Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #46
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Just finished reading your 08 trip report. Great report and pics. We are going for the first time in May. I appreciated your report since our girls are around the same age. Congrats on baby Luke, glad the grandparents are coming along to help. I knew you would go back, just didn't think it would be ur Dh who initiated it.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #47
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForTulips View Post
i just found your PTR. Subbing! You have a beautiful family! The picture of your two girls holding hands looks just like me and my sister when we were little @ Disney. I love it! Cant wait to hear more!
Thanks and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trista_Daisy View Post
Just subbed to your TR! Your girls are so cute! TeaForTulips is my sister and they DO look just like us on one of our trips to Disney! Can't wait for more preTR!

Thanks and welcome more report coming up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindyd View Post
Hi

Your Kids are adorable we are also going in June and I can't wait to make the ADR's . Can't wait to hear more about your Plans!
I have our meals pretty much chosen... but no idea what park which day and which ones we will repeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
It makes me wonder with this deal if business is slipping a little..maybe to draw more guests in? Then again I could be wrong.
I am pretty frustrated in the lack of a room that night before our trip. I read somewhere there is a conference at CSR through the 20th of June... I think they must have the rooms blocked/held. However I would think at least something will open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Just finished reading your 08 trip report. Great report and pics. We are going for the first time in May. I appreciated your report since our girls are around the same age. Congrats on baby Luke, glad the grandparents are coming along to help. I knew you would go back, just didn't think it would be ur Dh who initiated it.
I would love to go a less crowded yet warm time. I am sure you will have a fantastic trip. I never thought DH would ever be the one to say go without me starting it. I really didn't this time!
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #48
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

How will we get there?

At this point (and probably no change will happen) we are going to drive to Florida. DH has figured the miles and even is trying to decide where to use our hotel points to stop. We will not drive the entire way down in one day, rather we will stop somewhere in GA probably before finishing the next day. Since our package starts the 18th we want to be in Orlando the 17th, so we will leave our house early on the 16th.

Tonight DH and the girls were selecting from our collection of Disney movies what they want to watch in the van- yes I know months out- crazy huh? I am sure it will change numerous times. Of course Hannah was making one of her thousands of lists... I don't know where she got that from

So do you think I would be happy with seven nights at WDW- no! I desperately want a room for the 17th at CSR- but at this point there is nothing. (Probably due to the convention there... I sure hope some rooms open up). I have called many times... but that is another story!
That way we could wake up, get ready grab our passes and go to the parks.

If we have to stay somewhere else- yikes. I really don't want to think about that. Since we have seven park days we want to start our park days on the 18th so the 25 we can head on home.

So I have been checking out the DISign board here- wow! I have always admired the cool shirts and now I want in on the fun. I bought some shirts at Michael's this week- I want to make one for the five of us to all have I think and then make one for each of the kids- anyone have any experience with this???? I also need to find some smaller size ones for Luke and Emily- ideas on where to find???
I would love to get the shirts done for Valentine's Day, so I better get a move on it!

Coming up next: 7 Days at the Parks---- that is the most we have ever done- help!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #49
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

I hope you can find a room and I'm very sorry this happened to you

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 01-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #50
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

We decided to drive down on our next trip and we ended up adding a night too. Maybe it's something about driving down that makes you want an extra night!

I hope a room opens up. Keep trying, usually something comes up! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #51
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
We decided to drive down on our next trip and we ended up adding a night too. Maybe it's something about driving down that makes you want an extra night!

I hope a room opens up. Keep trying, usually something comes up! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
We're flying down. Just drove from NC to Louisiana and that was 850 miles...about drove me nuts. 600 and some isn't so bad, but still it's faster flying!! Plus we get the ME from the airport to our hotel Also, we aren't going to have the time to drive--gotta get back on the 12th of April as my DW has school the next day.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #52
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

So glad I found this!

Hi Laura!

We drove down for our mini-trip last April...I was nervous b/c, well, like an infant, an autistic child can be unpredictable and labor-intensive.

It worked out well, though. Definitely break it up into two days... I can't imagine just driving straight through no matter how many drivers are available!

Yay for the new baby!
Yay for grandma and grandpa coming!!
Yay for hubby suggesting WDW without thumbscrews being applied!!!

(I'm "working" on Ed right now and hoping for another Jersey Week!)

Deep breath... park hours will be up soon....

Kathy
Old 01-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #53
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

While visions of Disney were in my head... and worried about the idea of early check in and grabbing a bus and parks... no wonder I could not sleep I had a GREAT idea!

I wondered if I could book more than one night at CSR in a standard room and actually get a reservation for the night before! While I could have waited to the morning and called I thought to myself to try online! Well.....

IT WORKED needless to say I am thrilled. While I am now booked for 11 nights instead of 8 I have a room for the night I wanted. Now I will just cancel the other nights (yes I will) and connect the two reservations next time I call WDW. I might also try to get the nights at the AAA rate! I think this just might work!!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #54
Disneyfan71

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
While visions of Disney were in my head... and worried about the idea of early check in and grabbing a bus and parks... no wonder I could not sleep I had a GREAT idea!

I wondered if I could book more than one night at CSR in a standard room and actually get a reservation for the night before! While I could have waited to the morning and called I thought to myself to try online! Well.....

IT WORKED needless to say I am thrilled. While I am now booked for 11 nights instead of 8 I have a room for the night I wanted. Now I will just cancel the other nights (yes I will) and connect the two reservations next time I call WDW. I might also try to get the nights at the AAA rate! I think this just might work!!!!
YAY!!! I'm glad you have a room now!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #55
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i can't remember if you guys have driven before but it's so nice to have the option of taking your car while you're there! sometimes the buses just get old to me.

let me know where you guys stop in georgia! if it's close i'd love to meet you guys at mickey d's for dinner or something simple like that.

glad you got the room for the additional night. hannah's cracking me up with her lists!!! so cute.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:05 AM   #56
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeay for getting that room for the extra night at CSR! Everything is coming together nicely, isn't it???

How long a drive will it end up being for you?

That cracks me up that DH and the girls are already picking out movies.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:48 AM   #57
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

IT WORKED needless to say I am thrilled. While I am now booked for 11 nights instead of 8 I have a room for the night I wanted. Now I will just cancel the other nights (yes I will) and connect the two reservations next time I call WDW.

Way to "work it", baby!!

Hope it all goes well.

*Make them write notes all over the place when you call to link the ressies... tell them you have an infant and small children... make sure they note that you can stay in the same room and not have to move!!

(Hint: in my upcoming TR posts, you will see why!!)

Kathy
Old 01-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #59
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Oh my gosh!!! What a great idea!!! I am just so excited that you have a reservation for the night you needed!!! HOW WONDERFUL!!! You are SO SMART! I hope you can get the AAA discount!!! Congrats! Is there a particular section of the resort you are hoping for?

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 01-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #60
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you can find a room and I'm very sorry this happened to you
I feel relieved... still need to try to get an AAA rate room.... but did not have time to call today!

Quote:

I can't imagine wasting a day of our passes... so we need the night!

Quote:
We're flying down. Just drove from NC to Louisiana and that was 850 miles...about drove me nuts. 600 and some isn't so bad, but still it's faster flying!! Plus we get the ME from the airport to our hotel Also, we aren't going to have the time to drive--gotta get back on the 12th of April as my DW has school the next day.
I don't think DH has realized all the days off he has to take... he has plenty though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hi Laura!

We drove down for our mini-trip last April...I was nervous b/c, well, like an infant, an autistic child can be unpredictable and labor-intensive.

It worked out well, though. Definitely break it up into two days... I can't imagine just driving straight through no matter how many drivers are available!

Yay for the new baby!
Yay for grandma and grandpa coming!!
Yay for hubby suggesting WDW without thumbscrews being applied!!!

(I'm "working" on Ed right now and hoping for another Jersey Week!)

Deep breath... park hours will be up soon....

Kathy
Thanks so much Kathy for joining in. I always love your reports. I think you need a trip soon too! I am excited, but I have lots of school stuff to get done so not much time to dream about WDW right now!

Quote:
YAY!!! I'm glad you have a room now!!!
It was the first thing I told DH--- he groaned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i can't remember if you guys have driven before but it's so nice to have the option of taking your car while you're there! sometimes the buses just get old to me.

let me know where you guys stop in georgia! if it's close i'd love to meet you guys at mickey d's for dinner or something simple like that.

glad you got the room for the additional night. hannah's cracking me up with her lists!!! so cute.
We have never drove.... but having a car to get groceries and to lug home WDW stuff will be nice! I would love to meet... we will have to see when we are going through Atlanta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yeay for getting that room for the extra night at CSR! Everything is coming together nicely, isn't it???

How long a drive will it end up being for you?

That cracks me up that DH and the girls are already picking out movies.
My parents are doing it in a day... they have before. I should ask Jen how long it took them with Megan and all last year... that would give me a better estimate time wise. They also finally joined the Disney movie rewards.... we should have done it years ago last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Way to "work it", baby!!

Hope it all goes well.

*Make them write notes all over the place when you call to link the ressies... tell them you have an infant and small children... make sure they note that you can stay in the same room and not have to move!!

(Hint: in my upcoming TR posts, you will see why!!)

Kathy
We had two seperate reservations at the WL and didn't move rooms. I sure hope we can do it again. I hope to check in early and will wait for a room to make sure we don't move. Plus we need adjoining rooms with my parents... and of course I need to request and area... lots to do!

Quote:
Congrats on the room!!

I hope we get to see some of Hannah's lists!!
I should scan one in... they are so funny--- some weird spacing and backwards letters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Oh my gosh!!! What a great idea!!! I am just so excited that you have a reservation for the night you needed!!! HOW WONDERFUL!!! You are SO SMART! I hope you can get the AAA discount!!! Congrats! Is there a particular section of the resort you are hoping for?
I am looking to you for some section advice... I think we want by the Dig pool. With a fridge in the room I think we don't have to get every meal at the Pepper Market...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: