Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #91
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i would think epcot or HS would be best for you guys. i think epcot needs 2 days to fully tour. and if your dad likes DHS, that would be good too, especially since there's so many shows there and it's hard to get it all in one day. AK can be done in one day easy. and i think resort dining is a good choice at either epcot or HS. you've got lots to choose from in that area: spoodles, ESPN club, big river, beaches & cream, cape may cafe and then the nice 2TS restaurants, flying fish and yachtmen steakhouse. if you chose one of those you could choose either epcot or HS on those extra days and not commit to anything specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Jill filled her mug up, thinking the new rule was that it could be at any of the resort drink islands. I believe that is how the sign read when we got them that time. We didn't realize that didn't include CSR. Instead of the lady saying nicely and quietly that she wasn't supposed to do that, she got an attitude and did the whole body shake hand wave thing and told Jill she needed to put that back!
Jill did.
She dumped the whole Coke, so either way, CSR lost out. I would gladly have paid the two bucks for the drink and just let Jill have it in the mug instead of the paper cup it would have come in if that lady had been nice and let us do that.

It embarrassed Jill, needless to say.
yeah, that seems completely unnecessary and i probably would've told the CM that. but my mouth is sometimes uncontrollable and it's one of my admitted faults.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #92
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Hi, I lurked on your last TR and thought your family was just adorable. I also have two little girls (not so little anymore, I guess ) and a little boy. We're going to Disney in June also, staying at BC, and will be driving for the first time. Following your TR will hopefully help me stay focused with the planning. We haven't been since '05, so I've been planning forever! I need a second wind now. Thanks for sharing your darling family and your plans.
Christine
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #93
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Hey Sweetie---so glad that the CSR info helped out!!!

As far as trying to figure out what to do with your touring dilemmas--I would probably make some resort dining ressies so that you can be more flexible with those two days and where you want to go.

If you are going to be going all 7 days, I would just really try to take it in stride still---try to get there always at park opening, stay until lunch or so, head back for swimming or naps, and then head back in the evening---it will help you feel like you are still getting some down time. Good luck with the planning!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 01-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #94
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
I agree! Makes planning hard when you don't know what the park hours are!
Have fun playing around with the 7 days! We have 5 park days.

The first Disney trip ornament sounds cute!
I just want the May hours out so then I know mine are next. I know I can make my ADRs on March 15 so I have until then if necessary. But I want TGM charts done too, so we will see!

Both the girls have personalized ornaments from our first trip - Hannah has a pink minnie on an ornament and Emily has the mouse ears one- hers never made it to the three this year, it is on a shelf in her room. Who knows what Luke will end up with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
Trying to make plans w/o park hours is very hard. But I've been seeing a trend where MK closes around 11pm and Epcot closes around 10pm (World Showcase and Future World closes at 7pm) But again this is what I've seen when we're going--it could change by then!! If you're going in May it's more than likely MK will be open pretty late..as far as AK and DHS...not sure.

I doubt late hours makes much difference...we won't be out too late. I am more concerned with where the extra hours are and that schedule.

Quote:

It's hard to give other people advice, since everyone tours differently and has different tastes. It's kind of a good dilemma, though, to have park days to fill!

With the little ones, I'd go for three of the seven to be MK spread out a day or so apart. If you've done lots of Epcot, keep one for that. Personally, I'd go for Animal Kingdom, but I love that park!

If your dad loves Hollywood, there's a lot to be said for letting someone else have their favorite. Maybe you can just tell Hannah that it's Grandpa's day, and that's the one he likes best.

You don't have to stay the whole day, if you choose HS, and maybe the grandparents might want to stay to see Fantasmic or just stroll the streets of Hollywood while you guys go back to the resort, DTD, or to see a new resort.

Or they might want to just keep Emily with them at HS (if she likes it) and spend some special time with her. Mom or Dad could take Hannah to do something special with her, and the other one of you could spend time with just Luke. I never much thought about the splitting up idea, since we just have Brooklynn, but the janloz family did that with their two kids, and it seemed like it was nice for each kid to have a special time with parents and grandparents.

I think it is something I will keep in mind when I do have more than one grandchild going.
I think we will for sure do MK three days. If things work out I will leave the unknown day till Tuesday- I know our last day I want to be at MK! I have a feeling there will be some splitting up and I am okay with that. With three kids who can ride different things and 4 adults I can do it. I just want to make sure that I am everywhere... I hate to miss out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I am lost without June hours right now. I am not used to waiting this long for them.

You have two park days unaccounted for? How about you do resort dining, like you said, for those two days, and that way you can go to whichever park you feel like spending more time in -- that might be the best way to approach it.

I think we are going to over book our ADRS by at least one and cancel what we don't use. I just need to decide what meals are still in the running ....
Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #95
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

That's what makes going to the parks even harder. You see EMH's at say AK and then MK on the same day..or Epcot and MK on the same day. I do know when we're there Epcot has early EMH's and MK has late EMH's At least it's a little harder for us. But it does help in planning your ADR's

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 01-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #96
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=punkin413;29893297]i would think epcot or HS would be best for you guys. i think epcot needs 2 days to fully tour. and if your dad likes DHS, that would be good too, especially since there's so many shows there and it's hard to get it all in one day. AK can be done in one day easy. and i think resort dining is a good choice at either epcot or HS. you've got lots to choose from in that area: spoodles, ESPN club, big river, beaches & cream, cape may cafe and then the nice 2TS restaurants, flying fish and yachtmen steakhouse. if you chose one of those you could choose either epcot or HS on those extra days and not commit to anything specific.
[QUOTE]

There is a lot on that list I have not tried.... I would love to do two days at AK but I think it will be just so darn hot there. I have almost committed to not having a set plan for that day. I also think three days at MK will be so great... we can take it slower and do what we want a couple of times. Plus someday it won't be the park that my kids really love, so we need to spend the time there now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Hi, I lurked on your last TR and thought your family was just adorable. I also have two little girls (not so little anymore, I guess ) and a little boy. We're going to Disney in June also, staying at BC, and will be driving for the first time. Following your TR will hopefully help me stay focused with the planning. We haven't been since '05, so I've been planning forever! I need a second wind now. Thanks for sharing your darling family and your plans.
Christine
Beach Club- how fun! What a fantastic pool area! I would rather be driving with your age kids than mine... I try to block that out of my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Hey Sweetie---so glad that the CSR info helped out!!!

As far as trying to figure out what to do with your touring dilemmas--I would probably make some resort dining ressies so that you can be more flexible with those two days and where you want to go.

If you are going to be going all 7 days, I would just really try to take it in stride still---try to get there always at park opening, stay until lunch or so, head back for swimming or naps, and then head back in the evening---it will help you feel like you are still getting some down time. Good luck with the planning!
How Jen did you use your seven days last summer-- what was the breakdown. Just curious!

I for sure want to take breaks and enjoy the pool and get some naps in the ac for Luke. I used your list for my requests and will take it with me so that if we check in and it is not what I want I have ideas on where I want to be!

Last edited by IluvXU; 01-26-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #97
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Anniversary! The 24th of June, our last park day is our 9th anniversary! I hope to do something special since we are back at WDW. I doubt we will leave the kids with my parents for a special meal since well, 3 will be a handful. However I want to try to plan something special! Ideas?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #98
MegansMom

Breakdown from June 2008 trip:

Arrival day (Sat)--pool and DTD
Sunday---AK
Monday---MK
Tuesday---EP
Wednesday--MK
Thursday---DHS
Friday---MK
Saturday---MK

This worked out really well for us!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #99
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

whatever restaurant you eat at that day, be sure to tell them that it's your anniversary. you might get a little surprise (like a personalized dessert or table decorations). also, tell the hotel that it's your anniversary and you may get a card/balloon from a character and also get free happy anniversary pins from the front desk at the hotel or at guest services at the parks. the CMs really notice it and will continue to congratulate you guys all day!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #100
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Anniversary! The 24th of June, our last park day is our 9th anniversary! I hope to do something special since we are back at WDW. I doubt we will leave the kids with my parents for a special meal since well, 3 will be a handful. However I want to try to plan something special! Ideas?
That would be funny if we ended up at the same park that day! I think maybe try the Coral Reef and make a personalized menu for your anniversary?
Old 01-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #101
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just want to make sure that I am everywhere... I hate to miss out!
That might be a teeny tiny bit hard to do!

The last day at Magic Kingdom will be great when you get there,
and sad when you leave.

Brooklynn cried her way out of Magic Kingdom on our last trip. When we told her it was time to go, she started saying, "Noooo. My Magic Kiiiiiingdom!" It wasn't hateful or bratty; it was just a sad wailing that came from her heart. She wanted more times on Dumbo and Peter Pan and horsies. It was so sad that I don't know if I even want to go into Magic Kingdom without her in March. I'm thinking about shortening our trip by a day and just going to two parks - Epcot for the Flower and Garden stuff and Animal Kingdom, because I love Animal Kingdom. Cutting off one day and two parks would help the cost a lot, too.

Mostly, I feel guilty about going into Magic Kingdom without my little Brooklynn.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #102
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I followed you on your last TR and I'm joining in on this one too. Luke is such a cute little guy!
We are going to be there at the same time. We are staying at POR with the 4/3, and using AAA discount. Our dates are 16-25.
We have done 7 days of parks, but we usually go commando because we're never sure when and if we are coming back. Now that all of the kids have been a couple of times, we are going to split up the days with pool time at the resort. I just feel obligated to be at the parks when we are there. I told DH, this time I want to be able to just relax a bit and enjoy our hotel. Can't wait to here more about your planning.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 01-26-2009, 08:59 PM   #103
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
That's what makes going to the parks even harder. You see EMH's at say AK and then MK on the same day..or Epcot and MK on the same day. I do know when we're there Epcot has early EMH's and MK has late EMH's At least it's a little harder for us. But it does help in planning your ADR's
I am just going to wait patiently

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Breakdown from June 2008 trip:

Arrival day (Sat)--pool and DTD
Sunday---AK
Monday---MK
Tuesday---EP
Wednesday--MK
Thursday---DHS
Friday---MK
Saturday---MK

This worked out really well for us!!!
Thanks Jen! I thought you did at least three MK days... and I compare Megs to my girls in terms of what they like. Did you do Toy Story Mania with her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
whatever restaurant you eat at that day, be sure to tell them that it's your anniversary. you might get a little surprise (like a personalized dessert or table decorations). also, tell the hotel that it's your anniversary and you may get a card/balloon from a character and also get free happy anniversary pins from the front desk at the hotel or at guest services at the parks. the CMs really notice it and will continue to congratulate you guys all day!
We did not plan to be there then... but it is kinda neat. It is just our nine year anniversary... not a big one. However who knows when we will be there again on our anniversary. I will get those pins though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
That would be funny if we ended up at the same park that day! I think maybe try the Coral Reef and make a personalized menu for your anniversary?

I don't think Coral Reef is doing that anymore. I really want to be in MK that day though so we will see!

Quote:

and sad when you leave.

Brooklynn cried her way out of Magic Kingdom on our last trip. When we told her it was time to go, she started saying, "Noooo. My Magic Kiiiiiingdom!" It wasn't hateful or bratty; it was just a sad wailing that came from her heart. She wanted more times on Dumbo and Peter Pan and horsies. It was so sad that I don't know if I even want to go into Magic Kingdom without her in March. I'm thinking about shortening our trip by a day and just going to two parks - Epcot for the Flower and Garden stuff and Animal Kingdom, because I love Animal Kingdom. Cutting off one day and two parks would help the cost a lot, too.

Mostly, I feel guilty about going into Magic Kingdom without my little Brooklynn.

MeMom you make me cry... what a great MeMom you are to Brooklynn. It will just be different.. and you will probably see things you will want to share with her this summer. It is not like you don't have a trip planned with her- remember that too. As for the crying... it is a terrible thing. I will forever remember Hannah wailing as we left the WL- I just cried behind my sunglasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I followed you on your last TR and I'm joining in on this one too. Luke is such a cute little guy!
We are going to be there at the same time. We are staying at POR with the 4/3, and using AAA discount. Our dates are 16-25.
We have done 7 days of parks, but we usually go commando because we're never sure when and if we are coming back. Now that all of the kids have been a couple of times, we are going to split up the days with pool time at the resort. I just feel obligated to be at the parks when we are there. I told DH, this time I want to be able to just relax a bit and enjoy our hotel. Can't wait to here more about your planning.

I love POR- we couldn't get rooms there. Now though I am committed to staying at a new place, one that we won't fit in as a party of five. Hannah just asked tonight if we would go back to there someday- I know we will.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #104
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

I just found you!

YAY, I'm so glad you are getting to go back so soon, and with the new baby, how FUN!! I've heard/seen great things about CSR, I think you will enjoy it. I would like to try it out one day so I'm looking forward to hearing your review of it!!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #105
MegansMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Sadly, they no longer do the personalized menus anymore!!!

Quote:

and sad when you leave.

Oh MeMom--you are too sweet!!!! Poor little Miss Brooklyn---don't we all know EXACTLY how she feels, and want to be able to cry the same way too when we leave!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
You can do the 4/3 promo and the AAA discount at the same time???? Please---more details!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Jen! I thought you did at least three MK days... and I compare Megs to my girls in terms of what they like. Did you do Toy Story Mania with her?
We did TSM with her twice---she LOVED it!!!! It is so cute and so much fun! Get a fastpass early on---they go fast!!

Quote:
We did not plan to be there then... but it is kinda neat. It is just our nine year anniversary... not a big one. However who knows when we will be there again on our anniversary. I will get those pins though!
Since we are celebrating our 10 year in July, we are going to try to do something to make our September trip a celebration of that event----Lord knows we don't want to go to Mickey's House in July!!!! We would melt much too quickly!

I don't think Coral Reef is doing that anymore. I really want to be in MK that day though so we will see!

Quote:
As for the crying... it is a terrible thing. I will forever remember Hannah wailing as we left the WL- I just cried behind my sunglasses.
Megan gave us a beautifully sad little pouty face as we left MK on that last day---I even took a picture of it because I thought it so perfectly embodied what we were all feeling. I get misty-eyed everytime I have to leave---always wishing for "just one more day!"

Quote:
I love POR- we couldn't get rooms there. Now though I am committed to staying at a new place, one that we won't fit in as a party of five. Hannah just asked tonight if we would go back to there someday- I know we will.
I wanted to ask you---my aunt and uncle are heading down at the end of March and staying at POR---do you have any tips or recommendations for them for staying at that resort? I haven't stayed there since it was Dixie Landings, so I don't remember that much about besides that it is beautiful! Is there a good place to request to stay?

DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: