Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #871
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Even if we fly Southwest can we use the DME? Will we get luggage tags? Reason why I ask is b/c with Airtran it's amost $800 for us and $500 for Southwest--we're going the week before Easter and typically airfares are higher b/c there's more of a demand. I used to work for the airline Anyways, just wondering if Southwest is a participating airline. . Thanksl.

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Disneyfan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #872
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
Even if we fly Southwest can we use the DME? Will we get luggage tags? Reason why I ask is b/c with Airtran it's amost $800 for us and $500 for Southwest--we're going the week before Easter and typically airfares are higher b/c there's more of a demand. I used to work for the airline Anyways, just wondering if Southwest is a participating airline. . Thanksl.
Please reread post #1 in this sticky thread.

The short answer is that there is no such thing as a participating airlines list for Magical Express -- so you can use inbound Magical Express transportation and luggage transfers with any airline, including Southwest. And you can use outbound Magical Express transportation with any airline, including Southwest.

The participating airlines list only applies to the Resort Airline Check-in (RAC) remote skycap service at your Disney resort.

Southwest does not participate in RAC, so, on the way back to the airport, your bags go in the luggage hold of the motorcoach, and you check your bags at the airport.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #873
twojo21
disney bride 32106

contact info for magic express?

does anyone know the phone number or better yet the website to book magic express? thanks!

March 21st 2006 the day our dreams came true.
twojo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #874
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

You need to contact whomever you booked your WDW reservation with. If you did this through Disney, give them a call and they will get you added. If a TA did it for you, then they need to make the reservation.
There is no website to make a reservation on. The only website that allows that is the DVC site. Or, there is sometimes a website that deals only with corporate groups.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #875
Dopey Sharon
Trust me, stay away from Atlantic City!
Can the Tag Fairy have some Navy Beans and Sloppy Joes?

Here is the website to book online https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...=BAC-DMEVanity

I just booked it last week using this site. Got my email confirmation later that day.

I used aaa, online, to book my room, but booked Magical Express on this site. I left the "hotel reservation" box empty.
Dopey Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #876
nandc619
Earning My Ears

Boarding Pass Question

I know the first post says anyone on any airline may receive their boarding passes at the Lobby Concierge desk. It also says bags can be checked up to 12 hours in advance, but I know Southwest is not a participating airline, so no baggage check there. My question is how early can we get our boarding passes? Southwest allows you to check in online 24 hours in advance, but I didn't know if the 12 hour restriction would apply to the boarding passes as well as the bags.
Thanks!!
nandc619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #877
nandc619
Earning My Ears

Oops! another question...

I knew I had two questions! This one's a little different... I read in one post on here that they weighed your baggage prior to you checking it at your lobby concierge. Would they weigh your bag for you, even if you weren't checking it at the resort? Those "over 50 lbs" fees really add up, and I'm horrible at guessing! Just a thought...
Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #878
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

nandc619,

I'm afraid you're mixing-and-matching a few different things.

You can check-in and get your Southwest boarding passes 24 hours in advance at your resort's Lobby Concierge desk, or at Guest Services at any of the parks and at Downtown Disney.

The 12-hour rule has to do ONLY with Resort Airline Check-in, which is the service that's available only to guests flying on "participating airlines." So that has nothing to do with you.

I've never heard of Lobby Concierge weighing bags. That gets done by Resort Airline Check-in, but I'm very sure that's only for people actually using RAC ... it isn't available for just anyone to use for their own informational purposes ... they use that scale as part of the Resort Airline Check-in process, exactly as would be done at an airport ticket counter.

I mean, if the RAC desk is totaly empty (it's open daily from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.), I guess it couldn't hurt to ask the guy to weigh your bags just for giggles. But please keep in mind that if he does this for you, a tip would be proper ... the staff at the RAC desk are not Disney employees, and you should tip them just like you would tip a skycap at an airport curbside check-in podium.

I hope this clears up the process for you.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #879
nandc619
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info! I actually found a cool little gadget online that you just hook onto your bag and it will weigh it for you... so I'll probably try that route! (I just hate having to move stuff between bags at the airport when you find out one is over 50lbs!)
But again, thank you! I'm glad to know we can check in for our flight 24 hours in advance! Now it's just waiting for March to get here...
Old 02-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #880
George69
Mouseketeer

Gadget to weigh luggage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandc619 View Post
Thanks for the info! I actually found a cool little gadget online that you just hook onto your bag and it will weigh it for you... so I'll probably try that route! (I just hate having to move stuff between bags at the airport when you find out one is over 50lbs!)
But again, thank you! I'm glad to know we can check in for our flight 24 hours in advance! Now it's just waiting for March to get here...
What gadget? Can I have the site and price? Thanks,
George69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:15 AM   #881
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I have seem a portable baggage weight scale in most of the larger stores...Target, Kohls, etc. They aren't very expensive and are pretty small, so you can just tuck them into the bag after weighing.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:13 AM   #882
nandc619
Earning My Ears

I found several on Ebay and Amazon. I just did a search for "portable luggage scale" or "digital luggage scale." They seem to mostly be around $15-$20, and they fit in the palm of your hand. I think that's definitely worth it for me- I always cram as much as possible in my bags and never learn....
Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #883
Beauties n the Beast
Mouseketeer

Ok, so I've read the first post fully as well as a few of the other pages of posts....but I still have a question (or actually, want to clarify something). If I fly in on Southwest, DME is OK for me to use since I'm staying at a Disney resort - I would just have to grab my own bags and bring them to the bus? Also on the departure flight, IF I fly out using Southwest I would not be eligible for RAC so therefore would need to take my bags with me upon checkout and bring them to the bus whenever I am leaving? In that case, I'd say a last minute day at the park is out of the question! So I'm thinking to fly out using AirTran, to be able to use RAC!
Anyway, those would be my two questions....thanks (and I hope I am not repeating another already asked!!)
Beauties n the Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #884
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauties n the Beast View Post
If I fly in on Southwest, DME is OK for me to use since I'm staying at a Disney resort - I would just have to grab my own bags and bring them to the bus?
No.

Everyone on every airline gets the automatic luggage handling on your arrival day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauties n the Beast View Post
Also on the departure flight, IF I fly out using Southwest I would not be eligible for RAC so therefore would need to take my bags with me upon checkout and bring them to the bus whenever I am leaving?
Yes.

THIS is the only difference airline makes ... it only matters for the day you leave, NOT the day you arrive.

Arrival day is identical for everyone on every airline.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #885
Beauties n the Beast
Mouseketeer

Great, thank you so much!!
Beauties n the Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: