Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #511
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlemonkeys View Post
Does anyone know if there are blowdryers in the rooms, or do I need to bring one? We are going tomorrow....
Yes there are hairdyers in the rooms. Have a great time! (Jealous)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #512
threelittlemonkeys
Mouseketeer

Thanks Andrew...
threelittlemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #513
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

We leave in 8 days ( ) for our very first stay at POR. I'm enjoying seeing all these pictures...some of them are absolutely breathtaking!!!

Adults only, 40th birthday trip for my sis Oct 2013
pixiefairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #514
lz1982
Earning My Ears

Riverside Week of 1/24-1/30

I was there last week--great place! We were actually accidentally booked here (had intended to book FQ), but I was very happy with the "mistake"!

Main building with the lobby and all restaurants:

Our building, Acadian House in the Magnolia Bend section:

Room interior. Only complaint, pillows are very soft/squishy, so if you like firm pillows, you may want to bring your own.

Have fun!
lz1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #515
KJ and Crew
Mouseketeer

Ahh, these beautiful Magnolia Bend rooms are more my style; I'm not a big fan of the Alligator Bayou quilts! But that is where we will be since we need the trundle bed for our 3rd child. It's doable!

When we heard the pool was going to be closed, we considered re-locating with added expense... but as I look at the pictures of this campus, I can't get over all this natural beauty! It's amazing!!

This thread has helped me get even more excited for our trip, thanks for the pics! I'm really looking forward to being at POR!

See you there!!

KJ and Crew

Mom , Dad , DS9 , DD8 , DS6

Aug 2007 (off-site) MK and SW
Feb. 2009 POR
Dec. '09 - Jan. '10: off-site AND Poly
Feb. 2010: SSR, BCV, and AKV (trip during blizzard!!)

COMING SOON!!!:
June 25 - July 5 2010: off-site AND Contemporary!!!
KJ and Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #516
lz1982
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ and Crew View Post
When we heard the pool was going to be closed, we considered re-locating with added expense... but as I look at the pictures of this campus, I can't get over all this natural beauty!
Luckily there are five other pools, plus the big one at FQ. And the quiet pools are not super-quiet--there were certainly kids splashing and playing in them while I was there.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:45 AM   #517
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefairy View Post
We leave in 8 days ( ) for our very first stay at POR. I'm enjoying seeing all these pictures...some of them are absolutely breathtaking!!!
Could I ask if the folks who are going to POR imminently [not jealous, honest...] could maybe pop back here when they return to update us? Or the main POR FAQ Thread. Things like info on the main pool and/or possible Alligator Bayou pool closures, the Boatwright's breakfast situation, and especially whether Disney have temporarily closed some of the accommodation buildings during this quiet period (and which ones).

Many thanks, and have a great time!

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #518
TinkPearl
Another Whole Year?!? :'(

We leave for POR in 2 days and will be there until the 14th....I'll try to come here and update when I get back.

TinkPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #519
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

This is a great thread! I have just sit and read the whole thing! We are going to Riverside for the first time in May abd this has got me so excited!

Have shown my DH all the pictures and he wants to stay in a mansion . . . does anyone know which ones are nearest to the food court?

Thanks!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Pooh's-Honey-Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #520
lz1982
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
Have shown my DH all the pictures and he wants to stay in a mansion . . . does anyone know which ones are nearest to the food court?
I think it's Magnolia Terrace and Oak Manor, but the difference would only be a couple minutes. Also, within those buildings, certain rooms would be much closer than others, so I'm not sure of the best room #s. The Unofficial Guide has listings of the most convenient rooms.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #521
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Disney Kid View Post
I see your going to the World in Nov. Just a suggestion, but you should definitely do Mickeys Christmas Party and do NOT miss the Christmas Castle lights!!
What is HDR'ing pictures???????????
Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #522
DaveStroem
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1tinkfans View Post
What is HDR'ing pictures???????????

HDR is High Dynamic Range photography. You take multiple exposures of the same image, some overexposed, some underexposed and some properly exposed. You then combine the images with software like Photomatix or DynamicPhotoHDR.

What happens is that it picks up the highlights from the underexposed images and the shadow details from the overexposed images.

BTW a tripod is almost a requirement for HDR.

There is also pseudo HDR which is from a single image. It is also best to shoot in RAW mode as this has much more data captured then what a Jpeg does.

some sites
http://www.hdrsoft.com/
http://www.mediachance.com/hdri/index.html

Dave

Top 10 Tips for Disney Noobies
RideMax Users Thread
DaveStroem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #523
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
Probably the very end water-view rooms in Oak Manor or Parterre Place, just cross over the bridge and turn right and you're at the food court area. Or the other end of Magnolia Terrace and across two bridges via Ol' Man Island. There's not a lot in it to be honest, but all of the mansion buildings are quite large and the furthest rooms can be quite a trek back.

There's a room-by-room layout plan of all the Mansion Buildings at www.portorleans.org/magnolia-bend.htm if that helps.

Andre

Last edited by andrewilley; 02-09-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #524
monami7
DIS Veteran

We are booked at POR next month and I can't decide. We have a request in for the mansions but now after looking at pictures I am not sure. AB looks neat too...
Old 02-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #525
Nie0214
DIS Veteran

From my walk from POFQ on Feb 1:

Nie0214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: