Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #451
jmamom
Mouseketeer

I love the sillouette - I'm definately going to do that when we go! I totally remember those sleepless nights. I always thought that those last 2-3 months of pregnancy were designed to make you so miserable that you are willing to do ANYTHING to get that baby OUT! I hope its gets better for you!

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
Old 02-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #452
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Thanks for the day 3 recap - I'm so sorry you weren't feeling the magic. It's funny... I know we've had days like that at Disney - but I think those memories fade faster than the good ones. I'm glad you have the highlights to look back on.

I always feel better going to bed being prepared for the next day.
I did try to make the best of it....but sometimes there is only so much lemonade you can drink from those lemons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I think Liam's silhouette is so adorable. I think that is a great keepsake. I am looking forward to how your next day goes.
Thanks! You're in luck...Day 4 is coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
Note to self: If Caleb wakes up early at WDW, might be in best interest to try a down day! Caleb will either be 16 mos or 28 mos depending on when we go next.
Yeah just keep it in mind if he gets way off schedule....figure out what you'll be doing at the time you think he will crash. You don't have to cancel everything...just switch stuff around. Like had it been (a lot) warmer that day we could have gone to a water park or played in the resort pool after he had a nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Liam's silhouette is awesome, and the certificate is too cute!
I have you to thank for the silhouette from your TR, that's how I knew about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Oh my! That 1st Haircut Certificate is so sweet! (Frame it or scrapbook it??)

And I never even thought about scanning the silhouettes and posting them... you are so clever!

Kathy
I think the certificate will just go in his baby box since I don't really scrapbook. Plus I have his lock of hair to go with it.
I was scanning something for the next update and the silhouette was right there (along with the hair cut cert and a bunch of other stuff that I still haven't put away yet!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Not that I've had that experience or anything. Just trying to say, I empathize.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I can't wait to hear more about your trip hopefully you find some Disney magic at some point!!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I've never taken a real little one to Disney (our youngest was almost 3 the first time we went), but I imagine it can be real tricky. I hope you had some magical moments on upcoming days.
I thought I had prepared for the worst....but I guess I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
I love the sillouette - I'm definately going to do that when we go! I totally remember those sleepless nights. I always thought that those last 2-3 months of pregnancy were designed to make you so miserable that you are willing to do ANYTHING to get that baby OUT! I hope its gets better for you!
You get two silhouette for the price of one so it could be a great gift for a grandparent too.

Isn't that the truth about pregancy....you can be all worried and nervous for months about the labor and delivery and by the time 9 months rolls around you don't care how it gets OUTS just as long as you can have your body back.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #453
MRYPPNS

Day Four: Wednesday October 29, 2008

Day four started out a bit early for me. I woke for good at 5am. I was still battling a cold that I had gotten 2 weeks before we left on vacation. I was taking sinus meds which helped but my cough was starting to come back. Both DH and I did sleep better that night so that was a positive and Liam didn’t wake until 6am….which was just a half hour earlier than normal at home.

We all had breakfast in the room while we got ready. In my notes it says “toaster is working out really well!” On a previous trip we tried having cereal bars for breakfast….that lasted 2 days before DH was going to the food court every morning and paying $3 for a bagel. So the $4 I spent at Wal-mart for this toaster had already paid for itself.

Liam playing with a pen before getting dressed for the cold weather we were still having.

The plan was to leave the resort at 8:45am so we would be there very close to opening but just late enough that we didn’t have to stop and wait.

Driving to the park was easy but today started a trend of us being parked at the start of a new row. I’ll try to explain. If the path you needed to take to walk to the gate was on the right side of the parking row we were sent all the way to the left to start a new row. I kid you not when I say that this happened every day for the rest of the trip…..it just became a running joke.

I scanned my touring plan that I hacked up the night before so you could see it.

I cut out anything with Characters and dark rides.

We got thru the gate with no problem. DH and I did a good job of communicating who was taking what thru security and what our mini-game plan was. We even got packing and unpacking the car to a science….which was a good thing considering all the carp we were hauling with us.

I kinda wish we had time to watch the street shows that morning but I knew that we had to head straight for Toy Story Mania if we wanted to ride it.

Disney Hollywood Studios is the only park that I still need a map for. I get so turned around in this park it’s not even funny. I know the history of how the park came to be so I understand why it’s laid out like super crap but that doesn’t help me navigate it.

Pictures from our walk to Toy Story Midway Mania!

OMG! We arrived at Pixar Place…..you should have seen the mob scene. Well you probably have if you’ve gone over there any morning since it opened. My plan was to get fastpasses for later, then jump in the stand-by line and do the Baby Switch. Well that didn’t happen. The ride wasn't operational yet that morning so there was like a 20 minute back-up of the stand-by line waiting for TSM! to open up for the day.

This is the picture of the FastPass sign I took when I first got in line.

Our FastPass return time was something like 12:30pm by the time I got them. Now I’ve made a couple of rookie mistakes in regards to being a rookie Mom at Disney….I however would never had made this mistake that I’m about to tell you about another guest.

For the most part people were really good in the FastPass lines with just sending one person to stand in line with all the park tickets for their family. In the next line over there was a woman doing just that. We both had probably been waiting about 10-15 minutes at this point in our FastPass lines, when the stand-by line for the ride began to move (the ride was now up and running). So the inside queue swallowed everyone that had been outside waiting. We both had just 2 to 3 more people in front of us before we would get our fastpasses when a man from this woman’s group comes over to get her to now go in the stand-by line without getting the FastPasses. Now maybe they usually only ride something once and that’s it but she had just stood in that FastPass line for 15 minutes….had about 2 minutes left before she got her passes for a ride later and she got out of line! What a waste! I bet she was kicking herself after she rode the ride and wanted to go again.

Our next stop was the Playhouse Disney show. I was psyched that they had recently updated this show to all the current Disney channel shows. Liam loves them all….knows all the songs and all the characters.

We were there for the first show of the day and there weren’t many people in line so we stayed out of the line in the courtyard until they opened the doors and let guests in. We very purposefully sat all the way to the right where there were exit doors and not too close to the stage…..we were thinking! There weren’t many people in there and we just about had the right section to ourselves. They were playing Disney channel music from the shows and we were playing on the floor with Liam until the show started. We were having a pretty good time!

I really thought we were good to go with this one.
.Nope! Wrong again. When the show started the lights dimmed and the music was cranked up. And I mean cranked up. I get it….I really do….I’m sure when that room is filled with little kids the sound would have to be really loud for anyone to hear it. But the room was about empty and it was loud. So we moved back on the floor some more. When the music was toned down when the characters were talking Liam would calm down so it was obvious to us that his real problem was with the loud music/noise….in this case it wasn’t so much about the dimmed lights because it really wasn’t dark in there. He continued to be upset and a nice CM came over with a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse postcard for him….Liam didn’t even want to look at it. We moved back again, this time to the very end of the floor section. That was no help so I got up and asked a CM if we could exit thru the doors on the far right. Yes we could. So we grabbed our stuff and left.

Funny thing was that door dumped us into this fancy little hallway at the Brown Derby. Talk about odd….like a magical door that transports you to a different world!

I think I should write that Liam was really quick to get over this stuff once we removed him from whatever it was that was bothering him. I don’t want you to think that we had a crying, screaming, cranky child with us the whole time. I’m not one to subject other people to that. And as we learned what was causing him to be upset or scared we tried to avoid those things as much as possible without staying in the hotel room for the remainder of the vacation.

Next Up: I get that big red marker out again and hack away some more!

Last edited by MRYPPNS; 02-02-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #454
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

On our last trip it seemed we always got to the parks shortly after rope drop and I think that's the best time. Like you said, you avoid the long lines that way, but you're still there early.

I love your Touring Plans!! So, since I have a membership to UG, I can go make those up and print them out?

I'll be curious to see if TSM has calmed down at all by the time we get there!

That's too bad about Playhouse Disney. I don't blame Liam - I hate when things are too loud! We haven't done that show yet and I'm debating whether or not to do it this time. I think my younger two would like it.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 02-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #455
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Me thinks I'm going to need to buy you a new red marker LOL!!!

I think you did just fine as a first time mommy at Disney...I can't even begin to imagine the planning that must go into that. I'm sorry Liam didn't like the loud noises at Playhouse Disney!!!

I still can't wait to hear more...another great update Heidi!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 02-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #456
Twingle
DIS Veteran

I was out of town for a few days and missed your updates! Love the silhoutte of Liam, very very cute, and not at all what I would've expected it to cost!

Great updates, and I think you were doing awesome with Liam and figuring out what he wasn't enjoying - much better than making him stay!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 02-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #458
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Hi,

sorry I got a bit behind...Mae has been sick for the past 5 days (day 3 of missed school) and Margaret has been sick too which =bad naps and restless nights for her and me...I resorted to sleeping on the couch last night when she joined DH & I in our bed

Anyways:

1st on the 90 less days of your pregancy, hope besides the sleep issues for you, things are going well. Can't wait to meet her!

2nd just love the silloutte picture of Liam, that is so precious! Now btwn you and KathyRN, I just may have to check that out in March!

3rd: I'm sorry your plans having been getting the red Xand equally sorry the DHS morning is already starting on a downer. Too bad he didn't like PHDL, I hope the day picks up, and some Disney happens soon!!!!

Scrappie (J-)
Old 02-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #459
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the whole show... no matter how much preparation you put into it, the kids always end up enjoying different things than you expect them to. Alex is pretty predictable about what he will enjoy - anything that moves fast!! But I'm so up in the air about what Zachary will like this time around. He says he wants to ride the Yeti next time we go back, and ToT, etc. But he did not enjoy those rides last time so I just don't know what to expect...

I hope you guys enjoy TSM. I know I can't wait to ride that one.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #460
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Would Liam have tolerated ear plugs? I am thinking about getting some when we take my son's kinda step kids in December, I don't know if the 5 yr old will tolerate noise well or not.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #461
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Poor Liam, I hope he enjoyed some of his trip. I would hate for him to not like Disney World. I know what you mean about the loudness. When my daughter was four at Disney we had to buy ear muffs for her because EVERYTHING was too loud for her.

I also know how you felt about parking at the end of a new row. That has happened to us so many times. You alreaday have enough walking to do without having to walk what seems like a mile to get to the end of a row.

I hope things do get better for you on the trip. I can't wait to read more.

Me DH DD DS
Old 02-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #462
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
On our last trip it seemed we always got to the parks shortly after rope drop and I think that's the best time. Like you said, you avoid the long lines that way, but you're still there early.

I now think it's the best time to get there. It's nice to see the little shows if everyone can handle the wait but it's not as important as being there when you can first go in.

I love your Touring Plans!! So, since I have a membership to UG, I can go make those up and print them out?
Yes, some a started from stratch, based on one of their plans, others I just modified.

I'll be curious to see if TSM has calmed down at all by the time we get there!
I doubt it.

That's too bad about Playhouse Disney. I don't blame Liam - I hate when things are too loud! We haven't done that show yet and I'm debating whether or not to do it this time. I think my younger two would like it.

I don't really remember it, but all the other kids seemed to like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Me thinks I'm going to need to buy you a new red marker LOL!!!

I think you did just fine as a first time mommy at Disney...I can't even begin to imagine the planning that must go into that. I'm sorry Liam didn't like the loud noises at Playhouse Disney!!!

I still can't wait to hear more...another great update Heidi!!!
All my general planning...like what to bring with us to the parks and what to have in the room went really well. I just had no idea how bably Liam would react to certain things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
I was out of town for a few days and missed your updates! Love the silhoutte of Liam, very very cute, and not at all what I would've expected it to cost!

Great updates, and I think you were doing awesome with Liam and figuring out what he wasn't enjoying - much better than making him stay!
When he was hating something I couldn't enjoy the attraction so it wasn't worth it to stay for everyone concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Your red marker sure is getting a workout.
It sure is.....but I still wouldn't go without plans. I need that base to work from.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #463
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Hi,

sorry I got a bit behind...Mae has been sick for the past 5 days (day 3 of missed school) and Margaret has been sick too which =bad naps and restless nights for her and me...I resorted to sleeping on the couch last night when she joined DH & I in our bed

Anyways:

1st on the 90 less days of your pregancy, hope besides the sleep issues for you, things are going well. Can't wait to meet her!

2nd just love the silloutte picture of Liam, that is so precious! Now btwn you and KathyRN, I just may have to check that out in March!

3rd: I'm sorry your plans having been getting the red Xand equally sorry the DHS morning is already starting on a downer. Too bad he didn't like PHDL, I hope the day picks up, and some Disney happens soon!!!!

Scrappie (J-)
Sorry the kids are sick....I know about the no sleep thing....Liam was up at 4am today.
You should so do the sillouttes of the kids....all 4 framed together would look awesome.
I kinda knew we were cooked when he didn't like Playhouse Disney....the one thing that should have been familiar to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the whole show... no matter how much preparation you put into it, the kids always end up enjoying different things than you expect them to. Alex is pretty predictable about what he will enjoy - anything that moves fast!! But I'm so up in the air about what Zachary will like this time around. He says he wants to ride the Yeti next time we go back, and ToT, etc. But he did not enjoy those rides last time so I just don't know what to expect...

I hope you guys enjoy TSM. I know I can't wait to ride that one.
Looking back I bet Liam would have enjoyed stuff like Test Track....too bad he was too little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Would Liam have tolerated ear plugs? I am thinking about getting some when we take my son's kinda step kids in December, I don't know if the 5 yr old will tolerate noise well or not.
He is too little for ear plugs. I looked online for noise cancelling headphones for kids (like Scrappie-Do's son wears) before we left for the fireworks but I couldn't find any small enough for him. If you think the 5 year old would wear them, I'd get them. You don't realize how loud EVERYTHING is until you have a child that freaked out by it. Nor did I realize how dark a lot of attractions are.....bring glow sticks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Poor Liam, I hope he enjoyed some of his trip. I would hate for him to not like Disney World. I know what you mean about the loudness. When my daughter was four at Disney we had to buy ear muffs for her because EVERYTHING was too loud for her.

I also know how you felt about parking at the end of a new row. That has happened to us so many times. You alreaday have enough walking to do without having to walk what seems like a mile to get to the end of a row.

I hope things do get better for you on the trip. I can't wait to read more.
Somethings got better, and somethings got worst.

The parking thing just became this whole joke because we would think we scored this awesome parking space and then they would flag us down to the other end. I did really like how the parking is done.....just it's angled and the rows are so long you can get your stuff in and out without really being in anyone way.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #464
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I totally understand about the dark places / loud noises thing. My DS has a total aversion to fireworks, and it's really only because they're so loud!

At least you had a good exit strategy, that's key.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #465
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
My DS has a total aversion to fireworks, and it's really only because they're so loud!
My dogs have the same problem!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: