Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 07:42 AM   #271
MissMichelle
DIS Veteran

YAY!!! Good, no I am subscribed and ready for the report---I have 12 days so let's get started! LOL HAHA, Im one to talk--I have NEVER been able to finish a TR the way Id like...I promise not to fizzle and I always do...I think my August report is still on day 4 or so. OUCH.

Im going to work hard on doing a LIVE report this month since I wont be there with the kids, it should be easier then last time. We'll see
Old 01-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #272
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Hi Everyone! I had my jury duty today and guess what I was picked. I have to go back tommorow. I still can not get over I got picked.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #273
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Real Quick

I received jury duty for the first time, and was picked today to be on the jury.
I have to update this weekend!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:50 AM   #274
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Wow! Have fun with jury duty! Hopefully you get an interesting case.

Can't wait for the update!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 01-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #275
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
I am typing up the TR at work...SLOWLY! Things are a bit busy there.
Though we are having a meeting at the end of the month, and rumor is our hours are being cut. I just applied tonight for a night job as on call server for a retirement home. My DF works there part time. She loves it. DH is serious about buying into DVC!!!!!!!!!! At Ds party his DC said they bought into it in Oct. They told him all about it, and of course now he wants to look into it.So I need to get some of my credit cards paid off.I should have made him go on the tour.

I am not happy with the photo pass pictures we had taken.
The majority of them came out awful. They really need to line people up better for the picture. Half of the pictures DS is in front of DD or myself, or someone is not even ready to get in the picture.
I am also having trouble editing the ones we took with DD camera.
I cannot get rid of the red eye. Photo bucket red eye does not work. I always upload my pics to snapfish, but that is not helping either.
Try downloading Picasa by Google...it's free and wonderful for editing!

I love the snowglobe pic! Can't wait to jump over and read your TR!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #276
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Jury duty- yuck! Getting back to reality stinks!
Can't wait to read more!

Old 01-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #277
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi!! I'm here too!! Great start! Jury duty..wow....hope that doesn't slow down the TR process! LOL!! Hope it's at least something interesting for you!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #278
pamouselover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Try downloading Picasa by Google...it's free and wonderful for editing!

I love the snowglobe pic! Can't wait to jump over and read your TR!

Thanks! DH had that and put it back in. I making him edit them for me. I just dont have the time.

Jury duty was exciting and stressful. It was for a burglary, not that far from my own home. We found him not guilty. There were too many loop holes. When it comes down to it, the police did not do their job. Which made me very sad. I had a hard time with the fact they do not finger print your house if it is robbed.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #279
pamouselover

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
First!

So excited to hear all about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafmastermom View Post
Not first!

Second!

I'm here and ready to see some pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Great start! Can't wait to read more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Can't wait to hear more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl81 View Post
Yeah! I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip!! Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFan4Life View Post
Nice start. I'm looking forward to read more and see pics from you. I'm glad that you have fun and enjoy your trip in WDW.

Have a nice day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Drat!! Not first, but you know I am here girl!!! I am really excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMichelle View Post
YAY!!! Good, no I am subscribed and ready for the report---I have 12 days so let's get started! LOL HAHA, Im one to talk--I have NEVER been able to finish a TR the way Id like...I promise not to fizzle and I always do...I think my August report is still on day 4 or so. OUCH.

Im going to work hard on doing a LIVE report this month since I wont be there with the kids, it should be easier then last time. We'll see
Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Wow! Have fun with jury duty! Hopefully you get an interesting case.

Can't wait for the update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Jury duty- yuck! Getting back to reality stinks!
Can't wait to read more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi!! I'm here too!! Great start! Jury duty..wow....hope that doesn't slow down the TR process! LOL!! Hope it's at least something interesting for you!!!
Hi Everyone! I have DH editing photos for me. I was having no luck getting the red eye out of photos. My camera broke and we used DD camera that we bought her for her birthday. It cost more then my camera and takes awful pictures unless it is daylight. So I am hoping to get something up today. I am playing catch up to everyone else’s reports at the moment.

Jury duty: If you read my PTR, I have never received a letter even before. I have always wanted to get it. Tuesday night I called the number and it stated all jury’s were to report. I was like "I really don’t feel like going to DH." Of course Wednesday was so cold here in Pa. I got to the court house, and had to wait to park, and then wait to go through the security. I then want into a room that was filled with people. Had a hard time founding a seat. Filled out papers, and thought ok this is where I sit all day? DH has had jury duty five times. I call him at work and he says yup that is the room, hope you are cozy. Not funny. A judge comes and speaks to us and then a woman explains that there is two criminal cases today. She calls out 40 names and then proceeded out the one door. The she states that she will now call out 65 names for the next case. I look around the room and there looks like that is all the is left. I was jury #38. I go and get into a line outside the room. We then go outside to a different building. Inside this building we waited in the hallway all lined up, yes like in school. But the problem was we waited for 30 minutes. Finally we are being moved. To my shock, we go straight into a courtroom. I am seated in the third row. I see the defendant and the lawyers looking everyone over. OMG...I was not planning on this. The judge then goes into details, and then asks many questions. Do you know the lawyers, defendant, etc. After all the questions, they side bar to speak to those who stood and answered yes to anything. About 30 people were dismissed. The judge then informs us that the lawyers will now pick the 12 jury from those left. We are told to put are numbers higher now. I feel like the victim at this point. You have four lawyers and a guy staring at you. I get out my Rachel ray magazine to look at. I felt really uncomfortable. Twenty minutes later and they begin to call out names and # of the jury.

Jury #12....I hear my number then my full name. I stand shocked and scared at this point. I take my place in the jury box. Two alternates are picked. The others are dismissed. We hear opening arguments. The judge then lets us leave for lunch. Given us an hour to return. We are taken to the jury room and told where the cafeteria is located. Well of course I did not bring any money today, because I planned on sitting in a room till lunch time and begin dismissed. So I decide to go out and get something. Called DH and he could not believe me. I had butterflies. I go back after lunch. Let me tell you it is very strange to sit in a room with 13 others you do not know. We then are called into the courtroom .We then hear from four witnesses for the Common Wealth. Nothing from the defense.
It is so hard to not raise your hand and ask a question. By this time it is late and we are instructed to come back tomorrow. It is 5:30. The courthouse closed at 4:30. I go home and feel very uncomfortable with any of the evidence. It really is hard because you can not speak to anyone about the case. I go over everything in my head a million times. I just don’t get so much, and I can not wait to be able to speak about it all. I tell DH only that I am afraid I am going to be the only one who can not found this person guilty tomorrow. Next day we go in and wait until 10:30am. We go into the courtroom and hear closing arguments. At this point I really can not say guilty. I know this person most likely did it. But the evidence is not there to prove it. We are given instructions as to how we must come to our discussion. We go into the deliberation room, and pick someone to be the foreman. He then wants to take a vote of everyone. I speak up and say I tell you right now, that I have many questions and this point I can not make a vote. There is one other who is not deciding too. He takes a vote anyway, and I am shocked that only three people found him guilty. I feel a bit better. It was for a burglary interrupted. A computer was stolen. The home owner saw someone leaving his home. He gave a vague description of the person. The police pick up this person based on his jacket. The police also found the computer in the trash four houses away from the person. But there was nothing linking him to the home. They could not place him in the home. The computer came up with no finger prints and they did not finger print the home. As the police officers said they had their men. Sad... The home owner could not pick the defendant out of a line up. So we found him not guilty. I left the courthouse at 4pm yesterday. I came home goggled the men’s (boy) name and sure enough he has a record. I just hope that he learns from this. He has spent a year in jail we were told, since he could not make bail. I especially hope the police learn something from this. I know I sure did. I feel really bad for the homeowner, to have to go through all of this, and nothing come out of it. But we had to base it on the facts, and we would not have been there had there not been reasonable doubt.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #280
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hey, just checking in. Loved hearing about your jury duty. I work in the court system and always wonder how jurors feel. They usually tell us afterwards there is too much waiting around and unanswered questions. It's very common, but you did the right thing based on the evidence.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #281
Remmy
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to read your trip report. Now that you have jury duty out of the way hopefully your name never gets picked again. I live in a small town with a courthouse and never have we been picked. You handled yourself well, I think I would have anxiety overload.

I loved the picture you posted in the Snowbirds thread and look forward to seeing more photos and read about your trip.

Remmy
Old 01-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #282
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Hey! I remember you...asking about Farrah. We just missed one another at WDW. We left on the 21st of December.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #283
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

I've subscribed to this thread too---can't wait to read it

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 01-18-2009, 06:53 AM   #284
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

WOW.....it does sound nerve raking to be chosen to be on the jury!! Glad it's behind you and you're done for a while, right?

Hope you're well!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #285
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Hope you're having a good day Looking forward to the trip report.

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: