Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2009, 07:55 AM   #211
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I love the pictures of Snow White and Nobby. My dd got all excited when she saw you with Goofy. She ran and got her coat and said, "I'm ready mama, let's go see Goofy." She was sad when I told her that Goofy lives far away but she was ok with just watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Awww...that is too cute!! I'm sorry she didn't get to see Goofy this morning, but glad she was good with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...great show by the way!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 01-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #212
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awww...that is too cute!! I'm sorry she didn't get to see Goofy this morning, but glad she was good with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...great show by the way!!!!!
She loves Playhouse Disney.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #213
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Love snow white with the little guy...
Maybe we can pass him around to visit all us snowbirds!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #214
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
Love snow white with the little guy...
Maybe we can pass him around to visit all us snowbirds!!!!!!!!!
I just adore that picture of Snow White and Nobby!! It is amazing, going out to find myself a frame for that picture, maybe I'll find one on Disney Shopping LOL

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 01-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #215
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

HEY JENNY! We are finally home! IT was soooo great to finally meet you! Gotta go and do laundry and get back to normal! I hope to catch up on all your adventures over the next few days! Looks like you have quite the following!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #216
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
HEY JENNY! We are finally home! IT was soooo great to finally meet you! Gotta go and do laundry and get back to normal! I hope to catch up on all your adventures over the next few days! Looks like you have quite the following!
My Kim!!! Yay!! So glad you got home safe I was saying a prayer for ya!!! Ewwww to the Laundry...got to love that I was posting on your tr the same time you were posting on mine!!

And I'm not sure its me that has the following see there is this cute gnome who well we'll let people guess if you got to meet him or not LOL!!!! I think they are hear cuz they all secretly have a crush on Nobby LOL!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!!

Old 01-31-2009, 03:24 PM   #217
coffeehousemom
Mouseketeer

Jen I am so happy that you had such an awesome first day!! While you were dancing it up with Goofy I was sound asleep in the car heading home sicker than a dog with an awful cold/sinus thing. We left the world about the time you got there & Chuck said I was asleep minutes after we left the property. I didn't wake up till Georgia. We had to leave a day earlier due to bad weather headed our way back home. Chuck didn't want to be driving in it he wanted us home before it hit.

Love the pics we had awesome character interaction too.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #218
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeehousemom View Post
Jen I am so happy that you had such an awesome first day!! While you were dancing it up with Goofy I was sound asleep in the car heading home sicker than a dog with an awful cold/sinus thing. We left the world about the time you got there & Chuck said I was asleep minutes after we left the property. I didn't wake up till Georgia. We had to leave a day earlier due to bad weather headed our way back home. Chuck didn't want to be driving in it he wanted us home before it hit.

Love the pics we had awesome character interaction too.
Awww...I'm so sorry you had to leave a day earlier and that you were sick to boot!!!! I hope you did have a great time on your vacation...I hope to hear all about it!!!

I had a great first day and the days after were just as great!! I can't wait until my next trip and the fact I get to share it with friends!! We are going to have a great time!!!

Glad you made it home safe Kayte!!

Old 01-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #219
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hey Jen! I haven't been posting, but I've been reading. I got on the laptop twice this past week and was able to catch up. Great TR so far! I love the pics, so keep them coming! I'll be starting mine soon.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 01-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #220
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hey Jen! I haven't been posting, but I've been reading. I got on the laptop twice this past week and was able to catch up. Great TR so far! I love the pics, so keep them coming! I'll be starting mine soon.
YAY!! Thanks for stopping by Meghan!!! I can't wait to start reading your TR...I hope you guys had a great trip!!!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #221
iluv2go2disney
Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney World

Hey! I followed you over from my TR. It sounds like you and Nobby had a great trip. I love the pic of you and Goofy hugging. I got one with Minnie like that. The picture of Snow White kissing Nobby is adorable. I'm sure it was one of his favorites. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #222
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2go2disney View Post
Hey! I followed you over from my TR. It sounds like you and Nobby had a great trip. I love the pic of you and Goofy hugging. I got one with Minnie like that. The picture of Snow White kissing Nobby is adorable. I'm sure it was one of his favorites. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Awww thanks for stopping by!!! I'm hopefully going to get more up soon (I seem to say that a lot...less dising more updating LOL) I love all the surprises your hubby had for you!!! He was way too sweet and he's definitely a keeper!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #223
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

hmmmm weren't we promised an update.... uhhhh yesterday
Old 02-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #224
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Chapter 7: EPCOT at Night

First of all I must apologize to you all for the delay!! I never intended on making you wait this long, so please accept my humble apology! Secondly, this is the second time I have started this update, I had almost half of the update written at work during my lunch hour today and I saved it to my flash drive before leaving work, any guesses as to wear that flash drive is right now…that’s right still in the computer…YAY! So I’m going to try to rewrite this chapter because I really want to get this out to you all this evening!!
As many of you know Nobby has made it safely to LL’s house and apparently is having a wicked good time up there. LL, keep your eye on him and lock up that liquor cabinet LOL!!! Crazy Devil that Nobby is, either way I know he is in really good hands and I’m excited for him and his adventures with the rest of the Marcettes!

Well the last time I left you Nobby just finished having his most magical moment with Snow White. Nobby did not want to leave her, he didn’t understand the whole there are people behind us that deserve a turn. He tried to convince me to leave him with Snow White, but I wasn’t about to have any of that, I’m too protective of my gnome and I was not going to just hand him over to a stranger, princess or not!! Nobby didn’t like that one bit and was about to throw a terror of a fit when I made a promise to him. I reminded Nobby that he would be coming back very soon and that I would make sure to tell each of the Marcettes that Nobby must meet Snow White on each trip. (So ummm…ladies…you hear that find the gnome Snow White ASAP LOL…capiche??) Nobby felt that was an okay solution and calmed down.

Nobby and I then backtracked a bit. We decided we should see if we could ride the Maelstrom without a lot of wait. Lucky us, the wait was non-existent and we rode amongst the trolls. The ride was fun as usual; of course I always enjoy the polar bears. They are one of my favorite animals so I love that scene. We exited the boat and quickly walked through the movie, I have seen that once and that was pretty much enough for me. Once again we were lucky in that the movie hadn’t started yet. Next we decided to explore the gift shop and found this guy…

Wow…gnomes are definitely cuter than trolls in my book!!! I did let Nobby give it a quick kiss for good luck unfortunately its not easy to help an 8 inch gnome kiss a gigantic troll and take a picture at the same time.
Soon we were on our way to the other side of World Showcase. I being the good friend that I am realized that Nobby was probably getting a bit cranky and getting tired, he had been up since 2am so I suggested that he take a nap in his carrying vehicle. He readily agreed as long as I promised not to jostle him around…geez what a picky gnome. Fine, I agreed to keep the jostling to a minimum and Nobby took a nap while I explored the rest of EPCOT at night.

Isn’t that just a gorgeous picture! I just love exploring the parks at night! There is a special magic about the parks in the dark that I just enjoy! I took a few moments to enjoy the view across the lagoon before heading out to explore the different pavilions. It was a nice relaxing moment for me, I was really here at Disney on my magical trip and so far it had been everything I had imagined and so much more!

Then it was time to continue exploring the pavilions. I wasn’t really in the mood to do any more rides or shows I just wanted to enjoy EPCOT in all its beauty and be out of there before Illuminations. Illuminations was on my to do list but not my first night. I then walked over to the American pavilion. I have to say that I love the look of this pavilion. Doesn’t that building just look gorgeous at night?

I stopped for a few moments to talk to the wonderful CMs there about the show and just ask about the pavilion itself. They informed another show would be starting in about 30 minutes and I was welcome to explore. However, I was tired and it was getting a little too cold outside so I decided to keep on moving.

Here are some loving pictures of Morocco and France at Night!

Once again I took a lovely light fixture for LL!! (hehehehee…that’s like a tongue twister…okay I really do need to get to bed LOL). I just had to peak into Les Chefs because I was going to be eating there on Saturday and I was very excited about that lunch. I had never been to the patisserie before so I headed towards the back and got into line. I was excited I got to practice a bit of my French with them and ordered an apple turnover that I would save for breakfast the next morning (don’t ask I ate it before I could get a picture, I was terrible about that with my snack credits OY). Now that I had breakfast taken care of for the morning I headed to Great Britain. Off Kilter was playing so I stopped to listen to them for awhile, they are quite good, but once again exhaustion was taking its toll and I was starting to realize my wonderful night at EPCOT was drawing to a close.

Here is a lovely photo I took in Canada. This is a replica of Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec. I had the privilege of visiting the real thing this past summer and it is a very gorgeous building especially at night.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Old 02-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #225
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Chapter 7 Con't

At this point in the night I said goodnight to World Showcase and ended back to Future World. I decided it would be fun to take a picture of the wait time sign…I have no idea why I think I was delirious from exhaustion and way to camera happy.

However stopping here reminded me…OH…I still have my Soarin’ fast pass. Well the time window had definitely passed however they aren’t picky about that at Disney. So I woke up Nobby and asked if he wanted to ride, of course he did. So it was time for Nobby and I to ride Soarin’!!!

The fast pass line was extremely fast although we did have a bit of a wait at the boarding gate. However, Nobby and I were in line next to a CM who works at Soarin’ but was visiting the park on her day off. So we struck up a conversation. I wouldn’t realize it at the time, but she had arranged for us and the family behind us to get front row middle seats. She and I had a great time conversing with the family behind her and I loved hearing all the tips she had for us. She made sure to tell the little boys where they could find the hidden Mickey’s during the show. I knew about the golf ball one; however I had never seen the one in the rocks during the skiing scene. Nobby and I really enjoyed being able to find that one together. I have to tell you we had the best seats in the house. There were no feet dangling, were high up, and smack dab in the middle of the screen. It was the perfect ride on Soarin’!! Nobby and I thanked the CM next to us for helping us to secure a great ride and then we decided it was time to head back to our resort.

On the way out I remembered that I had to get my free 5x7 so I stopped in the camera store and a lovely lady (I really wish I would have remembered to take down the names of the CMs I talked to, I did a great job with my waiters, oh well next time that is my goal to remember all the CMs I interacted with) who helped me design my great photo. I chose the one of me and Goofy hugging and I decorated it with Goofy’s signature.

This picture with the designs on it now sits on my desk at work! It’s a great photo!

With the picture in hand Nobby and I headed towards the parking lot but not before I noticed there was absolutely no line for Spaceship Earth. Could I pass it up, I was exhausted, but Spaceship Earth was calling my name so Nobby and I walked right on. I really do love me some Spaceship Earth, it has to be my favorite ride at EPCOT. Once again I did my future and this time I made sure I inputted different choices and it was a great time had by all involved. As soon as I got off the ride it was about 8:00ish and I knew it was time to head to Pop Century. I headed towards the gate and once again got distracted LOL (Phillip likes to refer to me as a raccoon who’s easily distracted by shiny objects) well this time it was a Photo pass photographer, so I took my final photo of the night in front of my favorite ride.

Now I really did leave. Once again after making sure Nobby was safely seat belted in I headed to Pop Century. Well the surprises of the evening weren’t over yet, because as I walked in this was waiting on the table to greet me.

What was this…a special gift, but who could have sent me a gift?? Well two very special people BellaSoleil and LL had surprised me with my own princess package. Inside was a beautiful tiara which I was told I had to wear and have photo proof of me wearing it. There was a very pretty Disney princess autograph book which would come in handy and a very cute Belle pin. I have to say I was greatly amused because during our conversation when I couldn't find Snow White, Soleil and I had discussed the fact that I didn't have an autograph book and I needed to remedy that, I can only imagine the look on her face when I said that and she knowing she had already taken care of that for me. I was flabbergasted, the gift was amazing!! I have already thanked both of them, but once again I feel the need to tell those two ladies THANK YOU so much for helping me have a perfect ending to the perfect first day at Disney. If I didn’t feel like a princess before I surely did then and I have you two to thank for it!! You are the best!

Finally it was bed time. I tucked Nobby in and gave him a good night kiss and then it was lights out and off to dreamland for the both of us.

And that my friends, is the end of Nobby and I’s First day at Disney!! So do I really wear a tiara around the parks and are their photos to prove it? Does day two have as much pixie dust as day one? Will they really let me be the volunteer to be the 1000th haunt at Disney? These questions will be answered in our next update! Until then sweet Disney dreams!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: