Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #691
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nie0214 View Post
I have my yellow Magical Express tickets for my luggage. They say POP-Classic and have AK inside the Mickey Ears. I upgraded resorts to POFQ, and when I asked the CM on the phone what do I do with my luggage tags (will I get new ones, etc.) she told me to cross out POP and put POFQ.

Well I'm a little hesitant about doing that since I don't want to lose my luggage. WWYD? Would you just pickup your bags yourself and go to the DME counter? Would you cross it out and write the new resort with a marker (don't mark off on the bar code)?

I tried to search through the thread but I couldn't find anything.
The CM is correct. What is actually written on those tags, as far as resort name and area, aren't all that important. The DME baggage people see that yellow tag, grab the bag and it goes into a pile..so to speak. Then someone comes along and scans the bar codes on each tag...which in turn tells them which resort to send it to.
So...you can cross POP off, and put POFQ on, carefully. But, be sure to not touch that barcode or you may lose the bag!!! Everything they need to know is in that bar code.
Have a great time...wish I was going down!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #692
tjlemkuil
Mouseketeer

Hours of Operation

I am arriving at 11:00 P.M. on Mar 22 with my family for our first trip to WDW. Will the ME still be running at that time? Also what time can we expecto to get our luggage or should we just collect it ourselves from baggage claim?
tjlemkuil is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #693
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Yes, DME will still be running. DME is a 24 hour operation (however, late at night, they only staff if they have folks reserved with late flights). With a late flight make sure they have your flight number in their system, so that they keep staff on hand if you are delayed

The best thing for you to do is pack a carryon with what you need to go to bed and get up the next morning, then yellow tag the rest of your luggage. Then once you get to your room, you don't have to wait on your luggage. Just let Bell Services know you want your luggage delivered the next day, then head for bed!!

The next morning, get on out the door, and when you come back that afternoon or evening, your bags will be there!!
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #694
DonnyD
Earning My Ears

New to your Blog

Regarding the Magical Express - can I send my luggage to my hotel by Magical Express but actually take a Limo service to my hotel. Will the Disney people know that I sent my luggage but not me through their magical express service
DonnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:46 AM   #695
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyD View Post
Regarding the Magical Express - can I send my luggage to my hotel by Magical Express but actually take a Limo service to my hotel. Will the Disney people know that I sent my luggage but not me through their magical express service
There is a sticky...DME and luggage only...that will give you all the info you need. Check it out. And welcome to the DIS boards!!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #696
DonnyD
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
There is a sticky...DME and luggage only...that will give you all the info you need. Check it out. And welcome to the DIS boards!!
Thanks for the info - I wasn't sure where to look but I kept searching and eventually found the sticky

Last edited by DonnyD; 02-02-2009 at 07:12 PM.
DonnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:08 AM   #697
Young Pooh
DIS Veteran

DME now has a new procedure for overseas visitors - we can still use DME but they don't send us luggage tags. They say we need to check in at the DME desk and then can decide how we want to transport our luggage.

Where is this desk? We have to pick up our bags and take them through customs and then would usually do a second drop for the bags to be transported to the main hub whilst we go on the monorail. Is the desk before the monorail so we can get the tags and put them on the bags so that they are then collected? Or do we have to do the second drop and then pick up again in the main hub before going to the desk - if so this kind of defeats the object a bit.

Any ideas?

Aug 1996 - Offsite July 1998 - Buena Vista Palace Sept 2000 - CBR, WDW Aug 2001 - DH, DLP July 2002 - Wyndham Palace Aug 2002 - NPB, DLP Aug 2003 - our first visit home to BCV & BWV June 2004 - SL, DLP Sept 2005 - SL, DLP Aug 2006 - SL, DLP Sept 2007 - BCV & SSR Sept 2008 - SL, DLP Aug 2009 - SSR & HRH Aug 2010 - NY, villa & VB
Young Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:44 AM   #698
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Pooh View Post
DME now has a new procedure for overseas visitors - we can still use DME but they don't send us luggage tags. They say we need to check in at the DME desk and then can decide how we want to transport our luggage.

Where is this desk? We have to pick up our bags and take them through customs and then would usually do a second drop for the bags to be transported to the main hub whilst we go on the monorail. Is the desk before the monorail so we can get the tags and put them on the bags so that they are then collected? Or do we have to do the second drop and then pick up again in the main hub before going to the desk - if so this kind of defeats the object a bit.

Any ideas?
The DME counter is located on level 1.....you arrive on level 3, with baggage claim on level 2. Not sure what that means for intnl visitors though. I'm thinking you are going to have to lug those bags down to level 1...at which point it makes no sense to give them up. May just as well keep them with you. However, now the intnl guest has to pay tips, simply because they are intnl!! That doesn't seem right to me. Hopefully someone who has done this already will let us know what the situation is.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #699
Young Pooh
DIS Veteran

Thanks Diane.

The new system doesn't start until Feb 16th so will have to keep a watch after this.

Shouldn't be a problem for us as we don't travel until August and I am sure someone will have posted by then but I have rented out DVC points to someone who is travelling early March. It will be their 1st time at MCO and on DME so they have been asking lots of questions - of course the new system would be introdcuded right before they travel.

Aug 1996 - Offsite July 1998 - Buena Vista Palace Sept 2000 - CBR, WDW Aug 2001 - DH, DLP July 2002 - Wyndham Palace Aug 2002 - NPB, DLP Aug 2003 - our first visit home to BCV & BWV June 2004 - SL, DLP Sept 2005 - SL, DLP Aug 2006 - SL, DLP Sept 2007 - BCV & SSR Sept 2008 - SL, DLP Aug 2009 - SSR & HRH Aug 2010 - NY, villa & VB
Young Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #700
desimom
Earning My Ears

No Tags yet...leave in 20 days

Have yet not received luggage tags and we leave in 20 days...HELP!!
desimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #701
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by desimom View Post
Have yet not received luggage tags and we leave in 20 days...HELP!!

Call DME and double check to make sure they have you in their system. They still have time to get your stuff out to you.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #702
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

luggage tags

I posted this elsewhere...just wanted to see what people here think too....

I'm flying Delta and my friends are flying SWA. Our flights get in within 15 minutes of each other. I would like to avoid the $15 baggage fee by sending my luggage on SWA with my friends. We are staying at SSR and they are staying at POP. Can I put my ME luggage tags on my luggage and have it still end up at SSR even though it will be flying via a different carrier. Has anyone ever done this?
Thanks!

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
momhmmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #703
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Not a problem. DME doesn't care what airline your bags come in on....they see those yellow luggage tags, they scan 'em and off they go, to whatever resort the bar code says.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #704
Sue Mrosk
tolter

Me

We'll be staying at the campground. I know we're supposed to be at the outpost three hours before our flight going home, but We have to take a bus from our campsite to the outpost and wouldn't it be very crowded with people bringing their luggage on?

Last edited by Sue Mrosk; 02-16-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Sue Mrosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #705
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Fort Wilderness does have Bell Services. Just call the front desk and they will come fetch you and your luggage in a van.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: