Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

Welcome to our pretrip report! I am excited to be back to share the planning (which is half if not more of the fun) and all the adventures that we will have this summer at WDW!

Here is a picture of my family during our trip in June of 2008

Our family consist of:

Me, Laura, is the planner and dreamer of WDW trips. I cry everytime we leave, knowing it is the happiest place on earth. I love helping others get ready for trips (although a tad bit of envy does occur). I am a teacher, a really lucky one that job shares and therefore only works half day. It has been a great thing for me and my family because I have more time with the kids, yet I get to still teach which I love!

DH has tolerated my love of WDW (or so I thought) and usually wants nothing to do with the planning. He reviews menus and has thrown some curveballs in regards to meals. He cannot believe that ADRs are as essential I say until he decides weeks before that I need to get one. He works hard to take great care of our family and enjoys his princesses!

Hannah is our oldest, she is Snow White in her mind. Lately though she is really into the Disney Fairies and on the top of her Santa List was Tinkerbell's Pixie Hollow Playset. That girl could plan trips... she remembers so much of our previous trips and listens to Disney CDs everynight, probably dreaming of WDW! Right now she is obsessed with writing down the names of what she wants to do at WDW and drawing maps. Her favorite rides include Splash Mountain.

Then there is Emily, our middle child. She is the most determined child I know and she too loves the princesses, probably mostly because her sister makes her play with them. Jasmine is typically who she says she likes the most. Dumbo is her favorite ride!

Then we have our baby, Luke. He has no idea what is in store for him!

Here is a couple more trip pictures!

It was a fantastic trip, our last as a family of four since I was due in August. We lived it up with lots of princess time and visits... and I believe I visited every restroom in WDW due to the amounts of water I drank so that the baby and I would be okay!

Then in August Luke arrived

So how did this trip come to be……
“We won’t be going to WDW in 2009” a direct quote from last years trip report. I told this to everyone and most importantly I told myself this and I believed it. So what happened to change this mantra that I had spoken for over 6 months… and said almost daily to our two daughters who love WDW!

one might wonder ...
. I had never believed that we would go to WDW every year, especially since I returned to teaching part time after the birth of our second daughter. I feel very lucky to have been to the world many times, including the five trips my oldest daughter has been during her short five years of life. The last two trips have been especially wonderful, our girls love WDW and really make each moment, big or small so special. I am sure that I will always consider our vacations to WDW some of my best memories of when my kids were young.

But after our last trip when I was 30 plus weeks pregnant with our son, I thought two things: one we would not return until Luke could walk (a rule I stuck to with our second daughter, she was almost 18 months old and had been walking about two months when she first went to WDW) and two I was terribly afraid of what a trip to WDW would be like outnumbered by your kids, especially when they were little. With all this in mind I convienced myself it would be okay, that we could vacation elsewhere and aim to go back in summer of 2010 when Luke was almost two.

But we are indeed headed to WDW in less than sixth months... so stay tuned to just how I convinced to go this year! We have lots of new things planned for this trip and will have fun planning it along the way.

Index

How did this all start

Our Resort of Choice

How will we get to WDW?

Getting an extra night-yeah!

Adding the dining- mini update

7 Days of Park Fun

ADR Ideas

To hop or not

Planning thoughts

ADR time is coming

A Touch of WDW

A weekend update

Called for ADRs #1

Here is the ADRs

A Change in plans

A schedule?

Days 1 and 2- Relaxing at WDW????

Animal Kingdom Plans

Recent pics

EPCOT plans

Coundown Calendar

HS plans

Day 5- MK/EPCOT visit again

A post of last year's top ten

Day-6 Choices

Our Plan...

Good Bye!

Trip Report!
Headed to WDW

Our pixie dust hotel

Our room

Pool Time

Off to DTD

Early morning at the Contemporary

O'Hana's Best Friend Breakfast

The rest of our lazy day

EPCOT -Part 1

EPCOT - Part 2/CSR

2010 plans???

Animal Kingdom

The Rest of AK/CSR

MK morning

Photopass Pictures #1

Photopass Pictures #2

MK continued

Chef Mickey's

Our evening at MK/Bus Ride

DHS Part 1a

DHS Part 1b

DHS Part 2

DTD

Early morning MK/CP
MK continued

EPCOT night

DVC tour

DHS and AKL/AKV

MK morning

the rest of the day

Departure

Last edited by IluvXU; 09-12-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Let me be the first to say I'm on board. We're going in June as well..16th-25th at POP I cannot WAIT. And like you, everytime I leave I get all emotional. Even when we go in the Disney store I get, well you know. I love everything Disney...Walt Disney is my personal hero. And I absolutely love Cinderella. Of course Mickey is in a class all by himself

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

You know that I am onboard and super excited that you do indeed get to go to our favorite place in 2009!!! It truly will be a year of celebrations for you since it is a trip you never thought you would take and Luke will get to experience the World for the very first time! Hip Hip Hurray!!!

Do the girls know yet? Or are you whispering super secret plans into Luke's ear as you rock him to sleep?
Old 01-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I'm in. Can't wait to see Luke on his first trip to magic!

Hannah will very much enjoy sharing her Disney expertise with her little sister and brother, I'm sure. Let the planning begin!!!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
snowwhite325
Another Tag Dreamer... pinch me, am I sleeping?

I always enjoy your PTR/TRs I can't wait to hear all about your plans!

Last edited by snowwhite325; 01-17-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
an_evans
Mouseketeer

Old 01-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

so excited that you're going back! i can't wait to hear what changed your mind. i'm at peace with our decision to not go back until december 2010, but you never know! thanks for giving me a head's up about your trip!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
Let me be the first to say I'm on board. We're going in June as well..16th-25th at POP I cannot WAIT. And like you, everytime I leave I get all emotional. Even when we go in the Disney store I get, well you know. I love everything Disney...Walt Disney is my personal hero. And I absolutely love Cinderella. Of course Mickey is in a class all by himself
Welcome! I still cannot believe we are headed there in less than six months! Hannah always cries too, which makes it hard for me as the mom to not cry harder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
You know that I am onboard and super excited that you do indeed get to go to our favorite place in 2009!!! It truly will be a year of celebrations for you since it is a trip you never thought you would take and Luke will get to experience the World for the very first time! Hip Hip Hurray!!!

Do the girls know yet? Or are you whispering super secret plans into Luke's ear as you rock him to sleep?
I have been re-reading MeMom's trip when Brooklynn was that age.... I am excited to see what he enjoys. With the sad state of the economy I feel extra blessed to be going back too!
The girls know... it has been super fun, Hannah is interviewing everyone trying to plan what to do! I am sad we are just going to miss you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm in. Can't wait to see Luke on his first trip to magic!

Hannah will very much enjoy sharing her Disney expertise with her little sister and brother, I'm sure. Let the planning begin!!!
So glad you are along for the fun MeMom... your pictures have been shown a lot this week to the girls so they can get ideas about what is in store this summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite325 View Post
I always enjoy your PTR/TRs I can't wait to hear all about your plans!

Thanks! Glad to have you back! This trip is already shaping up very different... just wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by an_evans View Post
Welcome and thanks for reading along!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Look like you'll be there the same time as us--we're going June 16th-25th!! I already have a countdown timer on my computer desk top

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 01-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #10
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

We were also there June of '08 AND we are also going June of this year!

Luke is adorable and so are your girls! I can't wait to read more!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #11
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Count me in! Your girls are gorgeous and little Luke is precious! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #12
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I have been re-reading MeMom's trip when Brooklynn was that age.... I am excited to see what he enjoys. With the sad state of the economy I feel extra blessed to be going back too!
The girls know... it has been super fun, Hannah is interviewing everyone trying to plan what to do! I am sad we are just going to miss you!
There were lots of things that Chelsea enjoyed when she was nine months old -- all the Fantasyland rides, the drummers in China, meeting Winnie-the-Pooh -- she was amazed by Pooh. I should dig those photos out sometime.

I love that Hannah is interviewing and planning -- how cute is that? She is going to be the park commando on this trip!

We feel super blessed to be going, too. I would even be happy staying at a Value as long as it meant we were going.

I am sad that we are going to miss you, too -- but I will have your TR to look forward to -- it will help me get through the worst of my annual Disney Depression.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

You know you can count me in!! I knew you couldn't stay away until 2010!!

Can't wait to hear your plans!!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #14
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if I ever delurked on your last TR but I read along and really enjoyed it. I am signing up for all the planning fun!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #15
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
so excited that you're going back! i can't wait to hear what changed your mind. i'm at peace with our decision to not go back until december 2010, but you never know! thanks for giving me a head's up about your trip!
You are the reason why... I won't have your pictures and reports to read, so I have to go myself Honestly the stars were aligned... stay tuned! Plus as you have stated... go when the kids are free- like Luke will be (DH and I already said we have to get another trip in before he turns 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
Look like you'll be there the same time as us--we're going June 16th-25th!! I already have a countdown timer on my computer desk top
I was thinking today about what type of countdown calendar to do with the girls..... I want to try something different this time, but we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
We were also there June of '08 AND we are also going June of this year!

Luke is adorable and so are your girls! I can't wait to read more!
I was having a hard time uploading a more current picture of Luke.... soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Count me in! Your girls are gorgeous and little Luke is precious! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
There were lots of things that Chelsea enjoyed when she was nine months old -- all the Fantasyland rides, the drummers in China, meeting Winnie-the-Pooh -- she was amazed by Pooh. I should dig those photos out sometime.

I love that Hannah is interviewing and planning -- how cute is that? She is going to be the park commando on this trip!

We feel super blessed to be going, too. I would even be happy staying at a Value as long as it meant we were going.

I am sad that we are going to miss you, too -- but I will have your TR to look forward to -- it will help me get through the worst of my annual Disney Depression.
If Luke likes all the stimulation he should make for some great pics... he smiles much more than either of my girls did!
Hannah is a fun kid... she might love WDW more than me. Dreaming about it already is what she said today. She is telling everyone we are going to WDW... she is a funny girl. Tonight we were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when I declared that every Sat. night until we go to WDW we will watch some Disney show (not sure if this is true... but they sure thought it sounded great!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
You know you can count me in!! I knew you couldn't stay away until 2010!!

Can't wait to hear your plans!!
It did not take much family pressure for me to cave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm not sure if I ever delurked on your last TR but I read along and really enjoyed it. I am signing up for all the planning fun!
Thanks for joining in...

I had high hopes of the next installment tonight... however I had better get the laundry mounds off our bed. I did not do any all week (our water heater went out.... so that ruined my laundry time) so we can go to bed. If not later tomorrow for sure....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: