Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #406
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

You have a budding photographer on your hands, Heidi!!! Very abstract and surrealist.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #407
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post

Love this shot!!

(Sorry, Liam, Mommy's just a little bit better at it than you!!)

In all our visits to Toontown, I've never seen Donald's boat with the water on! At least the ground is that spongy material so there are no skinned knees to worry about.

He probably enjoyed IASWA more than you think.... Looking forward to hearing how you made out in TomorrowLand...perhaps a little Laugh Floor made him laugh???

Kathy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #408
Lemap760
Earning My Ears

Loving your trip report. Liam is adorable.
Congratulations on his little sister.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:20 AM   #409
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Mmmmmm - funnel cake. I've never actually had it at Disney World. I always seem to go for the Mickey ice cream sandwiches when it's snack time.

I love the hat Liam is wearing. My boys lived in the round brim hats like that when they were little. I just think they're so cute on little boys (and they were great in Australia where the sun is so intense - need to protect the back of the neck!).

Looks like he had a good time at Donald's Boat!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 01-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #410
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Can you believe of all the times I've been to Disney, I don't think I've ever even visited Donald's boat. I love your pictures, Heidi. You do such a great job, that's an awesome shot of the castle. And I'm quite fond of Liam's interpretation of IASW. Those blurry shots are darn cute.
That was my first time at Donald's Boat....but I did a lot of firsts this trip because of Liam, some good, some not so good. But I'm pleased that we found something everyday that made him smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Mickey Lovers View Post
I love your trip report! It brings back so many memories from my first trip
with my oldest daughter, she was 13 months old.
Enjooy every minute of it because it goes so fast.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
You have a budding photographer on your hands, Heidi!!! Very abstract and surrealist.
Think I can sell them in a Gallery? Or maybe a little stand in Key West?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Love this shot!!

(Sorry, Liam, Mommy's just a little bit better at it than you!!)

In all our visits to Toontown, I've never seen Donald's boat with the water on! At least the ground is that spongy material so there are no skinned knees to worry about.

He probably enjoyed IASWA more than you think.... Looking forward to hearing how you made out in TomorrowLand...perhaps a little Laugh Floor made him laugh???

Kathy
I love that spongy material....they use the same stuff at Pooh's Playful Spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemap760 View Post
Loving your trip report. Liam is adorable.
Congratulations on his little sister.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Mmmmmm - funnel cake. I've never actually had it at Disney World. I always seem to go for the Mickey ice cream sandwiches when it's snack time.

I love the hat Liam is wearing. My boys lived in the round brim hats like that when they were little. I just think they're so cute on little boys (and they were great in Australia where the sun is so intense - need to protect the back of the neck!).

Looks like he had a good time at Donald's Boat!
I suggest the funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow....I've never had it at the stand in America in the World Showcase.....maybe you could try it out for me!

Not the hat in the pictures....but when Liam was an infant I found bucket hats online at Baby Banz.com that are like SPF 50. I need to order a pink one soon!

Check out my baby ticker........we're doing the double digit dance here.....or is it the double digit panic???

Old 01-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #411
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Think I can sell them in a Gallery? Or maybe a little stand in Key West?
Definitely Key West! Are you packed yet? I told Charles my plan the other night and he said okay.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #412
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Definitely Key West! Are you packed yet? I told Charles my plan the other night and he said okay.
John wanted to know if Charles was going too.....I told him that I thought he was so they could watch soccer together! I just hope LL doesn't go over to Hemmingway's old house and start picking up cats to bring home Or you for that matter!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #413
MRYPPNS

Next in our day we took the always deserted “Secret” path from ToonTown to Toworrowland.

One of the things that I knew I wanted to check out was the special phone booth in Toworrowland. My friend Charleston Princess had written about it in her TR from last June and it was another one of those “why haven’t I seen that before” moments.

It’s located near the elevator for the Astro Orbitor ride. You should have seen the people in line for that ride watch us…they couldn’t understand why we were all huddled into this thing pushing buttons and laughing. I’ve always wondered how many of them went and checked it out later.

The one attraction in Toworrowland that I just had to see was the Laugh Floor. DH and I had gotten to be in a test audience for it in 2007 before it was open so I really wanted to see what the final show was like. Armed with a sippy of apple juice we braved yet another thing.

The plan was to sit in the back all the way to the left so if need be we could make a quick escape thru the exit.

I managed one picture before I was told no photography. Oops.

I rate the show two thumbs up! Liam did pretty well. He drank his juice and only got a little antsy at the end, but we never felt like we needed to leave the theater.

We then headed down Main Street to explore.

On of those little side streets we found a couple guys that did the paper cut out Silhouettes. There weren’t any other guests around at all so we decided to have one done of Liam if he could stay in his stroller for it. So for the bargain price of $8.52 (including tax) we got two copies of Liam’s silhouette. Too bad I don’t have a picture of it. It’s still with a bunch of other stuff from the trip that hasn’t made its way out of a pile in the dinning room.

If you can believe it, it’s after 4pm now and people were really starting to show up for that night’s MNSSHP. There was a Captain Hook that was so good I bet people thought he was the real thing.

I have a pair of Mickey Mouse ears from every trip to Disney except from 2007….I guess I was being cheap….but to this day I still regret having a hole in my collection. No way was I missing out on creating my own Mickey Mouse ears at Le Chapeau Hat Shoppe on Main Street.
This is what I had made:

To give you an idea of want it costs….

Each ear $2.50
Base hat $4.95
Year patch on front $2.95
Personalize name on back $3.00
Total with tax $16.94 (which I actually didn’t think was bad but you have to watch how many patches you put on at $2.95 a pop)

Now I’m old school when it comes to certain things….and one of these things is that I wasn’t all that happy that the personalize name is no longer done by hand. It’s done by computer. How turn of the century. And it didn’t help the cause any when it took forever for my ears to be done. I had enough time to listen to the whole loop of the party line phone that is in the back room of the hat shop. Again getting strange looks from people as they had no idea what I was doing with this old phone to my ear. I pretty much figured that my ears would be at least another 10 minutes and Liam needed to burn off a little steam. I wanted to check out the back part of the Town Square Exposition Hall so that’s where we went. We probably spent a good ½ hour here letting Liam run around and trying to take his picture with the different props around the room. We had the place to ourselves so we also took the opportunity to do a diaper change. I carry disposable changing pads and zip lock bags with me so we can easily do this and carry out the dirty diaper with us.

After that I picked up my ears and we made our way to Pecos Bill’s for dinner….my favorite counter service at all the parks. I love the burgers here and the fixin’s bar.

I figured out before going to Disney that DH and I needed to communicate in detail how we would order food and get a table at counter service restaurants. I freely admit that I have a touch of OCD that has to do with being efficient and doing things efficiently AND I can’t stand to eat cold food. So the game plan was that DH would order the food while I grabbed the napkins and straws and plastic wear on my way to find a table. I would get Liam ready to eat at the table and after DH found us with the food, I would then go get my stuff from the fixin’s bar. When we didn’t communicate as well as we did at Pecos Bill’s…well…..let’s just say that things didn’t go as smoothly and I did some muttering under my breath.

I found a great table in the back of the big room that had a highchair right there…sweet! I got Liam eating the food that we had packed for him and DH had no trouble finding us. Both DH and I got the Bacon Double Burgers with fries ($7.59). DH was out of bottled soda so he got a Coke ($2.09) and Liam got milk ($1.29). Total with tax was $19.77. I loaded up on lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese sauce at the fixin’s bar. Yum-O! I have a special love for cheap burgers and this is one of the best!! I’m only sorry I don’t have pictures to share with you.

After dinner we decided to just walk around and check out guests costumes for the party and all the MNSSHP decorations that were starting to pop up around the park.

Not my child saying Hi to Donald:

Candy spot:

Photo Op:

(I hear this is a great place to take “headless” pictures….right TK?)

We found ourselves in the hub in front of the castle and decided to get a bucket of popcorn and sit on a bench and people watch until it was time to leave at 7pm. I’m glad that I had packed a blanket for Liam because it was starting to get cold. That didn’t seem to stop a couple of young ladies thou….they came as tart versions of Alice and Snow White. They would have been great costumes for Pleasure Island back when that was open but Magic Kingdom…not so much.

Then it was time to leave….thankfully the CM’s split Main Street in half so there was two lanes of traffic….one going and one leaving.

And they made us leave via the cursed Left side tunnel!

The trip back to the car was uneventful other then the pregnant lady was getting tired from all that walking.

We were back in the room within 20 minutes….

…..and I started to figure how to save this vacation. I got out my hatchet and started using it on my plans…….

Last edited by MRYPPNS; 01-25-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #414
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Awesome update. Your pictures make me feel like I'm right there, and as usual, you've found some things I've never seen! Case in point, the little photo op with the dalmations! That is so cute. I'll have to check that out next time, and if it's a good place for kids to run around, you know it's going in a little mental list of mine.

Sounds like you're salvaging your day quite nicely. I know what you mean about your food being hot. I am the same way, I hate eating cold food, and you can call it OCD if you want, but it really helps to have a plan in counter service places, they can get so hectic.

And yes. If you're at a Halloween Party, and you happen by a beautiful glass coach with pumpkins in the front, I highly recommend a headless shot. In honor of the Headless Horseman, of course.

I can't wait to see how you changed your plans.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #415
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
John wanted to know if Charles was going too.....I told him that I thought he was so they could watch soccer together! I just hope LL doesn't go over to Hemmingway's old house and start picking up cats to bring home Or you for that matter!!!
I can't promise anything about the cats!

It sounds like your afternoon was good! I love the pathway between Toon Town and Tomorrowland, it makes you feel like you aren't with hoards of other people.

I'm really interested to see how you change your plans.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #416
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Sounds like Liam is doing better. The photos with the Dalmations is too cute!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #417
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Hatchet on the plans, LOL, that's how I felt after the second day! Liam seems like he's doing much better! And what a cutie!

Old 01-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #418
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Awesome update. Your pictures make me feel like I'm right there, and as usual, you've found some things I've never seen! Case in point, the little photo op with the dalmations! That is so cute. I'll have to check that out next time, and if it's a good place for kids to run around, you know it's going in a little mental list of mine.
There are like 4 little photo op things back there, plus the theater seats where I've heard they sometimes show old cartoons. It's a nice little retreat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
It sounds like your afternoon was good! I love the pathway between Toon Town and Tomorrowland, it makes you feel like you aren't with hoards of other people.
We usually pass a max of 1-2 other families on that path each time we walk it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Sounds like Liam is doing better. The photos with the Dalmations is too cute!
He was having a ball running around in there with his dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Hatchet on the plans, LOL, that's how I felt after the second day! Liam seems like he's doing much better! And what a cutie!
Did you do a lot of changes to your plans??
At this point Liam was ok as long as we weren't trying to take him on any rides.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #419
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Nice Save!! You Did A Lot More Than You Thought You Would At Some Point....Liam Is Such A Cutie! Plans Are Only Meant To Be Guidelines, As I've Discovered Many A Time....

Looking Forward To More Soon....

kathy
Old 01-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #420
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
There are like 4 little photo op things back there, plus the theater seats where I've heard they sometimes show old cartoons. It's a nice little retreat.
Ha! If they show old cartoons, we'd probably never get my soon out of there. He loves to watch all the classic Disney cartoons. Thanks for the tip.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: