Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #76
Nalla
Disney Pup
 
Nalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 237

for the space mountain question I was asked "A couple with a child is getting in line and you see that the child is too short to ride, what do you do?"
So my answer was to first inform them that the child wasn't tall enough, and then ask to see if they'd be interested in doing a child swap. If the parents were the ones wanting to ride, and the kid was just agreeing to go with them, then that would work. If it was the child who wanted to ride, I suggested that they could try Goofy's Barnstormer because it is a rollercoaster with a similar top speed and max drop, but with a 9" less height requirement.

After I said all that, my interviewer asked "Are you at Disney a lot, you seem to know a lot about the attractions?", so I told her I used to live on the gulf coast (sarasota, fl) so I went to disney 3 or 4 times a year and that now I live in jersey but try to make it down to disney world at least once a year.

Is that a good answer? I really wish I'd thought of mentioning the TTA going inside space mt.
In my interview, as per my movie theater manager's advice, I made sure to use disney lingo and say guests, CMs, attractions etc instead of customers, employees, rides.
Nalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #77
orangekid13
Mouseketeer
Hmmm, not nice to call someone a liar
 
orangekid13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Washington aka too far away
Posts: 596

I'll admit I owe graygables a cookie or something, I used the TTA thing when I got that question, now I wish I'd thought of the barnstormer idea too...
__________________

Magic Kingdom on July 4th 2005, waiting for the fireworks display

Spring '12 Management Science and Integration PI (start Jan 12th)
Monorails Seasonal CM through May 2011
Spring '09 Walt Disney World College Program - Monorails
'05 Walt Disney World (Grad present from mom) included July 4th
'00 Disneyland (March), (May) - Played in Magic Music Days
'98 Walt Disney World
'93, '96 Disneyland
orangekid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #78
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalla View Post
Is that a good answer? I really wish I'd thought of mentioning the TTA going inside space mt.
In my interview, as per my movie theater manager's advice, I made sure to use disney lingo and say guests, CMs, attractions etc instead of customers, employees, rides.
Yes, I think it was a great answer! When I got the question, I never thought to mention the Barnstormer. Great idea!
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #79
Climber656
WDWCP Spring 09'!
 
Climber656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 102

So I had my phone interview on Sunday and I feel like it went pretty well. The lady that interviewed me was very nice and personable. We started off with making sure all of my information was correct and that I was able to do somethings like legally able to work in the US and things of that sort. She also wanted to know when I would want to be there. She said that I could put down Spring and if I wanted to extend I could do that while I am down there; we'll see about that! She also asked me if I had been to WDW recently and what my experience was like. I assumed that this was to figure out which park I liked best and which would be best for me to work in.
From there, she asked me about what roles I had check on the role check sheet. I told her I was interested in the following:

1. Hospitality
2. Attractions
3. Character Attendant
4. Full Service Food and Beverage.

She asked me questions mostly about Hospitality and Attractions. I didn't get any questions about Character Attendant (dang! I kinda wanted that one most.) She asked if I was interested at all in dong Quick Service Food and Beverage. I said no. I have worked in restaurants since I was 15 and one of the big reasons I want to work at Disney is that I want an experience that is totally unique and not do something that I could do anywhere. I wish I had specified which resort I wanted to be in. I guess if I get it, I will be in All-Star or Pop! lol....I hope this helps. I wanted to write this while it was still fresh in my mind. My girlfriend, who is a campus rep., sat in the room during my interview. She said I did great.I feel like I answered every question professionally, yet with a certain amount of personality. Hopefully, I will meet some of you this Spring!

Cheers!
-Andrew
Climber656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #80
MushuGirl06
If you can dream it, you can do it! -Walt Disney
 
MushuGirl06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 455

I have a quick question...

I was reading through the thread and someone said if you are going to apply you have to take a semester off...is this true?

i thought there were certain classes you could take while you were down in the college program that would turn into college credits; if your college/university was willing to
__________________
I can't stop the rain from falling
Can't stop my heart from calling you
It's calling you
MushuGirl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #81
Climber656
WDWCP Spring 09'!
 
Climber656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushuGirl06 View Post
I have a quick question...

I was reading through the thread and someone said if you are going to apply you have to take a semester off...is this true?

i thought there were certain classes you could take while you were down in the college program that would turn into college credits; if your college/university was willing to
You can. The classes offered are certified by the American Council on Education for credit. It is up to your university if they take the count the transfer. Talk to you adviser or person in Career Services. They should know. Make sure to take the class syllabus to them when you meet. You can find them on the CP website.
Climber656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #82
GApeach0407
But who cares, no big deal, i want more
 
GApeach0407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Past the second star to the right
Posts: 32

Here are my tips for the phone interview.

1. SMILE! You can always "hear a smile" through the phone.
2. Don't be nervous and be yourself.
3. Be comfortable. For my first CP interview, i wore pjs and a tshirt and it made me 10x more comfortable than if I had been in "interview" clothes.

that's all i can think of, off the top of my head.
__________________
Starlight Starbright first star I see tonight, I wish I may I wish I might have the wish I wished tonight

<a href='http://www.mickeypath.com/'>
<img src='http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1250654356.png'>
</a>
GApeach0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:06 AM   #83
Disneyobsession138
I have a slightly unhealty obsession with Disney Word --- Live Laugh Love Disney :)
 
Disneyobsession138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Connecticut, Long Island, and Williamsburg Brooklyn
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber656 View Post
... She asked me questions mostly about Hospitality and Attractions. I didn't get any questions about Character Attendant (dang! I kinda wanted that one most.) She asked if I was interested at all in dong Quick Service Food and Beverage. I said no. I have worked in restaurants since I was 15 and one of the big reasons I want to work at Disney is that I want an experience that is totally unique and not do something that I could do anywhere. I wish I had specified which resort I wanted to be in. I guess if I get it, I will be in All-Star or Pop! lol....I hope this helps. I wanted to write this while it was still fresh in my mind. My girlfriend, who is a campus rep., sat in the room during my interview. She said I did great.I feel like I answered every question professionally, yet with a certain amount of personality. Hopefully, I will meet some of you this Spring!

Cheers!
-Andrew
Hi to Andrew, and anyone for that matter!!

I am planning to mark my top roles as Hospitality and Attractions, as well. I was wondering what types of questions they asked you for these. I know the guest with the specific requests, and the space mountain questions.. but are there any others I could think about before my interview? Were there any questions that surprised you or caught you off guard?! I'd really appreciate it, I get so anxious, I know I'm not alone here, but I'd like to sound knowledgeable rather than nervous!!

Thank you!!
__________________
- Obsessive Disney World Enthusiast -
- CP Fall 2011! -
- Hopeful Fall 2013 CP or PI in Hospitality/Lodging! -



'92- Polynesian'94+'95- Grand Floridian '96+'97- Polynesian '98+'99-Yacht Club '00+'01- Polynesian '02+'03- Animal Kingdom Lodge '04- Boardwalk Villas '05+'06- Old Key West '07- Contemporary '08 - Grand Floridian '08 Old key West '10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge-Club Level! '11-Yacht Club
Disneyobsession138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #84
Jaimenjones
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20

Do anyone know any interview questions for lifeguarding and recreation?
Jaimenjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #85
BeckerzCP09
Earned my ears Twice during one program
 
BeckerzCP09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 80

What would be some questions for Costuming?
BeckerzCP09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #86
joepic
M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-EEEEEEEEEE
 
joepic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber656 View Post
So I had my phone interview on Sunday and I feel like it went pretty well. The lady that interviewed me was very nice and personable. We started off with making sure all of my information was correct and that I was able to do somethings like legally able to work in the US and things of that sort. She also wanted to know when I would want to be there. She said that I could put down Spring and if I wanted to extend I could do that while I am down there; we'll see about that! She also asked me if I had been to WDW recently and what my experience was like. I assumed that this was to figure out which park I liked best and which would be best for me to work in.
From there, she asked me about what roles I had check on the role check sheet. I told her I was interested in the following:

1. Hospitality
2. Attractions
3. Character Attendant
4. Full Service Food and Beverage.

She asked me questions mostly about Hospitality and Attractions. I didn't get any questions about Character Attendant (dang! I kinda wanted that one most.) She asked if I was interested at all in dong Quick Service Food and Beverage. I said no. I have worked in restaurants since I was 15 and one of the big reasons I want to work at Disney is that I want an experience that is totally unique and not do something that I could do anywhere. I wish I had specified which resort I wanted to be in. I guess if I get it, I will be in All-Star or Pop! lol....I hope this helps. I wanted to write this while it was still fresh in my mind. My girlfriend, who is a campus rep., sat in the room during my interview. She said I did great.I feel like I answered every question professionally, yet with a certain amount of personality. Hopefully, I will meet some of you this Spring!

Cheers!
-Andrew
This is a very interesting thread! Since Hospitality will be on the top of my list, I'm glad to have read some of the experiences.

I've been working at McDonald's for almost two and a half years, and QSFB is something I want to steer away from, for the same reason as you.

Please let us know how you do!
__________________

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney


August 2008 - Contemporary
, 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary
joepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #87
BeckerzCP09
Earned my ears Twice during one program
 
BeckerzCP09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckerzCP09 View Post
What would be some questions for Costuming?
and ideas?
BeckerzCP09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #88
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran
 
ZeroToHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,884

I wonder if one of the questions now for Attractions will be "Someone really wants to ride Space Mountain, and it's their last day, but it's closed, so what do you tell them?"

And you can't even say "you can go on the TTA" because that's closed too.
Would you recommend them to Big Thunder Mountain or something? =/

I hope Space Mountain opens sometime before we all leave!
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #89
GApeach0407
But who cares, no big deal, i want more
 
GApeach0407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Past the second star to the right
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
I wonder if one of the questions now for Attractions will be "Someone really wants to ride Space Mountain, and it's their last day, but it's closed, so what do you tell them?"

And you can't even say "you can go on the TTA" because that's closed too.
Would you recommend them to Big Thunder Mountain or something? =/

I hope Space Mountain opens sometime before we all leave!
it closes in april and opens close to the end of 2009 so yes if you're accepted into fall or fa 2009 then it will be open before you leave.
__________________
Starlight Starbright first star I see tonight, I wish I may I wish I might have the wish I wished tonight

<a href='http://www.mickeypath.com/'>
<img src='http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1250654356.png'>
</a>
GApeach0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #90
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland
 
Joanna71985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
Posts: 13,806

Quote:
Originally Posted by GApeach0407 View Post
it closes in april and opens close to the end of 2009 so yes if you're accepted into fall or fa 2009 then it will be open before you leave.
Hopefully.
__________________
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: