Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #271
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
OOOOOH...I'm so jealous!!! How fun!!! This is going to be one heck of a TR!!! I can't wait!!!
Awww thank you!!!! I'm so glad you stopped by and are enjoying my report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
I showed Belle your trip report tonight. Everytime that cute little gnome showed up in a picture she would squeal 'NO-ME'. (We're working on the 'B' sound. )

BIG NEWS- We are going to Disney on Ice, Jen! My little girl is finally going to see The Big Cheese in person! I'm so excited.
That is HUGE NEWS!! Huge GOOD news!! I'm so excited for you and for Belle...I want to see a ton of pictures you hear me...TON of pictures and I will want a play by play!! I'm so happy YAY!!!

NO-ME okay that is just priceless completely and utterly priceless!! Tell Belle I said Hi!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 02-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #272
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

sad about the postponement but I hope it helps your mother.

nice your going sooner.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2009, 01:13 AM   #273
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Hello there! I took tonight and got all caught up on your TR - which is fantastic! I love the adventures with Nobby. Those pics with Snow White are priceless. I also love the one of him tucked into bed. I half expected to see him with the tiara on... And speaking of the tiara, what sweethearts to send you that gift package!!!!

I'm VERY excited that you are joining LL for a few days! Jen, LL and Nobby - woooooo, that is gonna be a GREAT TR!!!!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #274
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
sad about the postponement but I hope it helps your mother.

nice your going sooner.
HELLO!!!!!!!! Thanks for your well wishes for my mother!! We are really hoping the surgery will help her too!!!

Yes I'm very excited about my May trip!! It's going to be great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Hello there! I took tonight and got all caught up on your TR - which is fantastic! I love the adventures with Nobby. Those pics with Snow White are priceless. I also love the one of him tucked into bed. I half expected to see him with the tiara on... And speaking of the tiara, what sweethearts to send you that gift package!!!!

I'm VERY excited that you are joining LL for a few days! Jen, LL and Nobby - woooooo, that is gonna be a GREAT TR!!!!!!
HELLO!!!!!

Would it surprise you if I told you I totally tried to put the tiara on Nobby but it just wouldn't stay!! A lot of my outfits I made for him were flops...it was devastating, however with that in mind I have gotten smarter and now I've begun making some custom things for Nobby LOL...He's getting his own little gift when I see him next its going to be great!!!

Soleil and LL are definitely sweethearts! They are fantastic!!

Oh...me, LL, and Nobby things are going to get interesting fast...LL and I have many plans to suprise the gnome with that he has no idea about LOL!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #275
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
BIG NEWS- We are going to Disney on Ice, Jen! My little girl is finally going to see The Big Cheese in person! I'm so excited.
That is so exciting!! Which show are you going to? I went to 100 years of magic for my birthday in November. If you want a peek, there are pics on my TR on page 13 and a video on page 12. This was a great show although I know others have said the other shows are of course great too.

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 02-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #276
penguingirlie
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful trip report. I love hearing all about Nobby. What a troublemaker he is!
September 2007 Pop Century for DD's first trip!!!
May 2009 First Trip as Family of 4!

[/url]Me(31) DH (36) DD (3) DS (2)
Old 02-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #277
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguingirlie View Post
What a wonderful trip report. I love hearing all about Nobby. What a troublemaker he is!
Aww first of all WELCOME and HELLO!!!! Thank you so much!! I hope to have more about Nobby up really really soon!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #278
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awww thanks!!!! And Congratulations to you...the now MRS.!!!!!! School...oh good luck with that...I know its hard and I'll be thinking of you!!

I know time flew by so fast soon it will be summer and the cycle will start all over again. I find as a teacher I don't think in terms of January as a new year...August is my new year LOL and I can't believe the year is more than half over that is just crazy!

Yeah I'm going to be a bit Disney Spoiled...I'm very blessed!! Although I need to live it up now because when we move to Austin, its going to be a very long time before I get back...but it will be well worth it!
Thanks! I know it'll fly by before I know it. And I still think as "years" starting in August too!!! My parents are both in education and I'm still in school....what can I say? YES--LIVE IT UP!!! I know what you mean. Being in OK/TX makes it hard to go often. I'll be lucky if I go every 2-4 years. The last time I went was in 06. But I love living here, and we get to do other cool vacations, so it all evens out!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 02-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #279
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Update!!!! Update!!!!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 02-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #281
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Update!!!! Update!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm working on it I'm working on it LOL!! Tomorrow should be a slow day so as long as I remember my links I will get something up for you!

Old 02-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #282
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm working on it I'm working on it LOL!! Tomorrow should be a slow day so as long as I remember my links I will get something up for you!
Yayayayayaya!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #283
MEK
DIS Veteran

Jen -

I am ALL caught up on Day 1. Wow - Are you sure you just finished day 1???? What a great report so far.

I am also very excited for your future trips - on with LL and one with Paula and Christine. So much for you to look forward to. I wish I could drive to Disney. I would be there every 3 months! Wait - that's about how often you are going this year!

Hope your mom has a speedy recovery!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #284
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Jen -

I am ALL caught up on Day 1. Wow - Are you sure you just finished day 1???? What a great report so far.

I am also very excited for your future trips - on with LL and one with Paula and Christine. So much for you to look forward to. I wish I could drive to Disney. I would be there every 3 months! Wait - that's about how often you are going this year!

Hope your mom has a speedy recovery!
Awww MEK!!! Thanks for stopping by!! I know how has it been that I have been down here for almost three years and I have only been twice...it is time to rectify that ASAP LOL!!! Especially since we are moving LOL OTTV!!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #285
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Chapter 8: Breakfast with Mickey and the Crew

Chapter 8: Breakfast with Mickey and the Crew

Day 2: Early Morning

It’s Saturday, another week has gone by!! I hope you all had a good week or at least a good ending to your week. Last night I headed out to go make Valentine’s Day cards and today I have a baby shower so I needed to make sure I got this update up for you guys. I hope C will forgive me being a few hours late on my promise to have this up by Friday at midnight LOL!! I didn’t get home as early as I hoped from making my cards, but it is up bright and early Saturday morning. So let’s begin Day 2 of Nobby and I’s special Disney adventures.

Sweet dreams and a good night’s sleep were exactly what Nobby and I needed and that is exactly what we got. The next morning we had a very early wake-up call because we had a very important date with Mickey Mouse. If you read my PTR you know that I decided to do quite a few character meals. I had two reasons for this, 1) in all my trips to Disney prior to this I had only meant a grand total of 4 characters and that just wasn’t going to cut it this trip and 2) I wanted to avoid long lines for character greets if possible, if I had already met the character and I didn’t want to say hi again I didn’t have to if the wait for them was a gazillion hours long. So we did a couple of early character breakfast meals, you see Nobby and I are both morning people, we both really enjoyed getting up taking our time to get ready and still have time to be at the park’s before opening. We are definitely rope drop people Nobby and I!!! So after a shower and getting ready, Nobby and I called for a cab! Wait a minute…did you say a cab?? Don’t you have a rental car with you…why yes I do, however the logistics of this day were going to be the end of me so I decided it would just be easier to take a cab to the Contemporary. Trying to figure out how I was going to park at the TTC, get on a monorail, and get to the Contemporary by 7:10 in the morning was giving me a headache. So I called a taxi LOL!! The taxi driver was very courteous and in no time we were checking in at Chef Mickey’s. Check-In was fairly stress free; I received my buzzer and was told I could have my picture taken which I did with my own camera. The very nice CM photographer told me not to bother with their photo it wouldn’t be worth it for one person LOL!

Our wait to get a seat took only about five minutes. At this point the restaurant was fairly empty, of course it wouldn’t stay this way.

Nobby immediately wanted to have a cup of coffee.

However, I may enjoy an early morning but a gnome hyped up on caffeine before 8 am was not in my plans so I ordered Nobby a glass of orange juice instead and promised him we would share a soda later on in the day. Thank goodness this gnome is a compromiser or we would have had a lot of issues LOL! Our server was Jonathan and he more than happily explained how the buffet would work, what characters would come, and agreed to help Nobby and I out with pictures when the characters came out. Then he told me I could go help myself to the food. I love breakfast food and I had heard some great things about this buffet and I was really looking forward to the breakfast pizza and the potatoes.

So I grabbed some bacon, breakfast potatoes, three cheese omelet, a slice of breakfast pizza, tater tots, and of course a Mickey Waffle. The food was warm, fresh, and really really good. My favorite item was the breakfast pizza; Nobby really enjoyed the tater tots LOL! At this time the characters began to arrive, Nobby and I were both very excited.

First was Goofy

Along came Mickey, now Mickey was a hoot!! Mickey immediately noticed I was wearing a shirt with him on it and wanted a closer look at it! I explained to Mickey that a friend had made it for me and that it was of two of my favorite things him and the Haunted Mansion. I told Mickey he and I were going to go ride the ride together many times today. He acted frightened but I told him the ghosts were all friendly and that I would protect him. He then gave me a great big hug!! It was awesome!! Paula’s design totally got a shout out by the “Big Cheese” himself LOL!

Next came Donald, he was funny! He got upset because I had Mickey on my shirt and not him LOL!!! To smooth things over I asked him how Daisy was this morning and he told me she was still sleeping. Apparently Daisy is not a morning duck LOL!!!

(Side Note: Yes I’m wearing layers, it was so cold that morning BRRRRRRRR)

Then Minnie came along. She is such a gorgeous mouse! She and I discussed Mickey and the weather…she was a bit cold too. I don’t blame her that dress has no protection against the wind at all.

At this point it was time for the famous twirling napkin dance. So everyone grabbed their napkins, well not everyone I actually grabbed my camera, but Nobby totally represented our table with a twirling napkin. And we watched as the kids and the characters twirled, twirled, and twirled some more

After napkin twirling I decided to get another plate of food, however this time I wanted to go for lighter fare. I didn’t want to stuff me and Nobby silly because we had a very special date for a late lunch with a famous Hollywood restaurant at DHS. So I just grabbed us some fruit and a hardboiled egg.

We were only waiting for one more character to come by, Mickey’s faithful friend, Pluto. Pluto was a hoot he danced with me and really enjoyed it when I scratched behind his ears. He was a very sweet fellow.

Then breakfast was done. Nobby and I were both full on good food and merry with excitement from the characters. Chef Mickey’s was a wonderful experience for the both of us. We quickly settled our bill and decided to head to the Magic Kingdom. It was about 8:15ish and that would get us to the park with enough time to find a great spot for the opening show and time to make our plans for what attractions we wanted to make sure we rode first thing in the morning. So how would we be getting to the Magic Kingdom well by monorail of course LOL!!! Nobby was beyond thrilled, see if he can get all kinds of excited about riding the monorail for the first time, it was a good thing I didn’t give him that coffee. He was already all jittery about riding this amazing transportation tool LOL!!!

So does Nobby really enjoy his first Monorail ride? IS there heat in these things? Does the monorail really have its own smell? Is it possible to take a good photo from a moving vehicle?? Well you guessed it, find out next time LOL!!!! Have a great and happy Saturday from me and Nobby!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: