Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #871
donaldsgal
First row for Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, and Space Mountain please!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #872
packerbeth
Mouseketeer

Last edited by packerbeth; 05-02-2009 at 04:14 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #873
maroo
DIS Veteran

Hello!!

I have loved your TR so far.

I know of TWO families that went to Disney that week on Make a Wish trips...Horrible, horrible rain. I feel for you! And I am so excited that you were flexible and enjoyed your time anyway.

I might actually check out that tour when I go in Jan 2010. I might be on a solo trip myself!! And doing the half!

So, I am dying to know...did you do MK EMH? Or did you go home and go to sleep?!

Are you planning to do a TR about your Marathon weekend? That would be cool, too!!

anyway...just wanted you to know that you still have readers!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #874
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Okey doke so after Fantasmic I remember texting with Mel and I decided I would meet up with her and Bob over at MK for EMH. I got myself out of DHS and on a bus to MK. At least I think that is how it all went down.

I did get to MK and got my EMH bracelet. We were going to meet over by the HM. I had never been to an EMH before, it was more crowded than I would have expected. We found each other after a few minutes and got in line for HM. I believe at this point Z and Yani were with us too, they were other Fockers. I think Kat had gone off with her friends, I don't recall her riding HM with us. We would see her later. It looked like a very long line for HM but really it moved quickly. I have to say as weird as it can be sometimes meeting folks you have only talked to online, Mel and Bob made me feel like I'd known them a very long time. Both were so warm and genuine and fun. I don't know if it was the New England connection or what but I felt really at ease with them. Thanks Mel and Bob! Mel and I sat together on the ride and chatted about our kids and such, it was fun!

After we headed I think towards Splash and Big Thunder. I had to ride Splash, it wouldn't be MK without it. So Z and Yani came with us, I believe this was when Kat went towards Space with her friends who wanted to ride that. Splash was great, always is, and it is fun at night in the dark. It is my favorite ride, could never get enough!

Did we ride Big Thunder? To be honest, I don't know? I can't remember! I do think this was when I decided to head back home. I was tired and had a rope drop to make the next morning. We said our goodbyes and I took the long way, meandering through Fantasyland just taking in the vibe of my happy place!

On the way out I stopped at the Main Street Bakery. Why? Pretty much just because I could! No tired kids, no need to be in a total hurry, I decided since I could, I would. I got an Apple Juice, Cherry Turnover and a Rice Krispie Mickey Head (for another time, just have to get one every time I go!). The bakery was crowded I remember, a long line. Amazing the things people will eat at midnight. It was 12:36am according to my receipt. The latest I've ever made it in a Disney park! Woo Hoo! Side note: I still have not made it to the Kiss Goodnight. Perhaps another trip? I said my goodbyes to MK as I would not be back. No tears though, January wouldn't be too far off. As I walked out on Main Street I realized the next time I would be here I would be RUNNING down Main Street. Exciting thought!

I bussed it to Pop and hit the hay. I had an early rope drop planned and needed to be up. I would be meeting a fellow Tour Guide Mike-er for a ride on Soarin' first thing and later in the day meeting up with one of my best friends from college! There will be much walking, soooo much walking, much heat and humidity and sushi! This next installment will have pictures as I remembered to bring my camera this day!

Side side note: Our January Half Marathon trip was fantastic! I may just tack a short report onto this one for that. Really great, loved The Yacht Club (though I would never pay top dollar for it). And the trip with just Belle is already booked for August as the ticker shows. We are having a hard time with an itinerary though. She wants to venture off---blasphemy----and see more than just Disney. Deep breaths, not sure I can do this!

Allyson
Old 02-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #875
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Nice to see you back! Yea that Mel & bob are pretty darn cool peoples!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #876
donaldsgal
First row for Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, and Space Mountain please!

Great to have you back! How fun to be able to stop and do what you want no matter the time. Envying the sushi you're about to tell us about!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:50 AM   #877
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Congrats on finishing the half marathon. Glad that trip was fantastic. Please do tack on a short TR for that one!!

Your evening in the MK sounds fun. It's neat meeting the people that you "know" online. Looking forward to hearing about the next day.

Woo hoo for your trip w/Belle. But venture off Disney property??

Old 02-12-2009, 05:55 AM   #878
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Yeah what a great update!!! I loved MK at night, one of my favorite things is the parks at night!!!

Congrats on the marathon!!! Can't wait to hear about that!!!!

Oohh...Girls trip...sounds like a great time!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 02-12-2009, 06:25 AM   #879
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

She's back! Great update! More! More!

I'd love to hear about your Marathon Trip Report!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 02-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #880
CJsMom

Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Yay, an update! Please do tack on some quickie reports about the half-marathon - would love to hear about it.

And woo-hoo, another trip in August with Belle! I'm sure you can convince her that no matter what she's heard from her friends, there is absolutely nothing else worth seeing in Florida.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #881
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Just wanted to say thanks for posting a solo trip report. I leave in 15 days and getting a little nervous!

I enjoyed your trip report so far!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #882
syp4dis
Mouseketeer

I've enjoyed reading about your adventure and look forward to the rest. We're heading there in 69 days and your story has only added to my excitement.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #883
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

I just wanted to say Hi! It's been awhile, and when I went back to do an update on my TR, it was closed down!

So, I will be writing soon to let all of my favorite DISsers know what's happening, and in the mean time I will be reading your adventures!

Hope you are well- talk to you soon!!

Old 02-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #884
maroo
DIS Veteran

HI there!!

I just wanted to let you know that I just got back from a semi solo trip this week! It was totally impromptu! But I had about 3 days in the World by myself...and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip, too!!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #885
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
HI there!!

I just wanted to let you know that I just got back from a semi solo trip this week! It was totally impromptu! But I had about 3 days in the World by myself...and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip, too!!
Whoo-hoo! I leave soon for mine. Trip report, please!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: