Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #436
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Sorry for not having an update for you this past week. We had a busy week with appointments and such and now I'm in the part of my pregnancy where I don't sleep well at all anymore. I get up at least 3 times a night to pee and then have a hard time getting back to sleep.

Been There!!

Kathy
Old 02-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #437
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry for not having an update for you this past week. We had a busy week with appointments and such and now I'm in the part of my pregnancy where I don't sleep well at all anymore. I get up at least 3 times a night to pee and then have a hard time getting back to sleep.
I get so excited when I see there has been a new reply on this thread... I sit down, curl up with the laptop for a new installment

So maybe when you can't get back to sleep you could entertain us
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #438
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

We understand that your life is changing, that there comes a time when sleep goes out the window. We will be here patiently waiting for you .
Old 02-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #440
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Been There!!

Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by justplaingoofy View Post
I get so excited when I see there has been a new reply on this thread... I sit down, curl up with the laptop for a new installment

So maybe when you can't get back to sleep you could entertain us
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
We understand that your life is changing, that there comes a time when sleep goes out the window. We will be here patiently waiting for you .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sorry the sleep deprivation has started already. I'm sure you know it's nature's way of preparing you for the lack of sleep you'll get with the new baby.

We'll be here when you have the time and/or energy to update again.
Thanks for the support! I'm taking advantage of a Super Bowl that I don't really care about to write, I hope to have something up later tonight.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #441
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the support! I'm taking advantage of a Super Bowl that I don't really care about to write, I hope to have something up later tonight.
I thought I would at least watch the commercials, but I am not even doing that. I am sitting here plotting my next update -- big changes, Heidi!

Can't wait to read your next installment!
Old 02-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #442
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

When we got back from the Magic Kingdom we were in for the night. PJ’s and TV for Liam and DH. Tomorrow’s touring plan and a big red marker for me. (Well…. I only had a black pen but you know what I mean).

If I had Day Three to do over again we would have never gone to MK with how badly DH and I slept and how early Liam woke up. I say that just for the simple fact that we were going to get at the park when Liam was due for a nap because of what time he woke up…..but that never dawned on me until it was too late, it wasn’t that I wasn’t willing to be flexible…..it just didn’t cross my mind to change the plan.

What we should have done was had a relaxing morning at CBR exploring the resort, including the island in the middle of the lake and had Liam go down for his nap in the room. After that we could have headed out to Hollywood Studio’s. (The funny thing is that in my original park days plan we were scheduled to go to DHS that day.) I’ve learned my lesson.

That night I really didn’t know what to do for the next day. Part of me didn’t want to go to a park at all….I truly didn’t feel any Disney Magic. A theme that would continue thru out the vacation. But the other half of me thought that things would be different if we all got a good night of sleep and if we were more cautious with what we tried to do with Liam. Plus DHS is the land of Playhouse Disney….Liam loves, loves, loves Playhouse Disney and it should set a good tone for the day seeing characters and hearing songs that his is very familiar with.

With that I got the stroller and Liam’s things ready for the morning. I found that getting everything ready the night before worked really well for me.

Highlights of Day Three: Liam getting his first hair cut at the Main Street Barber shop and my non-melting Dole Whip.

Lowlights of Day Three: The complete meltdown at the opening show and not being able to really do any attractions.

Bonus Day Three images:

Old 02-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #443
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the day 3 recap - I'm so sorry you weren't feeling the magic. It's funny... I know we've had days like that at Disney - but I think those memories fade faster than the good ones. I'm glad you have the highlights to look back on.

I always feel better going to bed being prepared for the next day.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #444
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I think Liam's silhouette is so adorable. I think that is a great keepsake. I am looking forward to how your next day goes.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #445
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

Note to self: If Caleb wakes up early at WDW, might be in best interest to try a down day! Caleb will either be 16 mos or 28 mos depending on when we go next.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #446
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Liam's silhouette is awesome, and the certificate is too cute!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #447
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Oh my! That 1st Haircut Certificate is so sweet! (Frame it or scrapbook it??)

And I never even thought about scanning the silhouettes and posting them... you are so clever!

Kathy
Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 AM   #448
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I'm sorry to hear you're at the sleepless night stage. That was truly, one of my least favorite parts of pregnancy. The only plus side to it is that you're so close, and pretty soon we'll all be looking at pictures of your beautiful baby girl!

I know what you mean about not having felt the Disney magic. And for some reason, when we get down there, we're so wrapped up in it all, and so tired, too, that normal sense ceases to exist, and our toddlers turn into cranky little beasts!

Not that I've had that experience or anything. Just trying to say, I empathize.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #449
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awww Heidi, those keepsakes are so adorable!!! I really like the first haircut certificate.

I can't wait to hear more about your trip hopefully you find some Disney magic at some point!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 02-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #450
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Sorry you're suffering from the pregnancy nighttime pees. I so remember those days.

I've never taken a real little one to Disney (our youngest was almost 3 the first time we went), but I imagine it can be real tricky. I hope you had some magical moments on upcoming days.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: