Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #31
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

OK, here's something that can maybe get me started into perfume again. I have this box of sample fragrances that was like a gift set that I got at a gift exchange. It has 4 bottles all by Este Lauder. It has one called Pure White Linen. Maybe that isn't too floral. Should I try that?

Old 02-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #32
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec5girl View Post
OK, here's something that can maybe get me started into perfume again. I have this box of sample fragrances that was like a gift set that I got at a gift exchange. It has 4 bottles all by Este Lauder. It has one called Pure White Linen. Maybe that isn't too floral. Should I try that?
It doesn't sound floral-y. It sounds like it would be pretty fresh and clean smelling.

You should certainly try it!! Let us know if you like it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #33
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Cat ~ What's wrong with my hair is pretty much dryness. She said to try the dumb blonde conditioner. It's for color treated. I haven't mentioned this b/c I know I will get picture requests and I haven't had a chance to take a pic with all the sickness, but I went a lot lighter with blonde highlights.

I would LOVE to try the bead head liner. We'll talk closer to the time you are going.

You know - dumb blonde is nice - but it's not the deepest conditioner out there. What are you using now?

If it were me - Id be using a leave in, every day. I Love Sebastian Potion 9.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #34
OK!
Dreams in
Moral of the story: generic rum = bad
that was my holy grail of the whole sale!

I generally hate all fruity/foody scents, with the exception of citrus-based ones and Pink Sugar. I tend to gravitate toward "clean" or abstract-y kind of fragrances, e.g. Cool Water, The Body Shop's White Musk, stuff like that. I also used to love Om by the Gap, but IINM, they quit making it a while ago. I haven't had to look for it in ages; my mom always used to load up on it when she and my dad went to Orlando & she'd take a side trip to the Gap outlet.

I'm pretty basic when it comes to makeup. LOVE Clinique's Perfectly Real Compact Makeup...love the texture, love the finish, love every single last thing about it. I like to experiment with eye makeup some (products, not overall look). Lately I've been into L'Oreal's Beauty Tubes mascara, though I have to say, I've never received more compliments on my eyes than when I wore the Almay purple mascara that's designed to highlight brown eyes. Even the BF noticed and commented, which is pretty major for him.
WDW: 1979, 1982, 1985, Nov. 1987, Aug. 1991 (Doubletree), May 1995 (Doubletree), Oct. 1997 (Dixie Landings), Nov. 2001 (Port Orleans Riverside), Dec. 2002 (Dolphin), Dec. 2004 (Port Orleans Riverside), Jan. 2006 (Beach Club Villas), Aug. 2006 (VWL/BCV), Dec. 2006 (BCV/BWV), Jan. 2008 (BCV): ˝ Marathon trip!, May 2008 (BCV): graduation trip!, Dec. 2008 (BCV), Jan. 2009 (BCV): ˝ Marathon trip!, May 2009: quickie weekend, Jan. 2010 (BWV): ˝ Marathon trip!, April 2010: 3 weeks in the World, Aug. '10: moved here for good
Old 02-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #35
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

Quote:
I have found almost all Estee scents to be too strong for me. I can like taste them. But, I like florals and light fruity scents so Estee might work for you.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #36
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
It doesn't sound floral-y. It sounds like it would be pretty fresh and clean smelling.

You should certainly try it!! Let us know if you like it!
i thought pure white linen was a floral. Lemme check on that for you.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #37
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
You know - dumb blonde is nice - but it's not the deepest conditioner out there. What are you using now?

If it were me - Id be using a leave in, every day. I Love Sebastian Potion 9.
Yea, we talked about that Potion 9 before, but I forgot about it. I do use a leave in and I use Matrix Biolage smoothing formula or something? It just got dry because I started to wash too often. I was stuggling with my curls and that only made it worse! I'm washing 2 times a week now. It will be better again soon. Also it's gotten longer and that seems to make the curls easier to manage.

Hey, I'm not trying to turn the makeup thread into a hair thread. Or did you just want it to be a general beauty thread?

Old 02-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #38
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Have you tried the CLEAN line? You might like it.
http://sephora.com/search/search_res...chFinder.jhtml

The Estee Lauder website describes Pure White Linen Light Breeze as:
"Wet Citrus notes of luscious Bergamot, Orange Zest and White Grapefruit combine with Darjeeling Tea, colorful florals and sheer woods. Fragrance Type: Sparkling Citrus Floral."

Reviews: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...der/Fragrances

have you guys seen the OPS collection at Sephora? Nail Candy? Do you hear that? That's the Angel's singing *ahhhhhhh*

http://sephora.com/
Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #39
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Yea, we talked about that Potion 9 before, but I forgot about it. I do use a leave in and I use Matrix Biolage smoothing formula or something? It just got dry because I started to wash too often. I was stuggling with my curls and that only made it worse! I'm washing 2 times a week now. It will be better again soon. Also it's gotten longer and that seems to make the curls easier to manage.

Hey, I'm not trying to turn the makeup thread into a hair thread. Or did you just want it to be a general beauty thread?

I dont care. make it whatever you want.

Hair is fun too.

Okay - Biogenol is a REALLY REALLY REALLY good deep conditoner you can use once a week or whatever. REALLY good. It contains protein (same as Potion 9)

Biogenol Ultra Deep Masque

ULTRA-DEEP MASQUE: (deep conditioner) Specially formulated for color-treated hair with the new Phycocorail Color Shield Protection Ingredient System. ULTRA-DEEP MASQUE is an ultra-deep, ultra-nourishing revitalizing spa treatment. Vitamin and vegetable proteins, rebuild, strengthen and restore life. Restructures and energizes as it locks in moisture, body, condition and fabulous shine, to leave your hair healthier than ever before. Contains a natural anti-oxidant to prevent fading. Glycerin-free. Contains no other ingredients that may strip hair color.

http://www.biogenol.us/home.htm#UDM-Cond

Dumb Blonde is good - dont get me wrong, but I wouldnt call it a deep conditioner, or one that could reverse issues with your hair. It's a daily use.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #40
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
i thought pure white linen was a floral. Lemme check on that for you.
While you are checking that, it also contains Pleasures, Beautiful, and Beyond Paradise. Are any of those less floral? My problem is, you will probably be thinking, why don't I just smell them? They all smell fine to me, the sneezing starts 30 minutes to an hour after I put them on. So I don't know until I try and lately I would just rather not end up having a sneezy day.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #41
shirleyb
I'm a lot funnier in real life.

I had some of the Pure White Linen and I like it, but not as much as some other scents. DH bought it for me for Christmas last year, even though I had asked for Beautiful Silver. He couldn't remember what I asked for.

I tried the Potion No. 9, even got it at a great sale, but didn't feel like it really did anything special for me.

Any response on eyeshadow primer? That's the one thing I really need to find.

It's not the rain that matters, it's how you dance in it.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #42
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

THREE pages so far!!!

Ok, I have to go back and read everything!!!!!!!!!!!

KAR

Old 02-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #43
LadyGracey
"If we can dream it, we can do it..."

Yay, more makeup junkies!!! I spend way too much money. I can't walk past the MAC store without buying at least one thing I really don't need but have to have!!! (Like one of the Dame Edna palettes last week...)

Someone asked about eyeshadow primer? I use MAC Paints in Bare Canvas. It's the only one I've found that doesn't crease or wear off, and keeps my shadow in place and vibrant. And I do theater so my makeup works HARD If it can make it through two acts of me sweating, I know it's good!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #44
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Don't know anything about the eyeshadow primer, I will wait and see the response from others. That is probably another thing I need to be using.

Deep Dark Confession Time:

I have never been to Sephora.

I want to go, but I am always on a tight budget and I look in there when I go past and think "it's probably $45 for one eyeshadow". So I keep on walking. Also, having never been in there, I don't even know where to start? Help me go to Sephora people! Tell me it isn't really that expensive!

Old 02-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #45
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelhalo View Post
I have found almost all Estee scents to be too strong for me. I can like taste them. But, I like florals and light fruity scents so Estee might work for you.
We have the same scent tastes!!!

Quote:
While you are checking that, it also contains Pleasures, Beautiful, and Beyond Paradise. Are any of those less floral? My problem is, you will probably be thinking, why don't I just smell them? They all smell fine to me, the sneezing starts 30 minutes to an hour after I put them on. So I don't know until I try and lately I would just rather not end up having a sneezy day.

I dont have to check those... I know those:

Pleasures - Floral. I have a soft spot in my heart for it though... Ive always liked it.

Beautiful - wicked floral. Flora-o-Rama! And strong!

Beyond Paradise - Watery Floral. This one MIGHT be okay depending on how much floral you can handle. It still has that watery undertone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyb View Post

Any response on eyeshadow primer? That's the one thing I really need to find.
I personally love Too Faced. Lots and lots of people love Urban Decay and if youre crunched for money - I like Loreal's decrease.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: