Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2009, 07:57 AM   #106
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Apparently I was misinformed, or I misunderstood. I called WDW ressies this morning to check and see what my room costs where and if I got the AAA discount on the room. I had orginally booked a room only ressie, and then the deal came out. So, anyway, since I switched to the package, no AAA discount. Sorry to excite anyone. It's still a good deal. We got 6/3 at POR with 5 one day base tickets for $1641.
Sorry to hyjack your thread. I just know people were thinking. Can't wait to hear more about your planning.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 01-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #107
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary12.8.07 View Post
I just found you!

YAY, I'm so glad you are getting to go back so soon, and with the new baby, how FUN!! I've heard/seen great things about CSR, I think you will enjoy it. I would like to try it out one day so I'm looking forward to hearing your review of it!!
Glad you joined us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post

We did TSM with her twice---she LOVED it!!!! It is so cute and so much fun! Get a fastpass early on---they go fast!!

Megan gave us a beautifully sad little pouty face as we left MK on that last day---I even took a picture of it because I thought it so perfectly embodied what we were all feeling. I get misty-eyed everytime I have to leave---always wishing for "just one more day!"

I wanted to ask you---my aunt and uncle are heading down at the end of March and staying at POR---do you have any tips or recommendations for them for staying at that resort? I haven't stayed there since it was Dixie Landings, so I don't remember that much about besides that it is beautiful! Is there a good place to request to stay?
Glad Megan loved TSM- I hope the girls do. The leaving pictures are impt... good to pull out when dad does not want to go back!

As for POR I think Alligator Bayou close to the main building is the best. I thought getting on the buses there too was impt since it seemed the outlying stops were always crowded and turned into standing room only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Apparently I was misinformed, or I misunderstood. I called WDW ressies this morning to check and see what my room costs where and if I got the AAA discount on the room. I had orginally booked a room only ressie, and then the deal came out. So, anyway, since I switched to the package, no AAA discount. Sorry to excite anyone. It's still a good deal. We got 6/3 at POR with 5 one day base tickets for $1641.
Sorry to hyjack your thread. I just know people were thinking. Can't wait to hear more about your planning.

I was pretty sure no AAA discount on top. We had AAA price it out too to check, and wondered if different resort availablity would be found.
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #108
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been truly lazy, snowed in and probably will get more tonight. Hannah went out in the snow, but Emily stayed inside. She had a terrible cough and needs to be healthy for her surgery in two weeks. We did spend some time looking at YouTube WDW videos- super fun. We checked out some old favorites and things that the girls have not experienced. What a way to spend a cold day- pretending you are at WDW!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #109
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Yeah for a snow day!! I used to love those days so much!!

What kind of surgery having? I hope she starts feeling better soon.

You have me thinking about changing our reservation in October from ASM-Family Suite to CSR. I was showing DH some pics and we both really like it.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #110
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been truly lazy, snowed in and probably will get more tonight. Hannah went out in the snow, but Emily stayed inside. She had a terrible cough and needs to be healthy for her surgery in two weeks. We did spend some time looking at YouTube WDW videos- super fun. We checked out some old favorites and things that the girls have not experienced. What a way to spend a cold day- pretending you are at WDW!
What an awesome way to spend a snow day! I know when I was younger and had snow days, my sister and I would do fun things around the house with my mom so I know this was a day that the girls will remember.

And what's more fun than pretending you're at WDW than actually being there?!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #111
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Great way to spend a snow day!!!! It the rate the snow is coming down at my house right now, I may have one tomorrow! I'm torn...it would be nice to have the day off, but then it adds a day in June.

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 01-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #112
MeMom
DIS Veteran

We almost got one, and are hoping for one tomorrow. It's been raining all day, and it'll freeze tonight. I wish for no one to have a wreck in it, but I'll take a day at home to do paperwork. We've been amazed by having two so far, because we rarely get any.

Watching youtube videos is a great way to get the kids ready! Have you ever watched surprise Disney trip videos? Some of them make me cry. There's a few where some of the kids cry tears of joy, and their happiness makes me cry.

When Brooklynn was sobbing her way out of Maic Kingdom, Jill said softly, but aloud, "It's okay, baby. You're only saying what we're all thinking." That was true, but somehow I don't think it would have been nearly as cute if Jill and I had been crying out, "My Magic Kingdom!" as we left.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 01-27-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #113
teacher9702
Earning My Ears

We had a snow day today and get one tomorrow. So far these have been are only two this school year. It has done nothing but sleet here in Southern Illinois. It did snow some but not much. My husband had to work last night and it normally only takes him 18 mins from door to door but last night it took 45 mins. The weather people are saying there is more to come...more sleet with it changing over to snow...don't excatly know how much but they did say that tomorrow morning will be worse than this morning. I am glad I am staying in. I just wish we had snow so they kids could make a decent snowman. We rarely get to do that around here.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #114
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Can't believe that you are getting so much snow!!! Hope everyone stays warm and cozy! It was 60 here today -- we just can't get snow to save our lives this year.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #115
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

I'll share... but with the snow comes our 40 below weather. I mean really is it May yet?

Old 01-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #116
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Yeah for a snow day!! I used to love those days so much!!

What kind of surgery having? I hope she starts feeling better soon.

You have me thinking about changing our reservation in October from ASM-Family Suite to CSR. I was showing DH some pics and we both really like it.
It was nice... but awfully cold to play in the snow. Nor did it improve weather wise- yikes! Now I want you to stay in the suites to have a first hand report of them because I think they sound great too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
What an awesome way to spend a snow day! I know when I was younger and had snow days, my sister and I would do fun things around the house with my mom so I know this was a day that the girls will remember.

And what's more fun than pretending you're at WDW than actually being there?!
I am not sure what I will do to entertain them tomorrow. We have had sick kids and been trying to keep Luke and Emily in so they can get rid of their nasty cough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Great way to spend a snow day!!!! It the rate the snow is coming down at my house right now, I may have one tomorrow! I'm torn...it would be nice to have the day off, but then it adds a day in June.
Yep... we are now over our days and will be making up a day the Friday before President's Day. We were supposed to have a 4 day weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We almost got one, and are hoping for one tomorrow. It's been raining all day, and it'll freeze tonight. I wish for no one to have a wreck in it, but I'll take a day at home to do paperwork. We've been amazed by having two so far, because we rarely get any.

Watching youtube videos is a great way to get the kids ready! Have you ever watched surprise Disney trip videos? Some of them make me cry. There's a few where some of the kids cry tears of joy, and their happiness makes me cry.

When Brooklynn was sobbing her way out of Maic Kingdom, Jill said softly, but aloud, "It's okay, baby. You're only saying what we're all thinking." That was true, but somehow I don't think it would have been nearly as cute if Jill and I had been crying out, "My Magic Kingdom!" as we left.
I will have to look at some surprise trip videos tomorrow! It did make for some fun this afternoon. I worked hard on report cards to give them to my teaching partner. Now we will be behind two days at school, and had a delay Monday. I feel as if I have not worked since Friday and am way way behind.

I agree watching sobbing adults leaving MK is not too cute... even though we sob on the inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher9702 View Post
We had a snow day today and get one tomorrow. So far these have been are only two this school year. It has done nothing but sleet here in Southern Illinois. It did snow some but not much. My husband had to work last night and it normally only takes him 18 mins from door to door but last night it took 45 mins. The weather people are saying there is more to come...more sleet with it changing over to snow...don't excatly know how much but they did say that tomorrow morning will be worse than this morning. I am glad I am staying in. I just wish we had snow so they kids could make a decent snowman. We rarely get to do that around here.

It was fun sledding but no snowman was built. I did not even go out in the snow--- Luke was awake and I am trying to get Emily well so I was a mean mom and kept her in. She was mad at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Can't believe that you are getting so much snow!!! Hope everyone stays warm and cozy! It was 60 here today -- we just can't get snow to save our lives this year.
60 degrees sounds heavenly--- I want my kids to get outside and run around some of their energy- both at home and school!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
I'll share... but with the snow comes our 40 below weather. I mean really is it May yet?

Yes... today is a day I cannot wait for summer!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #117
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

SNOW DAY #2 TOMORROW!!!! I am glad we have week between the end of our school year and when we arrive at WDW- it is only January and we are out of our allotted 5 Days
Old 01-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #118
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I can't believe the winter you are having!!! It's really quite crazy!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #119
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Enjoy your second day!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 01-27-2009, 08:51 PM   #120
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I was counting on an early am call today and it didn't come so out into the snow and ice we went......We have not had a singe snow day yet!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: