Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #466
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
My dogs have the same problem!
Oh, they're even more sensitive, aren't though? Don't dogs have infinitely keener hearing than human beings?
Old 02-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #467
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

When I left off last we were in the magical hallway outside Playhouse Disney. Our touring plan called for seeing the next showing of the Little Mermaid. I knew that was out. I really wanted to ride Toy Story Midway Mania so that meant we would stay in DHS at least thru lunch then ride. It was really clear to me that the nighttime shows were going to be out for the rest of the vacation. And if that was the case, there wasn’t much sense in staying to see the Block Party Bash Parade as I figured it would be really loud. That didn’t leave us much to do in DHS. But my mind was working for once and I did figure out how we could save our evening….but I’ll get to that later.
So with little that we could do attraction-wise we decided to go to the one thing that had been a hit on this vacation…..a kiddie playground. We headed off to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. Too bad it hadn’t opened up yet! We decided to walk over to Pixar Place and really look around.

In the above picture….see how there looks to be a shuttered window and then a little ledge? Well I read somewhere that the Pixar ball is/was suppose to come out that window and bounce up and down.

Here’s the Pixar ball so you know what I’m talking about.

By the way….the Pixar ball has been in every Pixar movie. Just like the Pizza Planet truck and how John Ratsenberger has been a voice in every Pixar movie.

And to the right in that picture….the round brick work….not brick work…it’s a speaker! Clever Imagineers!

At the little Pixar Gift nook (it’s not big enough to be a store) I spied this guy….one of my all time favorite characters!

You’ll be happy to know that Wheezy’s squeaker works! ($11.95)

And I got this for Liam:

It plays music when you squeeze it. ($7.95)

From there we headed back over to the playground. There were only a couple kids in there and we were able to find a little area that was a dead end and things on a smaller scale so Liam could climb and run around.

I think we had a good 20-25 minutes of that section of the playground basically to ourselves. And Liam enjoyed it very much! A show or something nearby must have ended because the playground got flooded with older kids.

Time for us to move on.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #468
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Got to love HISTK playset, I can't wait to have some time in there! So glad Liam liked playing there and you had some time for him to enjoy....I suspect if you go to AK, he may like the Boneyard?

I think Micheal will have a new addition to his Toy Story Collection in that Wheezie plush!

The PIXAR area was still under construction in June, so that whole side across from TSM was gated off. I'm, looking forward to seeing what is there in March OH and I was at the Disney Store over the weekend w/ Aldine exchanging a c-mas gift, when I heard a CM telling another guest about how TS1 & 2 are being re-leased to the show! How exciting.

Plus thanks for the sneak peek of the ball window...we'll look for that!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #469
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Wow great update!! Thanks for pointing out the details of Pixar Place...I never knew about the ledge or any of those things. It will give me something to look for next time I go lol

Looks like Liam was having a great time at the playground!! Can't wait to see what you planned for the evening!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 02-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #471
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love all your Pixar Place photos -- I always feel warm and fuzzy seeing anything from Toy Story since it was one of Chelsea's favorite movies when she was little!

I LOVE that you got a Weezy (and that his squeaker works)!

Liam looks so happy playing away on the HISTK playground.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #472
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Zachary LOVED the HISTK playground. Alex was so into ToT that we had to find something for Zachary to do at DHS. I'm sure we'll be back.

Great pictures of Pixar Place. None of that was visible at all when we were last there. I can't wait to check it out.

I'm glad Liam got to run off some steam. Can't wait to hear about your plans to save the evening.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #473
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

I went and pulled out my HS map today because I had no clue where the HISTK playground was. There were so many people there the day we were, I really missed a lot of details...big and small!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #475
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I'm surpised HISTK play area wasn't open when you first tried. On our last trip we go there right at opening and I think all we did was Star Tours before heading over and it was open. They couldn't go in the netting because it was wet, but everything else was open. I love going in there at that time because there's hardly anyone in there. That place can get so crazy later in the day.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 02-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #476
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Heidi,

For next time: Maybe Liam would tolerate the loudness better if he wore ear plugs (the soft, squishy kind) or even ear phones....he'll be a bit bigger the next time you go, so he just might wear them for you! (There is going to be a next time, right?)

Billy can't do fireworks without them and I can't do Dinosaur without them, either!

on the HISTK playground...he looks like he's really having fun!

Kathy
Old 02-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #479
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

When my DD was a toddler, she's now 12!, that was her favorite playground!
Sigh, I miss those days!

Great update!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #480
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Got to love HISTK playset, I can't wait to have some time in there! So glad Liam liked playing there and you had some time for him to enjoy....I suspect if you go to AK, he may like the Boneyard?

I think Micheal will have a new addition to his Toy Story Collection in that Wheezie plush!

The PIXAR area was still under construction in June, so that whole side across from TSM was gated off. I'm, looking forward to seeing what is there in March OH and I was at the Disney Store over the weekend w/ Aldine exchanging a c-mas gift, when I heard a CM telling another guest about how TS1 & 2 are being re-leased to the show! How exciting.

Plus thanks for the sneak peek of the ball window...we'll look for that!
The Toy Story movies are a couple of my all time favorite movies.....I can't wait for Number 3 to come out. Thank god Disney bought Pixar or we might have never gotten the chance for TS3!

Lion King and Beauty and the Beast are being re-released on DVD for Christmas 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Wow great update!! Thanks for pointing out the details of Pixar Place...I never knew about the ledge or any of those things. It will give me something to look for next time I go lol

Looks like Liam was having a great time at the playground!! Can't wait to see what you planned for the evening!!
We may never see Luxo Jr. bounce out that window....but it was fun to try where it might happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Great details about Pixar Place. I love all the little details you always point out.
We had a lot of time to really look around this trip!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: