Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #256
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, I do hope that June hours get released next weekend. That would be fantastic!

Looking forward to reading about your random trip plans!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #257
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I can't wait to get updated on your trip!

Our neighbors leave tonight for a week in the World. They are staying off-site though . When I started explaining EMH, Dining Plan, and all the different resorts they were regretting not staying onsite. I had to reign it in a little, didn't want my Disney Freak Flag to fly too high!

They did say "You know a lot about Disney World." I was thinking they had no idea!!
I get the same thing! LOL I have to reign in my enthusiam too...but it sure is hard to do!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #258
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

On another note my nieces and nephew are headed to WDW today- they are staying at the Poly so I am so excited to hear about all the fun! Here is hoping for some great weather for them this next week, but anything is great compared to the cold weather here!
How awesome! Maybe they'll call you and you can hear Disney sounds in the background.

Quote:

Our neighbors leave tonight for a week in the World. They are staying off-site though . When I started explaining EMH, Dining Plan, and all the different resorts they were regretting not staying onsite. I had to reign it in a little, didn't want my Disney Freak Flag to fly too high!

They did say "You know a lot about Disney World." I was thinking they had no idea!!
Go ahead and send me a flag, too. I've needed one for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
I get the same thing! LOL I have to reign in my enthusiam too...but it sure is hard to do!
Sounds like maybe we need to form a club....

and have a flag.

When's the first meeting?
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #259
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have a Disney Freak Flag... I try to maintain composure. Last week at school one of my students (a boy) had been in FL after Christmas (missed a week of school). His mom brought in a Snapfish book she had made... mind you he failed to tell me he went to WDW.. just told me the beach. I loved seeing their book and had to pry as to how they got a picture with Alladin, Mulan, Jasmine, Snow White and the step-mom from Snow White.... how could a kid fail to mention WDW?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, I do hope that June hours get released next weekend. That would be fantastic!

Looking forward to reading about your random trip plans!
I wonder if for sure they will release on a Sunday????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
I love nothing more than when people seek advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
How awesome! Maybe they'll call you and you can hear Disney sounds in the background.

Go ahead and send me a flag, too. I've needed one for quite some time.

Sounds like maybe we need to form a club....

and have a flag.

When's the first meeting?
How soon can we all go to WDW??? We have to meet there of course!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:24 PM   #260
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Didn't you buy a flag when you were there last year?
Old 02-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #261
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Didn't you buy a flag when you were there last year?
You are right-- too funny!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #262
teacher9702
Earning My Ears

June hours

The June hours should be out March 1. I read on another one of my many Disney sites that the are putting out the current month hours along with the next three months. So when March 1 gets here they should have out also April, May and June. I am PATIENTLY waiting as well because we go June 9-18.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #263
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are right-- too funny!
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Did you ever post a picture of that flag? I would really like to see it if you have one.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #264
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

While Disney is constantly on my mind we have been super busy lately. School is crazy and with two girls with cabin fever we have been busy! While I wait for June hours, TGM and our reservation window to open here are some of my latest planning thoughts:

Stroller- we will be taking a single stroller for Luke, and renting the double again for the girls. There is no way Hannah can walk it yet, and to get our double stroller on the buses is a nightmare in my mind. I hope to umbrella stroller it with Luke, or take our bigger stroller for him. If I find a good deal on a stroller I might buy something that is lightweight and reclines. Suggestions?

Flying- still might if we find a good deal/tax return is good (still have not figured it). We would be lucky to have my parents being able to bring food/misc stuff since they for sure will drive.

Spending $ for kids- The Easter bunny is bringing a WDW themed basket (for car ride entertainment and necessities) and a gift card for them.

Hoppers- I am 99% sure we will get them. That takes pressure off of deciding how to use the extra days and makes getting our ADRs a bit easier.

Bippity Boppity Boutique- we are not doing this since Emily would want to if I let Hannah. I want to wait until she is at least 4.

Groceries- so excited to know I won't fly with food snacks this trip. We will be able to take water, cokes, juice boxes and snacks along with cereal for breakfast.

Photopass- Already in a group! Yea!!!!

Park bag- I dread to think what I will have to take for Luke. I want to take our backpack and probably a bag to always have with me with essentials (camera, tickets). I have a extra large Vera Bradley Backpack that I might use for these essentials instead of my Sleeping Beauty bag from the last two trips. Still thinking about this.

ADRs- to be honest I have not decided our last meal. I am leaning toward Whispering Canyon Cafe, but have a few other ideas. Now that we are more sure about Hoppers it adds to the options of where to eat!

Has anyone had dinner at Big River Grille and Brewing Works--- I would like to try it out maybe, and since it is between EPCOT and MGM it might fit great in our week!

I know that even though we almost 4 months still it will go quick. Hannah is playing softball this spring, we will be back in swim lessons for the girls and well soon Luke will be mobile... I think time will fly!

Last edited by IluvXU; 02-21-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:00 AM   #265
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Flying- still might if we find a good deal/tax return is good (still have not figured it). We would be lucky to have my parents being able to bring food/misc stuff since they for sure will drive.

Spending $ for kids- The Easter bunny is bringing a WDW themed basket (for car ride entertainment and necessities) and a gift card for them.

Hoppers- I am 99% sure we will get them. That takes pressure off of deciding how to use the extra days and makes getting our ADRs a bit easier.

I know that even though we almost 4 months still it will go quick. Hannah is playing softball this spring, we will be back in swim lessons for the girls and well soon Luke will be mobile... I think time will fly!

I'm hoping flying works for you. Get there quickly and get home quickly. It's very nice. We drove at Thanksgiving, and traffic was horrible coming home. We didn't get in until the middle of the night/morning, and then I had to drive to Nashville from Huntsville a couple of hours later to go to school that morning. We've already got our July flight. It's nice to know we'll just be there shortly after we leave, but it's even better on the coming home end!

The Easter Bunny is a very wise man. Um, hare.
That will create excitement about the trip and give the girls the anticipation of having money to spend all on their own.

Hoppers will make things very much easier for you.

Time probably will fly as you fill your weeks with softball and swimming fun!

Any planning you do just makes the trip seem that much more real and ever closer.

If you want, I'd be glad to send your kids a postcard from their Disney friends when I go in March. Let me know. I know it will still be a few months out from your trip, but they still might like it.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:01 AM   #266
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

You are right -- I think four months is going to fly by -- I caught myself thinking the same thing yesterday when I realized we are only three and a half months away!

WDW Themed Basket: This sounds like a cute idea -- you will tell us what the Easter Bunny puts in it, right? The Easter Bunny may want to bring one to us, too. I think I am going to do gift cards this year for Chelsea and Connor -- they will be easier to keep up with, I think.

Hoppers: That's the way I am leaning right now, too -- mainly to avoid DHS crowds and also, because I keep thinking we may want to head to MK in the evenings to play.

BBB: I think this is a wise move, and it will be something to look forward to in the future.

Photopass: Have you done a share before? I am wondering if I should do one or not.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #267
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

You're right, 4 months will fly by. Kid activities especially seem to make life busy and time go faster.

I like the Easter basket too. Are you leaning more towards gift cards than Disney Dollars? My dad sent us a bunch of DD for Christmas which I was thinking of putting in baskets and then converting the rest to gift cards? I don't know.

We weren't planning on hopping this time because of the extra cost for 5 people and the length of time we'll be there, but your thoughts have me reconsidering.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #268
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Always so much to do and little to no time to do it in....right?!?!?! BUT OH WHAT FUN!!!

Two notes:

On the stroller front, if you are looking for a stroller that is lightweight and can fold up like an umbrella BUT does recline, I HIGHLY recommend the Maclaren. THEY ARE GREAT!!! Sometimes you can find slightly used ones on eBay for really great deals---even if you don't, I think they are worth their money!!! The only ones that don't recline I think are the Volos---but even those are really nice. They fold up like umbrella strollers and even have a shoulder carrying strap---I think the heaviest weighs only about 13lbs. Just an FYI!!! I think Lesley has one too, so I think she would probably agree on the stroller!

BBB---I TOTALLY think that is a good idea to wait until Miss Em is a little older--I am sure they will be just fine even without the "Royal Treatment!"

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 02-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #269
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Four months will fly by! I think spring/early summer goes by quickly anyways, throw in a Disney trip and it really will.

I think you will like the hoppers. I can't imagine not having them. We used our hopping ability quite a bit last trip. I found that going to a different park, even for dinner kept us going and refreshed instead of getting too tired at one park if that makes sense.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #270
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Laura, with your busy life I don't even know how you will find time to pack. The time will indeed fly by

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: