Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #496
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Heidi,

Add me to the list of those who cannot wait to do TSMM...I love the pictures you posted...is the storyline that Andy set this contraption up with the toys in his bedroom?? It looks like we (the riders) are supposed to be toy-sized...

And a most definite two for the relaxing break at CBR; as well as the flexibility strategy. (See, even not having a plan can be a plan!!!)

Kathy
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #497
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you had a nice relaxing afternoon. I am glad you got to ride TSM twice, that is a great ride. It was one of the few rides my son liked and we were only able to ride it once because of the line being so long. We also went through the fastpass line. I would like to see the other line, but not enough to wait 2 hours.

Me DH DD DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #498
bethk78
Earning My Ears

Read your 1st 3 chapters and I'm hooked. I TRs.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #499
mjaure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post

It wasn’t until I got home did I notice this LGMH in one of my pictures:

If that is your back-side with the lime green bag and LGMH DIS tag and you are reading this please say hello!

Hello, it was me! The guy in the orange coat is my husband. My son was up there somewhere with us, I see his shoe. It's funny how I hardly saw any LGMH at all that week. I think we had just finished lunch at the Sci-Fi because we got milkshakes for dessert to go. I wish I had turned around and was able to meet you! I have been following your PTR and TR.

--Mary
Old 02-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #500
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Ok I have to come back and finish later (up to just before you PP update...) but I wanted to reply to these before I forget...

Quote:
Lion King and Beauty and the Beast are being re-released on DVD for Christmas 2009.

thanks for this tid bit, I can't wait to get LK on DVD. I was working for the stores when it came out to the big screen, it has special memories for me.
Quote:

I'm hoping that either he out grows it, or it that it had more to do with his age and being in an unfamiliar place. Disney is the only place where he has had this reaction to sound. Coupled with the fact that Liam (even at 21 months currently) has no speech. He has no words. Without going into the whole thing here....we've been working on getting him help and he should have speech therapy by the beginning of March.

Margaret had a speech delay as well, she recieves ST in our home once a week, she is really coming along. Mae did too, but hers was mostly due to 9 months of ear infections and fluid in her ears as an infant. feel free to pm or email me to chat more

I can think of a few places that could use them....like World Showcase.

I ditto that!

You miss changing diapers??? just kidding.
I can't wait to be missing this!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #501
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm hoping that either he out grows it, or it that it had more to do with his age and being in an unfamiliar place. Disney is the only place where he has had this reaction to sound. Coupled with the fact that Liam (even at 21 months currently) has no speech. He has no words. Without going into the whole thing here....we've been working on getting him help and he should have speech therapy by the beginning of March.
Sorry... I don't know how I missed this, but I'm glad to hear you are addressing your concerns about Liam. Hopefully a little ST will do the trick! Are you guys going through early intervention?? If you need any advice on how all that works in NH, PM me. We've obviously been through it all with Alex. He started getting ST before he was 2, they added in OT shortly after he turned 2, right around when he was diagnosed with autism.

But don't let it stress you out... take it one step at a time - I know SOOO many kids who just needed a little ST and time and they were right up with their peers in no time. But I'm sure it still worries you.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #502
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sorry... I don't know how I missed this, but I'm glad to hear you are addressing your concerns about Liam. Hopefully a little ST will do the trick! Are you guys going through early intervention?? If you need any advice on how all that works in NH, PM me. We've obviously been through it all with Alex. He started getting ST before he was 2, they added in OT shortly after he turned 2, right around when he was diagnosed with autism.

But don't let it stress you out... take it one step at a time - I know SOOO many kids who just needed a little ST and time and they were right up with their peers in no time. But I'm sure it still worries you.
just wanted to Ditto Amy's thoughts on ST...Margaret's is thru IL early intervention too. Lots of hugs. I know how frustrating it can be for you, DH, and Liam

Back to the report.

That is so cool that mjaure saw her backside and LGMH tag! and was reading your report all along!

I am so glad you both got to enjoy TSM! that was smart thinking not to take Liam on it. for the mini bubbles I must add that to my packing list! Margaret loves bubbles. and thanks for the tip that they now let kids ride on parent's laps.

looking forward to more!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #503
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

So glad Liam is doing better! Can't wait for more!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 02-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #504
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaure View Post
Hello, it was me! The guy in the orange coat is my husband. My son was up there somewhere with us, I see his shoe. It's funny how I hardly saw any LGMH at all that week. I think we had just finished lunch at the Sci-Fi because we got milkshakes for dessert to go. I wish I had turned around and was able to meet you! I have been following your PTR and TR.

--Mary
That is amazing!

Sing it with me, now! "It's a small world after all...."

Kathy
Old 02-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #507
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Hope things are going ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Ditto with what Amy said, I am thinking about you .
Thanks guys! We're fine, life is just getting in the way of my DISing. I started an update yesterday.... I hope to have it up in the next couple of days.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #508
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Thanks guys! We're fine, life is just getting in the way of my DISing. I started an update yesterday.... I hope to have it up in the next couple of days.
Been thinking of you, hon. Glad to hear you're okay, just busy.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #509
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
TSM is AWESOME . We love it! I am so happy you had a good day! I hope it continued through that night.
It did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Sounds like you had a good rest of the day at DHS. I love Toy Story Mania, so much fun!
I think I could have riden that ride all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
We thought the pizza at Pizza Planet was quite tasty.

LOVE the popcorn and the souvenir buckets. I didn't know they have different themed ones - cool!

I am so excited to ride TSM!
I think the popcorn in the bucket is only a dollar more and it comes with a lid...so it's not a bad little souvenir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
What a great day this is shaping up to be!

I do love those popcorn buckets, as you know. And oddly enough, I've never been to the second floor of Pizza Planet so it's nice to know there are restrooms up there.

I'm glad you got to ride TSM twice! That ride is awesome.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your day.
I was happy with Pizza Planet....I think if we eat there again when the kids are older we will set limits on how much they could play games after lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Add me to the list of those who cannot wait to do TSMM...I love the pictures you posted...is the storyline that Andy set this contraption up with the toys in his bedroom?? It looks like we (the riders) are supposed to be toy-sized...

And a most definite two for the relaxing break at CBR; as well as the flexibility strategy. (See, even not having a plan can be a plan!!!)

Kathy
Yes you are toy sized. Oh and one more thing about the game. If they have to stop you from moving on thru the game on the track then the screens will come up with a shooting game so you can play...just for no points. It's beats most attractions where you just have to sit there and listen to a recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
It sounds like you had a nice relaxing afternoon. I am glad you got to ride TSM twice, that is a great ride. It was one of the few rides my son liked and we were only able to ride it once because of the line being so long. We also went through the fastpass line. I would like to see the other line, but not enough to wait 2 hours.
I so want to see the Mr.Potato head thing in the regular queue....someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethk78 View Post
Read your 1st 3 chapters and I'm hooked. I TRs.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaure View Post

--Mary
So cool! Wasn't it cold the beginning of that week?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
That is so cool that mjaure saw her backside and LGMH tag! and was reading your report all along!

I am so glad you both got to enjoy TSM! that was smart thinking not to take Liam on it. for the mini bubbles I must add that to my packing list! Margaret loves bubbles. and thanks for the tip that they now let kids ride on parent's laps.

looking forward to more!
I saw a lot of parents looking at me green with envy that I had bubbles. I found the tiny party favor size ones at Target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAMWDW View Post
So glad Liam is doing better! Can't wait for more!
Liam was doing good....mostly because we didn't do much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Been thinking of you, hon. Glad to hear you're okay, just busy.
Thanks! Busy and tired! I can't wait for the kids to go off to college so I can sleep!

Old 02-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #510
MRYPPNS

It’s been so long since I last updated I can’t even remember where I left off….

….oh yeah….we spent the day at DHS, then went back to the resort to relax.

Since we knew Fantasmic! was out of the question for us this trip because of Liam….I had formulated a plan earlier in the day to save our evening. Remember on our arrival day when we were dead tired and got take-out from the food court instead of heading to the Boardwalk area and eating at Beaches and Cream? I just recycled those plans for tonight.

I think we headed out about 5pm and drove to the Boardwalk Inn. We valet parked. And I was glad we did when I saw where the parking lot was…ugh. Once inside the Boardwalk Inn we realized that we needed to find the elevator since we had the stroller. We located it quick enough and made our way outside. I don’t remember exactly what we looked at on our way to the Beach Club but I know we walked around Crescent Lake in the direction of ESPN Club and the International gateway side. I do remember popping into the Boardwalk Bakery and being very surprised at how small (and cramped) it was in there.
This was our first visit inside Beaches and Cream (they don’t take ADR’s, walk-ups only) but we knew where it was located from scouting it out in prior trips. We waited just a couple minutes for a table.

We order Liam the kid’s hot dog with fruit ($7.59)….A bit pricey, but it does come with a drink and dessert. He ate great!

DH and I ordered a side of onion rings to share ($5.99). I was really disappointed with these. They were the thick cut rings….I prefer the skinny ones but what ruined them was that they were over cooked. We should have sent them back but for whatever reason we didn’t (probably because we already had enough food).

DH ordered the Chicken Sandwich ($10.49); I believe he liked it very much. I ordered the Roast Beef Sandwich ($11.49). It’s more like a steak and cheese sandwich. It was delish! I’ve been craving another one since we got back…..do you know how rough that it is on a pregnant woman? We both had sodas with our meals ($2.29 each).

I’ll interrupt my dinning review to give you a review of how Liam was at this restaurant….since you know what happened at Chef Mickey’s.

This was Liam most of the time we were at Beaches and Cream.

And I say most of the time because we were getting clued into what was triggering his mini-meltdowns. I’m sure you all know about the Kitchen Sink….that giant ice cream dessert that they serve at Beaches and Cream. What you might not know is that every time one is delivered to a table the wait-staff sort of announces it to the rest of the restaurant…..which is one smallish room. The lights sort of dim and a siren-like light goes off and all attention is turned to the table getting the Kitchen Sink. This happened 3 times in the hour or so that we were there. The first time we were all caught off guard by it and Liam started to fuss. Thankfully the little presentation is over quick enough that he recovered. The next two times it happened we knew it was coming so we really tried to distract Liam so he didn’t know was what going on until it was just about done. Plus I think by the 3rd time he was beginning to get used to it and know that no big scary furry character was going to come by the table. Crisis averted!

Back to the food!

Liam’s meal came with the dessert of the day which seems to just be a Mickey looking dish of ice cream. We got him <wink, wink> chocolate.

DH and I ordered a Milky Way sundae to share ($7.99).

It was very good, however we thought there might be nuts in the cake part after we starting eating it….and I’m allergic to nuts. So I kind of had to pick at it at that point but I helped myself to some of that chocolate ice cream of Liam’s!

Overall dinner was great and I plan to go back. (Total cost was $51.26 plus tip for those of you keeping score).

After dinner we strolled around Crescent Lake back to the Boardwalk Inn.

There wasn’t too much going on at the boardwalk and it was still kinda cold that night. We played at least one game. I think its $3 per player but the cool thing is that you only need two people to play and win a prize. So I was able to win (against DH) this brown doggie for Liam…..it only cost us $6! I really should have my head examined….

That was about it for the night. We got our car and went back to the room to read/relax/watch TV.

Highlights for Day Four: Toy Story Midway Mania! Awesome attraction! And I got to ride twice because of the kindness of a stranger.
Dinner at Beaches and Cream…good food in a super cute location.

Lowlights for Day Four: Having to leave Playhouse Disney in the middle of the show and knowing that Liam wasn’t going to be able to handle much of anything in regards to rides or shows.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: