing and having a great ole time. Even some of the characters were out and dancing with the children. It just made me smile and tap my foot right along with them. I even let Nobby out to do a little doe-see-doe! I took another picture of the Brer Rabbit before heading on down the road to check out the wait for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

As I headed towards Big Thunder Mountain I noticed that Splash Mountain was indeed under refurbishment.

I for one didn’t mind missing out on this ride, because it was only in the 50’s maybe lower 60’s that day and there would have been no way you would have gotten me on that ride. I don’t care if they do turn down the sprays of water and what not. NO way was I getting on a ride where I could get wet on that very cold day! Although I did have to appreciate how beautiful that mountain looked that morning, even with no water it was a fantastic site to behold.

Finally Nobby and I reached our destination of BTMRR.

As you can see the wait was only a few minutes. So I grabbed a FP incase I would want to ride later (I wouldn’t LOL) and I hopped into the line. I have to totally give Disney Kudos because they have some of the best queue areas around. I just love some of the amazing things you can see in the queues around the Disney property.

The famous Lytum and Hyde box of dynamite!! You got to love the puns too. I mean if you enjoy a good pun check out the Jungle Cruise line too, it’s great! In case you were wondering if you are going to light a stick of dynamite it is always good practice to drop it and run and hide, you don’t want to be anywhere near the boom. We all have seen the Wile E. Coyote cartoons haven’t we LOL (oh wait am I allowed to mention them during a Disney Trip report LOL).

Of course for my dear friend LL I became a light fixture picture fiend (wow, say that fast a few times LOL). I really like the light post one the best with the background it just looks so beautiful. I have to say it’s a bit scary when I realize that some of my best pictures taken on this trip were of lights.

Finally it was Nobby and I’s turn to board our railroad cart and away we went. I really do enjoy this ride. I really like the little mining town and the animals. I wish I had thought about keeping my camera out although I’m positive I wouldn’t have gotten any good photos and most likely would have lost my camera. Besides I was too worried about losing my glasses so I was making sure they were staying on my head!!! All too soon the ride was over and we deposited back at the end of Frontierland and yes my glasses did survive WHOOHOO!!! Now having properly removed IASW from head…I could head to the epitome of all rides…oh yes my friends I had a date, a date with a doombuggie and this was one date I was not going to be late for! (I usually run late to everything unless of course I'm in Disney and then I manage to be 30 minutes early to everything its amazing how that works LOL)

Will they let me stay in the Haunted Mansion? How much trouble can you really get into if you try to sneak off a doombuggie? Will I finally remember to take a photo of the famous pet cemetary. Does the Haunted Mansion have light fixtures? You know you're just "dying" to find out all these answers...LOL I kill me LOL another pun LOL...man alright I'll stop now! Guess you'll find out next time...you knew a whole entire update would have to be devoted to the Haunted Mansion I mean its MY ride after all!!

Last edited by jenjolt; 02-24-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #416
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear!!!! How cool that they were out and about!!! I would love a picture with them one day!!!

There's a mining town on Big Thunder??? I have never seen it since I always close my eyes up real tight when riding it.

The Haunted Mansion is my favorite, too -- Connor's too -- we do love hanging out with those mischievious spirits!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #417
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Lytum and Hyde... oh gosh I love it!! I'm glad you love BTMR too!! We always keep our camera with us on the ride (double looping the cord around my wrist first of course) because Dbf likes to make faces on the ride and some of them are way too priceless for me to miss! SO excited for you to ride HM!!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #418
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Lytum and Hyde...

I've never seen that before. I tend to run through the lines and not take the time to notice things!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #419
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Quote:
The famous Lytum and Hyde box of dynamite!! You got to love the puns too.
I just picked up on that joke... after I read it 4 times.

That was my funny of the day! I love corny puns!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 02-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #420
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I cannot wait to read your Haunted Mansion chapter.

Write, girl, WRITE!!!!

In all seriousness, I'm still enjoying this trip report so much. Maybe someday I'll try the solo thing, it just seems like you are having a great time. And I must admit, even though I am a big ole scaredy cat, I have been on BTMRR. One time at night too, and that was fun. I think actually better than daylight because you're less cognizant of where you're going. Thanks for the great pictures, it brings back some memories for me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: