Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
faerieprincess
on the threshold of revelation

Post How do we love Disney? Let me count the ways... (updated & completed 5/11)

my sister and i just got back from seven magical days at WDW, so it's time for.... the trip report! Yay!

So for those of you who haven't been following my PTR,

i'll introduce you to the cast:

me:

Name: sare
Occupation: Secretary in a funeral home. i do paperwork, mounds and mounds of paperwork.
Enjoys: reading, photography, scrapbooking, and the Sims.

my sister:

Name: Jess
Occupation: Student, currently finishing high school and going to community college in September.
Enjoys: listening to her iPod, and chatting with her friends on MSN and Facebook.

my twinnie:

Name: gellybean
Will be making appearances in this TR through text messages and flashbacks. Also has her own TR which can be found here.

my BF:

Will also be making appearances in this TR through text messages and phone calls.

Our journey to WDW begins on Wednesday, February 4th, 2009. We have to catch a 10:00am Greyhound bus to Toronto. Once there we take a GO commuter bus to the Toronto airport, then a hotel shuttle to our hotel. We are spending the night there and then flying to Orlando the next morning. We are staying 7 nighs at PoP Century, with Park Hopper tickets for all 7 days. We are using the DxDP and have a few TS ADRs.

Handy dandy links:
Day 0: Travel
Day 1: Still traveling! (Part one)
Day 1: Arrival (Part two)
Day 1: 'Ohana (Part three)
Day 2: Crystal Palace (Part one)
Day 2: Magic Kingdom (Part two)
Day 2: A much-needed break and the spur-of-the-moment park, and dinner. (Part three)
Day 2: Wishes! (Part four)
Day 3: Chef Mickey's (Part one)
Day 3: Tomorrowland (Part two)
Day 3: The mystery stop and a midday rest (Part three)
Day 3: TWLOHA and IllumiNations (Part four)
Day 4: Soarin' and Soarin' and not much else
Day 5: Hollywood Studios: the TSM Rush and our new little friend (part one)
Day 5: TSM, ToT, and totally rude people (part two)
Day 5: Star Tours, Star Tours, and -you guessed it- Star Tours (part three)
Day 6: Animal Kingdom (part one)
Day 6: Dinos, Yetis, Fish and Bugs, oh my! (Part two)
Day 6: Downtown Disney (part three)
Day 7: Soarin' and Soarin' and Playing Tour Guide (Part one)
Day 7: Another DELICIOUS lunch, the Great Debate, & a Little Bit of Magic (Part two)
Day 7: Around the World in 59 Minutes: a Photographic Journey (Part three - page one)
Day 7: Around the World in 59 Minutes: a Photographic Journey (Part three - page two)
Day 7: Around the World in 59 Minutes: a Photographic Journey (Part three - page three)
Day 7: Another 'World' Tour and a Disappointment (Part four)
Day 8: Panic at the Disco (or, Why i HAD to Trash Our Room) (Part one)
Day 8: Where would we go, what would we do? (Part two)
Day 8/9: The long long LONG way home (Part three)
Fin

How do we love Disney? Let me count the ways! (Completed February 2009 TR)
A foolish promise finally kept - the PTR (Completed February 2009 PTR)

Last edited by faerieprincess; 05-11-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
faerieprincess

Post Day 0: Travel

Wake up about 7:30 and get up and dressed. Pack the last of our stuff and head to the bus terminal, with one stop at the store to buy drinks and snacks. Our bus is not busy at all and we both get our own seats - our favourite way to travel. We were near the back. It was an uneventful trip. Here's Jess:

One of the things i love about the drive to Toronto is the area between Barrie and Toronto called the Holland Marsh. In the summer it's a green and black wonderland of nutrients and in the winter it's acres and acres of smooth white snow. Beautiful.

Once we got to the Yorkdale terminal we bought tickets for the GO bus to the airport. Unfortunately we had just missed one so we waited almost an hour for the bus.

Finally we got to the airport about dinnertime. i phoned the hotel and they sent a shuttle to get us. We checked in, ordered pizza, and tried to go to bed early. i was too excited to sleep much, though!!

Last edited by faerieprincess; 02-14-2009 at 10:28 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
faerieprincess

Post Day 1: Still Traveling! (Part one)

Got up early. Very early. 6:15 early. We had breakfast in the hotel lobby and then took the shuttle to the airport. We got there at about 8am. We checked in, then went through customs, which surprised me as i thought they would be in Orlando. i was quite happy to do it there, though! We both got through no problem, tagged our luggage for the ME, and headed to security. Once we'd finished tying our shoes back on, we found a spot near our gate that was beautifully warm and sunny and where we could watch planes landing. i gave Jess a brief photography lesson and she amused herself for a while:

Then it was time to board our plane. The flight attendant we met on the way in turned out to be the guy who shortly before boarding tried to run me over near the bathrooms. He apologised and was quite nice! i certainly wasn't going to hold it against him, i've been almost run over more times than i can count by cars, trucks, buses, snow ploughs, sidewalk ploughs, trams, a priest, and on one memorable occasion, a fridge!

The flight was fine and seemed to go by very quickly. Not sure if i'm just more used to the endless Transatlantic flights to England and so 3 hours seemed very short, or if i was just really caught up in the tv shows i was watching on the little screen, but the journey was over very fast.

Although i had my traditional ear troubles on takeoff and landing, Jess seemed fine and comfortable. She was quite proud of surviving her first ever flight!

When we arrived in Orlando we got on the little mini monorail, which was very busy.

Arriving at the terminal i promptly got lost, and texted gelly for directions. (While i waited for her answer i found the Disney store there and asked as well). Eventually i found the ME check-in desk and did so. Waited quite a while in that line, and was really wishing i had gone to the bathroom before getting in line! Finally it was my turn and i checked us in, then made a beeline for the bathroom before getting Jess and our carryon luggage. We got in line and it immediately started moving: this would be the start of our amazing luck with buses at WDW. We got on the ME bus, found some seats, sat back and enjoyed the ride.

i tried to take a picture of the sign but didn't quite manage it:

Last edited by faerieprincess; 02-14-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
gellybean
DIS Veteran

I'm here I'm here I'm here!! And my sisterly shopping trip didn't cause me to miss too much of it!!!

I can't wait to read all the answers to my millions of questions that I've been wanting to ask and haven't yet!!!

Glad y'all are back!!

~da one she calls twinnie (I really need to find a dancing gellybean smilie)~

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA
Old 02-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
vdarrell
DIS Veteran

It is so nice to see you both got there without to much of a hassle.
Can't wait to read more.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #6
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! Sounds like your traveling days were great! I can't wait to read more!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 07:35 AM   #7
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Yay!! The TR has begun. I am so glad your traveling went well. I love your black and white shirt, very cute.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:38 AM   #8
faerieprincess

Not sure how these ended up in reverse order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Yay!! The TR has begun. I am so glad your traveling went well. I love your black and white shirt, very cute.
Thanks! That black and white shirt is my favourite and i wear it all the time. It actually won't make any more appearances in this TR after the first day, lol, which some people will be relieved to know. Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I'm here!!! Sounds like your traveling days were great! I can't wait to read more!!!
Yay you're here! Yup it was a great start to the trip... and more is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdarrell View Post
It is so nice to see you both got there without to much of a hassle.
Can't wait to read more.
Yay Vickey's here! i promise more is on its way!!

Last edited by faerieprincess; 02-16-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #9
faerieprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybean View Post
I'm here I'm here I'm here!! And my sisterly shopping trip didn't cause me to miss too much of it!!!

I can't wait to read all the answers to my millions of questions that I've been wanting to ask and haven't yet!!!

Glad y'all are back!!

~da one she calls twinnie (I really need to find a dancing gellybean smilie)~
Yay! You're here! the party can start!

i hope i answer some of your questions... you should start coming on msn lol so i know what your questions are!!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #10
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

I'm here I'm here!!! Woohoo...AND on the 1st page!!

Paula
Old 02-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #11
Rozz
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read more! I'll check in frequently for updates.

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Old 02-15-2009, 09:45 AM   #12
tanyabanana
Mouseketeer

This looks like a great TR. You're part about almost getting run over by the fridge almost made me squirt Pepsi out of my nose
signing on...can't wait to read more

Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #13
faerieprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
I'm here I'm here!!! Woohoo...AND on the 1st page!!

Paula
Yayay Paula's here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
I can't wait to read more! I'll check in frequently for updates.
Hi Rozz, ! Nice to have you along

i WOULD be updating frequently but gellybean keeps tellin me to slow down lol

*ducks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyabanana View Post
This looks like a great TR. You're part about almost getting run over by the fridge almost made me squirt Pepsi out of my nose
signing on...can't wait to read more
oh my goddess, you think i'm funny AND you're a Pepsi drinker... welcome to my TR!

Old 02-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #14
faerieprincess

Post Day 1: Arrival (Part two)

We went to the check-in desk at PoP and were served right away. Apparently the hotel was booked in Jessie's name. Huh? It's *my* credit card! Oh well. We get checked in. i give my credit card for incidentals and we get our KTTW:

Yay! We're really here! We head over to our building and drop off our stuff. It's not very warm out - maybe 10°C, but we leave our coats and sweaters inside and bring just our cameras outside with us. We wander around taking pictures of PoP. (i've left out most of them, as you can find pictures of PoP all over the place lol).

These are mine:

And Jess':

(i thought she was aiming much higher and was trying to get just my head in the picture)

(i was born in '80, she was born in '90, so it made these things pretty convenient lol)

Then we went into Everything PoP. We picked up our mugs and filled them up. Jess laughed at me for washing the mugs before we used them:

We each tried one of these:

And enjoyed them. (Jess enjoyed hers so much she gave her shirt a little taste).

We went back into the shop part and bought lanyards, pouches, an autograph book, and a penny press book. The lady at the counter gave us our "First Trip" buttons, and i later attached them to our lanyards. We went back to our room and collapsed on the beds. We watched TV for a while, getting our first experience of Stacey. i had filled my mug with a frozen coke, which i'd never had before and quite enjoyed, but i hadn't thought to get a straw. So i was mostly poking it with my finger every time i wanted some, and eventually it had to happen: i was lying down on the bed and dumped a good portion of the frozen coke onto my chest. Great. Now we both have dirty shirts and, as our luggage has yet to arrive from ME, nothing to change into, with ressies for 'Ohana looming.

Will we go to dinner in dirty shirts? Will we enjoy 'Ohana?

Old 02-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #15
gellybean
DIS Veteran

The dirty shirt thing is so me. I joke that I have to feed my girls too!

Hurry up already! Geesh.

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: