Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #16
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

thanks everyone I just don't know what to use seems as though anything i use makes me too dry or too oily. but i will try some of these thanks

Old 02-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #17
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
Stila too.

Ummm - have you tried www.everydayminerals.com ?

I like them WAY better than Bare Minerals - and theyre cheaper and their color selection is awesome AND you can get a generous free sample to start with for only $4 shipping.
You were the one who first informed me of everyday minerals and now I LOVE them! At first I was just using the foundation and a setter, but now I have eye shadows an blushes too! i love them and would NEVER go back to a liquid foundation.

I also love Lip Venom which I get at Sephora.

I wash my face mostly with the Dove facial wipes that you wet and then they get all sudsy. They have a rough side and a smooth side.

I LOVE perfumes but right now I am mostly wearing Laila from Norway in Epcot.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #18
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelhalo View Post
You were the one who first informed me of everyday minerals and now I LOVE them! At first I was just using the foundation and a setter, but now I have eye shadows an blushes too! i love them and would NEVER go back to a liquid foundation.

I also love Lip Venom which I get at Sephora.

I wash my face mostly with the Dove facial wipes that you wet and then they get all sudsy. They have a rough side and a smooth side.

I LOVE perfumes but right now I am mostly wearing Laila from Norway in Epcot.

I didnt know you were a makeup junkie too!!! I SO wish you lived closer!!!

I bought the mini lip venom trio - and I like the gold and the silver - but havent touched the clear - I should send it to you. Ive never been crazy about them - I dont know why I keep buying them.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #19
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by can84 View Post
Can I join in? I love shopping for makeup. Lately I've been using Benefit's Maybe Baby perfume, it's light and floral/peachy. I've been nervous about using MAC because Clinique and Estee Lauder make me break out

Of course!!!

I'm going to do some recruiting. They had TWO makeup thread on the Theme Park board. I'm linking us, over there....

Old 02-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #20
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

So, Cathryn, you said Sephora was having a sale soon?

How did I miss this? Details, please!!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #21
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

Quote:
I didnt know you were a makeup junkie too!!! I SO wish you lived closer!!!

I bought the mini lip venom trio - and I like the gold and the silver - but havent touched the clear - I should send it to you. Ive never been crazy about them - I dont know why I keep buying them.
I LOVE them but just ran out. I mostly buy the clear. Dang we need to live closer, we could makup shop together AND I could get good haircuts!

I LOVE makeup AND perfumes. My perfumes have been neglected lately though because since we moved into the new house my DH hasn't put up a perfume shelf for me. Poor lonely perfumes are hanging out in a box all excpet for my Laila of course
Old 02-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #22
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love florals and fruities.

Love -

Laila (the one in Norway - I get a big bottle every year - I have it on now )

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia Di Capri (what a long name!) - Smells like the oranges in Soarin and Horizon. Really nice. Like PURE orange.

YSL - BabyDoll - PinkGrapefruit, pomegranate and floral.

DKNY - Be Delicious - YUM!

CLEAN - Fresh Laundry

Aquolina - Pink Sugar - I go back and forth on this. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I dont.

Escada - Sentiment (I just need a bottle of everything Escada to be in peace )

What else do I have... I have to think now....

OH - I have that Ralph Lauren one - HOT (I think) smelled better in the store. Not too happy about it now.

I have more... let me ponder.

Anywhere - everywhere.

Im a HUGE and I mean HUGE fan of TiGi Bed head's makeup line. If you guys havent tried it, - you should. Their eyeshadow is more pigmented than MAC's. So, I get that at my salon.
I have been having a problem with perfume because in the last 5 - 10 years I have been having allergies that I didn't have before. Florals make me sneeze. Is Laila from Norway a floral?

I'm glad you mentioned Bed Head because my hair stylist told me to try their conditioner and I was going to ask you what you thought of that product. (I hope a quick hair question isn't too off topic.)

Also, I need a new eyeliner. I know you like liquid, but I just can't get used to it. I like the nice sharp pencil. I don't like the ones that you twist. It has to be the wooden kind that can go in the sharpener. Any suggestions?

Old 02-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #23
shirleyb
I'm a lot funnier in real life.

Unfortunately, the nearest Sephora to me is 3 hrs away. I went to the one outside the Venetian when I was in Vegas and I could have spent my whole paycheck.

Any recommendations on eyeshadow primer? I bought the Urban Decay one at Sephora, and it was so-so for me.

I love everyday minerals. Reminds me, time to order...

It's not the rain that matters, it's how you dance in it.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
So, Cathryn, you said Sephora was having a sale soon?

How did I miss this? Details, please!!
No - I just know that they have them once and again - and was wondering if anyone knew when!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelhalo View Post
I LOVE them but just ran out. I mostly buy the clear. Dang we need to live closer, we could makup shop together AND I could get good haircuts!

I LOVE makeup AND perfumes. My perfumes have been neglected lately though because since we moved into the new house my DH hasn't put up a perfume shelf for me. Poor lonely perfumes are hanging out in a box all excpet for my Laila of course
I have a perfume shelf, too!

We could totally makeup shop together! DANG!

And look who else is here ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec5girl View Post
I have been having a problem with perfume because in the last 5 - 10 years I have been having allergies that I didn't have before. Florals make me sneeze. Is Laila from Norway a floral?

I'm glad you mentioned Bed Head because my hair stylist told me to try their conditioner and I was going to ask you what you thought of that product. (I hope a quick hair question isn't too off topic.)

Also, I need a new eyeliner. I know you like liquid, but I just can't get used to it. I like the nice sharp pencil. I don't like the ones that you twist. It has to be the wooden kind that can go in the sharpener. Any suggestions?
We all need to live centrally located. Chicago should work. It's in the middle.

laila is a floral - but I have a TON of tester/sample bottles. I will clean one out and mail you a sample of it so you can try it. It's so fresh and wonderful. I think I still have your address, I'll double check. Or I could just put on the envelope 'Look for the house with the spoons"??

I love bed head - but what is 'wrong' with your hair? What are you needing? I wouldnt say Bed head is the best you can get for moisture, though. AND...keep in mind.... I'm going to the Hair Show at the end of March. I can get all Bed Head, (and every other brand)wholesale. If you can hold off until then, we can get you a lot of stuff, way cheaper - I can call you and picture text you from there.

Which conditioner, anyways?

And eye liner.... how do you know I like liquid??? I actually like the little gel pots from MAC - but yeah, theyre liquid. When I was a pencil user, I was like you, though. I only liked PENCIL pencils... not the twisty up kind. Pencils. I used to use the Loreal one - that big long one - do they still make that one? I can pick you up a Bed head one, when I go - their makeup is fantastic, so I'd imagine their liner is nice too....black or brown?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #25
can84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec5girl View Post
I've been using Chanel's eyeliner in black jade It goes on smooth and doesn't smudge. Love their mascara too

Orlando ~ Australia ~ Ireland ~ Britain ~ France ~ Belgium ~ Scotland ~ Austria ~ Portugal ~ Switzerland ~ Italy
Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #26
NTDreams
Mouseketeer

Has everyone seen the new Hello Kitty MAC line??
http://www.maccosmetics.com/

I think I might need to get it all! I love all types of make-up though. I have three caboodle to prove it. HAHA! Would anyone want to post pictures of their best make-up day?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #27
momoftwins

Frazzled Disney-lovin' Mom of twins!

CathyrnRose

What happened to that thread about the Neutrogena Rejuvenator? I love mine, but wanted to check to see how everyone else thought.

Thanks
Pop Century, BCV,Wonder Cruise, VWL - April 2005, Pop Century August 2005, Boardwalk Villas - June 2006, Boardwalk Villas - April 2007, BCV - Thanksgiving 2007 - Boardwalk Villas - August 2008, Boardwalk - January 2009 - Magic Cruise- November 2009, Boardwalk Villas- July 2010
Old 02-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #28
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTDreams View Post
Has everyone seen the new Hello Kitty MAC line??
http://www.maccosmetics.com/

?

I have the Disney MAC glosses! No Hello Kitty, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwins View Post
What happened to that thread about the Neutrogena Rejuvenator? I love mine, but wanted to check to see how everyone else thought.

Thanks

I dunno - it wasnt my thread though. I love that dang thing!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #29
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Cat ~ What's wrong with my hair is pretty much dryness. She said to try the dumb blonde conditioner. It's for color treated. I haven't mentioned this b/c I know I will get picture requests and I haven't had a chance to take a pic with all the sickness, but I went a lot lighter with blonde highlights.

I would LOVE to try the bead head liner. We'll talk closer to the time you are going.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #30
hellokitty86
If I didn't wear it myself- I would want my husband to wear it!
DH does call me a toilet paper snob
Did the lovebugs bother you too, like they bothered me??!

Quote:

What perfume's do you already like??
Hi everyone!

I have a couple favorite perfumes. I have to be careful because I will love a perfume in the store and then after buying it and using it I will start to hate it Sephora is very good about giving samples of perfume and I will use them for a couple days to make sure I really like it!

My favorites:
-Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana

-Eau d'Hadrien by Annick Goutal (found this in France at Epcot, its a funny story actually. We were in Epcot our arrival night and it was EMH. We went into the perfume shop and this handsome French CM was following me around showing me the perfumes. He would spray one on my arm and then ask to smell me Needless to say I was enjoying myself and my DH kept trying to rush me! I found out later my parents surprised me and came to Disney to be with us and they were waiting for us at the hotel, which is why DH was rushing me!)

-Twisted Peppermint from Bath & Body Works when I am tight for money I have to stock up in the after Christmas sales!

-Hot Couture by Givenchy

I love the Clean line too. They smell REALLY good, but I love that linen/cotton smell anyway!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: