Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #391
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I have to ask about the barber shop. . .what time does it open and do you make appointments or is it walk-up? Our ds is completely terrified of haircuts (and he's almost 8!) and I think if while we are in WDW, we get his hair cut, things will be easier for us.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #392
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Those pictures are so cute! I'm so glad that the haircut was a good experience!
It was a relief that the hair cut went as well as it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I am so glad the haircut went so well for you!

That is just awesome! DS has had a hair cut at the barbershop. It wasn't his first, but they do an excellent job, they really do. I have to say, when his got down, it was a little too short for my taste, but in all honest, it was the best haircut as far as growing out that I think we've ever had. Because of the way they did it, it grew out so even and lasted a really long time.

Now, forget it. I've taken to cutting his hair at home because he hates getting it done. :::sigh::: Maybe someday we can have fun at the barbershop again.

I hope the rest of your day went just as well!
I was so used to Liam's hair being over-grown that I too thought the cut was too short....but it really wasn't, I just wasn't use to it. He needs a hair cut badly right now....I have to find a kid salon asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Margaret had Diane too....IASW

glad he enjoyed his 1st Haircut!
That is cool that they both had Diane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Those pictures are precious!! I am so glad you got a great Disney memory out of it. I hope this is the turning point where you start to have a magical time.
Don't hold your breath on the magical time stuff......

I'll be back to finish my replies.....Liam is pulling on me right now.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2009, 04:57 AM   #393
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I was so used to Liam's hair being over-grown that I too thought the cut was too short....but it really wasn't, I just wasn't use to it. He needs a hair cut badly right now....I have to find a kid salon asap.
I have an absolutely horrible time finding a good salon. For myself, or DS. Every time I take DS to the kids' salon that so many rave about, his hair comes out crooked. I've actually started cutting it myself at home, which is sort of an ordeal, but it looks good and the price is right. Too bad I can't cut my own.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:12 AM   #394
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Very cute pics, thanks so much for the update. Looking forward to more!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 01-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #395
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Yay for some Disney Magic. I hope the rest of the trip goes well.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #396
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Aw Liam looks so big getting a haircut!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #397
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
I'm going to have to really pay attention to your report now. Looks like we might be taking Caleb when he is 2 or 3. My parents have been wanting to take DH and I and Caleb and my brother, SIL and newphew to Disney probably about 2010 sometime. I can't wait for Caleb to have his first trip with his cousin (who it will also be his first trip)
That would be fun! I think little kids are braver when there is another child there with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
That apple juice is as big as Liam!!!

The pictures of the haircut are great and what a wonderful memory -- Liam's first haircut at the Magic Kingdom!

Love those mouse ears!

A rutabaga, you say? Didn't Rabbit grow rutabagas in his garden???
He would drink apple juice 24/7 if I let him.

What doesn't Rabbit grow???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
what a wonderful memory!! the pics are great and Liam looks so grown up with his 'big boy' haircut!

yep i agree..$14 is a bargain!

paula
It really is a deal at $14...especially when you compare it to the cost of the BBB stuff for girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Liam is too cute getting his first haircut. I love that he has a grip on the sippy cup in every picture, it made me chuckle.

I think the $14 haircut is a huge bargain!
If you can see it, the sippy cup teather that I had to make in the resort room is on it and hooked to that booster seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAMWDW View Post
Awwwh, he was so good! That is adorable!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Awwww - those pictures are precious! So glad it went well for him. And love those Mickey ears! That really is a great deal. Makes me want to take at least one of the boys in there for a haircut on our trip.
If they get the gel....I've heard that it takes forever to dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I have to ask about the barber shop. . .what time does it open and do you make appointments or is it walk-up? Our ds is completely terrified of haircuts (and he's almost 8!) and I think if while we are in WDW, we get his hair cut, things will be easier for us.
I believe that it is open from 9am to 5pm and it's walk-up only. There are 2 Barber chairs.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:26 AM   #398
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post

Yes I'm pregnant with our second child, they will be 2 years apart....an infant and a 2 yr old toddler....for the love of Mickey what were we thinking??
Hello Heidi!

...and Congratulations!!

I'm only on pg 1, but I wanted to stop and tell you how happy I am for you!

And don't worry.... mine were exactly the same: an infant and a 2 yr old, and its actually easier because you're still "in the groove" of diapers and strollers. I think its actually harder when you get out of that groove and have them further apart.

Anyway, back to page one.....

Kathy
Old 01-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #399
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hey, its me again!

I loved all your pix of the CBR! This was the first Disney resort we ever stayed at and it will always hold a special place in my heart!

I agree that the NEMO theming in the room was just right... not too overpowering. So happy you persevered and got the perfect room!

Okay... I'm goin' back in......

Kathy
Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #400
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
Very cute pics, thanks so much for the update. Looking forward to more!
My goal is to finish up Day 3 by the end of the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Yay for some Disney Magic. I hope the rest of the trip goes well.
Let's just say the vacation had it's highs and lows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Aw Liam looks so big getting a haircut!
It's amazing how much he changes as he gets older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hello Heidi!

...and Congratulations!!

I'm only on pg 1, but I wanted to stop and tell you how happy I am for you!

And don't worry.... mine were exactly the same: an infant and a 2 yr old, and its actually easier because you're still "in the groove" of diapers and strollers. I think its actually harder when you get out of that groove and have them further apart.

Anyway, back to page one.....

Kathy
Thanks for the Congrats. I totally understand what you mean about since being in the "groove"......I'm just going have a lot of diapers to change and bottles and sippy cups to wash!

Old 01-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #401
MRYPPNS

After Liamís hair cut we made our way back up Main Street.

And then on to Itís a Small World.

I was hopefully that after a nap, lunch and a great experience at the Barber shop Liam would handle a ride better than in the morning. Dollies of the world and a catchy tune just might do the trick. It was near 1pm and we didnít have much of a wait, the line kept moving so that wasnít a problem.

He was so-so on the ride. He wasnít scared, but I canít really say that he enjoyed it. He started getting fussy in the middle of the ride but forgot all about it when I let him play with a new toyÖ..that toy? My digital camera. The next pictures were taken by Liam and are just a few of the many he took.

We pretty much figured out at this point that we wouldnít bother trying any more rides today. It just really wasnít worth it.

Time for a snack! DH and I loved the funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow on our last trip so thatís where we went. The line was a little long and I thought Liam needed a diaper change (remember that huge apple juice?) so DH got in line to get the Funnel cake ($3.29) and a big Milk ($1.99) while I took Liam back to the Baby Care Center.

I got all the way in there and he was dry! Back to DH we went. He had already started eating it. But Liam and I took it over. I love funnel cake. And so doesnít Liam!

After our snack we headed to ToonTown since the rides in Adventureland were out. It was sort of a mini-mob scene over there. Mickey and Minnieís houses had lines so that was a no go. And the kidís playground was busy with older kids. It was cold that day so Donaldís Boat was deserted. Most people donít realize that Disney will turn off the water when itís cold (did you know that the level of splash on Splash Mountain is controlled by the outside temperature?)

Donaldís Boat in dry-dock:

A couple of ToonTown shots:

Pit stop for all of us at Peteís:

By now I had a feeling that we might not make it back to the Magic Kingdom this tripÖ.I kinda already felt like we wasted an admission ticket today so I didnít want to feel like we had to come back just to get a few things done that I have planned for later in the week. So the new plan for the rest of the day was head to Toworrowland, then Main Street, and then get dinner before we left MK.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #402
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Some of those pictures were a little deja vu from just reading Julie's update!! Interesting fact about Splash Mountain's water level - that makes complete sense - I just wouldn't have thought of that.

I hope you guys get to enjoy some park time this trip - I'm a little worried for you.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #403
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Some of those pictures were a little deja vu from just reading Julie's update!! Interesting fact about Splash Mountain's water level - that makes complete sense - I just wouldn't have thought of that.

I hope you guys get to enjoy some park time this trip - I'm a little worried for you.
I just read her update after I posted mine and thought the same thing.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #404
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Can you believe of all the times I've been to Disney, I don't think I've ever even visited Donald's boat. I love your pictures, Heidi. You do such a great job, that's an awesome shot of the castle. And I'm quite fond of Liam's interpretation of IASW. Those blurry shots are darn cute.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #405
Peace Mickey Lovers
Mouseketeer

I love your trip report! It brings back so many memories from my first trip
with my oldest daughter, she was 13 months old.
Enjooy every minute of it because it goes so fast.

[DH: RIP 5/12/11:MEDDDD:stitch

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: