Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 09:01 PM   #16
siestakeys04
DIS Veteran

Baby Luke is so handsome, congrats can't wait to read about the new trip
Aug 13-19 2006 Wilderness Lodge
July 29-Aug 1, 2009 All Star Music
Old 01-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #17
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Deals....
WDW must like my money... free dining and room discount emails all fall, but I still was not tempted. 4/3 deal for winter through June sounded great and as I watch Charleston Princess move up to the Beach Club I must admit I thought about how reasonable a trip to the WL would be, but still no- I am not taking an infant. I got the 40% off code, which really did not peak my interest since it is only good for times I am working. I did not mention any of these emails to a soul because speaking of them would get my wheels turing (although I could not bring myself to hit delete- the emails on still in my files).

As Christmas break arrived I started to research summer vacation options. I thought the beach would be manageable and that deals would be available since well the economy tanked. I thought a trip to Hilton Head would be lots of fun, and perhaps I could visit the Hilton Head DVC to get a five minute Disney fix. DH even looked at some of the possible condos we could rent, so we were on our way.

During break though we had my dad in the car when he mentioned WDW and how he wanted to go with the girls. I am not sure I even responded but was glad he was getting the return to WDW bug, since I was hoping he and my mom would join us next trip, hopefully in 2010. My mom watches the kids while I work and tagged along with us back when Hannah was almost two. They are great with my kids and are very close to them. I knew they would be fantastic help.

Then my mom mentions too that dad wants to go to WDW... I think I said great, you know we will head back. I did not even say when because the big hurdle I thought would be DH.

DH and I do a lot of back and forth negotations on our WDW trips. I say two weeks he says one. He says one park day I say parks everyday. I am okay CS he loves to sit down. He hates that I teach and won't take off to go during the spring/winter/fall when it is not hot, I say tough. I know to go with him I can plan no more than 2 park days and then a day off from parks. Granted we do things, DTD, dining, swimming, and our kids wake up early but he hates touring commmando. Luckily DIS and TGM have added so many tips, along with going a lot so we tour less crazy now. Plus having kids we have slowed down, but we have done 12 hour park days with the girls... they are such troopers!

Then last weekend we had a quiet dinner at Olive Garden. Quiet because the girls were spending the night at my parent’s house. As we talked without interruption (Luke was just looking around in his carseat) vacation came up. I was mentioning when I wanted to go to Hilton Head and some condos and stuff I had found. My husband says “I would rather just go to WDW!” I never in 9 years of marriage thought I would hear him say that- and I almost cried. I was mad that he would say that knowing how I had accepted that we were not going back to WDW this year, and I told him that. We also discussed how my mom had mentioned that my dad had said he was ready to go back to WDW (we traveled there in 2005 with them) and that she would not mind going again too! We knew at this point a trip with additional adults would be the only way we could probably manage the crowds and three children in the hot summer. DH also mentioned maybe we could leave Luke at home with the grandparents- which I objected too. I just think I would never hear the end someday to leaving him at home. (Although my mom left my brother with my grandparents when we visited WDW the first time)

So that evening I forwarded on info to DH about the 4 nights, 3 free deal and the 40 off code I received and left it at that. I did not even check prices/ availability on WDW because I was sure he was not serious.

Saturday no talk of Disney.... but then Sunday my parents were over and DH said again he wanted to go to WDW in front of them. My mom said she would rather go to WDW than the beach too. My dad commented that he had read about the 4/3 deal and thought that sounded great to which my mom said it is going on in June. This entire conversation left me shocked... no one seemed troubled by the idea of taking Luke. DH dropped the idea of well we could leave Luke with you two, to which my mom said she wouldn't leave him at home, but she would take care of him in WDW when we went on the rides, etc. So this continued on for a while.... and once the girls were in bed I was quickly on the phone with reservations! DH and my parents had not said yes... but I wanted to get some availablity and $$$ to share- I had to present this.

So we cannot go until school is out, and we get out later this year June 10th -- unless we have make up snow days. We have used already 4 of the five days allotted (3 days for the windstorms after the hurricanes- yes in OHIO and we did not have school Friday due to the cold temps). So honestly we need a few day buffer in case we go later. The first date the reservationist came up with was June 18th at Coronado Springs Resort....waterview (I said no I want a regular room, which she then found me two. We check for WL and AKL nothing -boo (that is what happens when you wait so long) nothing either at POR or POFQ or Carribean Beach. POP was available and so was Saratoga Springs and Old Key West.... decisions decisions decisions... and I still really did not believe we were really going to go.

Register to remove

Old 01-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #18
arkie
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited for your family. I love reading your reports and the pics of your children. It's hard to skip a year. We skipped 2008 and I don't have a trip
planned yet. Hoping for a quick trip in early March before my first grandbaby
arrives in April. I have never taken an infant, but I can't wait to take Ty as soon as his Mom and Dad ok's a trip.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #19
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I can't believe it was DH that said, "I would rather just go to Disney World." That's awesome! Sounds like someone has been converted!!!

I would have been on that phone lickety-split, too! It doesn't take much for me to start pulling numbers!

Don't forget, too, that Disney is so family-friendly (baby care centers, etc.) that it will make taking Luke easier.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #20
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
You are the reason why... I won't have your pictures and reports to read, so I have to go myself Honestly the stars were aligned... stay tuned! Plus as you have stated... go when the kids are free- like Luke will be (DH and I already said we have to get another trip in before he turns 3)
well, glad i could help! i'll have to live vicariously through you for awhile.

i bet when your DH said he'd rather go to disney it was like the heavens opened up and angels sang! that's really cool. i remember after we returned from our first trip together and about a week later we were talking about what we wanted to do for vacation the next year and ray says, "i'm ready to go back when you are." it was so great to hear that! can't wait to hear which deal you end up getting. i've stayed at pop, OKW and SSR. of the 3 of course SSR is my favorite. but pop is nice too. OKW was okay. of course you have more room than at pop and also a fridge and microwave. i just didn't really like the decor over there. i've seen pics of CSR and the rooms look really nice!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #21
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

I thought I replied to this! Anyway, I am SO excited for you all to be going again! How great that your parents will be there to help too! You will be there 1 day before us, I hope we bump into one another I am on pins and needles waiting to hear where you will be staying! We brought Eric to Disney when he was only 5 months old and he was GREAT!! Luke will love all the noises and lights but the best thing is he will probably be sleeping really well by then too!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #22
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I was so happy when you told me you changed your mind! Yeah, a trip PTR and TR to get me through until October!

We stayed at POP in November and we really liked it. We like WL more, but Pop is nice.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #23
Melissa79
Mouseketeer

Hi! I read your last TR and was excited to see that you are going again. Congrats on the new addition to the family! Can't wait to hear more!

~Dec 08 TR~ Never finished because pregnancy got in the way! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2167550
Old 01-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #24
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

I wish Disney would extend the 4/3 deal. Too bad we won't have the money until after it's over.

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 01-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #25
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Joining...can't wait to keep reading.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #26
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siestakeys04 View Post
Baby Luke is so handsome, congrats can't wait to read about the new trip
Thanks... I will have a resort update tomorrow... have friends in town for the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie View Post
I'm so excited for your family. I love reading your reports and the pics of your children. It's hard to skip a year. We skipped 2008 and I don't have a trip
planned yet. Hoping for a quick trip in early March before my first grandbaby
arrives in April. I have never taken an infant, but I can't wait to take Ty as soon as his Mom and Dad ok's a trip.
First grandchild- congratulations! Do you know if it is a boy or girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I can't believe it was DH that said, "I would rather just go to Disney World." That's awesome! Sounds like someone has been converted!!!

I would have been on that phone lickety-split, too! It doesn't take much for me to start pulling numbers!

Don't forget, too, that Disney is so family-friendly (baby care centers, etc.) that it will make taking Luke easier.
Yes... I had moments when I thought of you and your husband. Today however he asked if we had deposited and said he did not want to go- too hot, wrong resort, too many park days.... I think he does it just to make me mad. Plus now he would have to deal with Hannah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
well, glad i could help! i'll have to live vicariously through you for awhile.

i bet when your DH said he'd rather go to disney it was like the heavens opened up and angels sang! that's really cool. i remember after we returned from our first trip together and about a week later we were talking about what we wanted to do for vacation the next year and ray says, "i'm ready to go back when you are." it was so great to hear that! can't wait to hear which deal you end up getting. i've stayed at pop, OKW and SSR. of the 3 of course SSR is my favorite. but pop is nice too. OKW was okay. of course you have more room than at pop and also a fridge and microwave. i just didn't really like the decor over there. i've seen pics of CSR and the rooms look really nice!
Tomorrow resort reveal.. no time to write much tonight.. just reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
I thought I replied to this! Anyway, I am SO excited for you all to be going again! How great that your parents will be there to help too! You will be there 1 day before us, I hope we bump into one another I am on pins and needles waiting to hear where you will be staying! We brought Eric to Disney when he was only 5 months old and he was GREAT!! Luke will love all the noises and lights but the best thing is he will probably be sleeping really well by then too!
We just put him to bed awake.. we are trying to get better at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I was so happy when you told me you changed your mind! Yeah, a trip PTR and TR to get me through until October!

We stayed at POP in November and we really liked it. We like WL more, but Pop is nice.
Yes.. no WL this time... next trip for sure I told DH today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa79 View Post
Hi! I read your last TR and was excited to see that you are going again. Congrats on the new addition to the family! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for joining again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
I wish Disney would extend the 4/3 deal. Too bad we won't have the money until after it's over.
I wonder what their next deal will be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
Joining...can't wait to keep reading.
Thanks!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #27
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Yes... I had moments when I thought of you and your husband. Today however he asked if we had deposited and said he did not want to go- too hot, wrong resort, too many park days.... I think he does it just to make me mad. Plus now he would have to deal with Hannah!
Charles pulls that kind of thing all the time! Grrrr.

You should be safe now that the girls know -- he would never break their hearts like that.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #28
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Charles pulls that kind of thing all the time! Grrrr.

You should be safe now that the girls know -- he would never break their hearts like that.

Or have to tell my parents....
Old 01-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #29
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Oh Laura---I'm HERE!!!!! AND SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!! I can't wait to hear about your reveal of the resort----having stayed at 3 out of the 4 (CSR, SSR, and OKW) before, my vote is for CSR. BUT, you really can't go wrong----it is DISNEY!!!!! So happy for you girl!!! Waiting for more......patiently!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 01-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #30
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Hi Laura - I have been a lurker on your other two reports. I am so excited for you and your family about another Disney trip. I really enjoyed your last two reports. That is nice that your parents will be going with you this trip to help with the kids.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: