Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #376
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Wow, it was empty at Magic Kingdom that day! Why on earth didn't we go on the 28th rather than go to EPCOT that morning for the morning EMH. It certainly was not worth it for me!
I avoid EMH mornings at all costs.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #377
MRYPPNS

Now Liam has napped, eaten lunch, and has had a pit stop at the Baby Care Center.

I decided to be brave (or foolish as it was about the same at this point) and take Liam to get his first hair cut at the Main Street Barber shop. Quite frankly the kid really needed his hair cut and I figured if he was going to have a fit about it anyways we might as well get free Mouse ears out of it. I’m guessing that it was about 12noon. The line wasn’t bad. It looked like there was 1 boy in front of us plus the two people that were already in the chairs. In reality there 2 other women that were waiting as well, their girlfriend was already in the chair. DH walked around the area with Liam to try to keep him busy, while I stood in line. The Barber shop is so small…that I was outside the whole time in line. I chatted with the Mom that was ahead of me….she was telling me that their first trip with their son all they could ride with him was It’s a Small World…..over and over again. Here’s a funny story about the boy in front of me in line….he was about 12 I’d say. He was getting a trim and the colored gel for his hair. His Barber asked him what 2 colors would he like…..the boy choose blue and pink. His father (who was also there) about died! You should have seen his face….Priceless! He tried so hard to get his son to pick something other then pink without really saying what you knew he was really thinking about it. Nope….young son got blue and pink hair….and it was mostly pink!
We had a near scare at this point because Daisy Duck came out to do a meet and greet very close to the Barber Shop….some how DH kept Liam from seeing her.

Then it was Liam’s turn.

He had Diane as his Barber….she was wonderful! I asked about Liam sitting on Dad’s lap but Diane wanted to try doing it on the booster seat thing first, which I was ok with….I figured she does this every day so I trusted her judgment. She tried to give Liam stickers….well I had the only kid at Disney that could care less about stickers. So I whipped out the big sippy cup of apple juice, and Diane got to cuttin’.

I stopped taking pictures at this point to entertain Liam with a Buzz Lightyear toy that his Barber had for the kids to play with.

Liam was so good for his hair cut. At the end Diane asked if she should buzz the back of his neck and I say no to that….I think it would have scared him and I didn’t want to ruin a perfect memory.

We were given some of his hair, a certificate, little kid mouse ears that say first hair cut on the back….all that for $14. Plus a good tip for the Barber.

Finally a bit of Disney Magic for us!

Weekly mini baby update: We're at 25 weeks to go. She's about the weight of a Rutabaga! And she's a kicker.....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #378
nateryan
Mouseketeer

I had waited to get DS2 his first haircut at the Barber Shop at MK. It was great! He did so well! I went during the 3pm parade so that entertained the boys while we were waiting. We had Penny and she put stickers all of him and gave him the Tinkerbell light up toy. Such a great memory, right?

Oct 98 - CBR - Honeymoon * Dec 00 - CBR & CS * Dec 01 - CBR * Dec 03 - Poly * Dec 04 - BCV * Nov 05 - CBR * Nov 07 - CBR * Nov 08 - CBR * Dec 10 - CBR
Old 01-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #380
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateryan View Post
I had waited to get DS2 his first haircut at the Barber Shop at MK. It was great! He did so well! I went during the 3pm parade so that entertained the boys while we were waiting. We had Penny and she put stickers all of him and gave him the Tinkerbell light up toy. Such a great memory, right?
It is a really sweet experience! I see that you braved the buzzers with your little guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great pictures Heidi!! I'm so glad the haircut was a success!!
You guys needed some good memories at this point.
I was really worried that he was going to have a major meltdown and he'd end up with half of a hair cut....but he just drank his juice and didn't even pay much attention to the "stranger" playing with his hair.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #381
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Those pictures are so cute! I'm so glad that the haircut was a good experience!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #382
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I am so glad the haircut went so well for you!

That is just awesome! DS has had a hair cut at the barbershop. It wasn't his first, but they do an excellent job, they really do. I have to say, when his got down, it was a little too short for my taste, but in all honest, it was the best haircut as far as growing out that I think we've ever had. Because of the way they did it, it grew out so even and lasted a really long time.

Now, forget it. I've taken to cutting his hair at home because he hates getting it done. :::sigh::: Maybe someday we can have fun at the barbershop again.

I hope the rest of your day went just as well!
Old 01-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #383
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Margaret had Diane too....IASW

glad he enjoyed his 1st Haircut!
Old 01-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #384
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Those pictures are precious!! I am so glad you got a great Disney memory out of it. I hope this is the turning point where you start to have a magical time.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #385
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

I'm going to have to really pay attention to your report now. Looks like we might be taking Caleb when he is 2 or 3. My parents have been wanting to take DH and I and Caleb and my brother, SIL and newphew to Disney probably about 2010 sometime. I can't wait for Caleb to have his first trip with his cousin (who it will also be his first trip)
Old 01-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #386
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

That apple juice is as big as Liam!!!

The pictures of the haircut are great and what a wonderful memory -- Liam's first haircut at the Magic Kingdom!

Love those mouse ears!

A rutabaga, you say? Didn't Rabbit grow rutabagas in his garden???
Old 01-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #387
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

what a wonderful memory!! the pics are great and Liam looks so grown up with his 'big boy' haircut!

yep i agree..$14 is a bargain!

paula
Old 01-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #388
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Liam is too cute getting his first haircut. I love that he has a grip on the sippy cup in every picture, it made me chuckle.

I think the $14 haircut is a huge bargain!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:58 AM   #389
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Awwwh, he was so good! That is adorable!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO & DISNEYLAND

Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #390
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Awwww - those pictures are precious! So glad it went well for him. And love those Mickey ears! That really is a great deal. Makes me want to take at least one of the boys in there for a haircut on our trip.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: