Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #346
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Wonderful update yet again.

Thanks for the fun pictures around HM too....and I didn't know about those gargoyles either...another note to remember

Super and smart thinking about the rockers. What a wonderful DH to sit w/ him. So glad he napped for you and you guys had a nice lunch! We love CHH too.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #347
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

CHH is a nice restaurant!! my fave CS in the MK. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there. Your timing there was perfect!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #348
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
The key is more the time of day....after lunch time Fantasyland is always mobbed.
True, but it never looked like that at 10 am in June! Someday I'll talk my DH (who is a teacher) to take time off work to go during the offseason

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 01-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #349
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the tip about CHH's station and upstairs seating. We will definitely head up there.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #350
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

I never knew that about the gargoyles! Something to listen for next month. Learn something new every day.

That's wonderful that your dh got Liam to sleep. My little guy is stubborn...he probably would have pitched a bigger fit until I got back.

Adults only, 40th birthday trip for my sis Oct 2013
Old 01-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #351
Jane Michaels
Earning My Ears

I am guilty of being a lurker, but please, please, please write a new day! I check every morning to see if you have added a new thread!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #352
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Just wanted to let you know that I went back and read your whole ptr. It was great. I love the reports you did on Santa's Village and Storyland. My parents used to take my brother and I there every summer when we were little.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #353
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrsfmly View Post
A napping baby and the Haunted Mansion... does life get any better? Hope your lucky turn holds...
....well winning a night in the castle would have been nice too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I don't mind waiting a bit for the moutains, but I don't really want to wait an hour to ride on Peter Pan or Pooh as much as I may love them.
I so agree with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Super and smart thinking about the rockers. What a wonderful DH to sit w/ him.
Rocking chairs will come up again much later in the TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
CHH is a nice restaurant!! my fave CS in the MK. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there. Your timing there was perfect!!
My fave is Pecos Bills. But CHH has always given us a good meal there...all 2 times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Someday I'll talk my DH (who is a teacher) to take time off work to go during the offseason
Good luck with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Thanks for the tip about CHH's station and upstairs seating. We will definitely head up there.
Try the side of cole slaw....I want to know if it's any good

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefairy View Post
That's wonderful that your dh got Liam to sleep. My little guy is stubborn...he probably would have pitched a bigger fit until I got back.
We kinda knew he would be out in a couple minutes with the rocking, otherwise I don't know if I would have dared to left them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Michaels View Post
I am guilty of being a lurker, but please, please, please write a new day! I check every morning to see if you have added a new thread!
Thanks for de-lurking....you are in luck, I have a quick update coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Just wanted to let you know that I went back and read your whole ptr. It was great. I love the reports you did on Santa's Village and Storyland. My parents used to take my brother and I there every summer when we were little.
Thanks for reading the PTR Pooh! It got much bigger than I ever thought it would.
I plan to take the kids to Storyland every year. I went often too as a kid.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #354
MRYPPNS

When I last wrote, we were making our escape from CHH. So what do you do with a sleeping tot? Walk around and notice things you have never seen before and get a snack.

We found a little side alley near CHH that we didn’t know existed (sorry no picture). It looked like a good place to hide from the crowds (or so we imagined because there is never crowds when we go). And I finally got to see the Liberty Tree:

Then we made our way to Adventureland. It was the first time I noticed this on top of one of the buildings:

Love that little detail!

And what is better to sooth the jagged soul from a rocky morning than one of these babies!

My beloved Dole Whip float! So yummy. And if you were wondering how cold it was that day….my dole whip did not melt, not at all. Usually it’s a mess just a couple minutes after you get it. It never melted!!!

We hung out in this little Meet n’ Greet alcove while I ate my Dole Whip and Liam slept.

Toddler Tip: Bring binder clips and a receiving blanket with you and you can make a little “tent” for your stroller.

Liam’s nap was about an hour and 20 minutes. And he woke up in a good mood!!! Next we looked for a place to sit down and feed him the lunch we had packed for him.

We figured the Noodle Station Terrance would be empty, and it was so we feed Liam his lunch there.

This was the view:

This is a light near where we were sitting:

After Liam’s lunch we decided what to do with the rest of our day; but first we needed to stop at the Baby Care Center to change Liam’s diaper.

I’ve never noticed this either:

Picture of Casey’s Corner:

The Baby Care Center was nice. There were 4-5 changing tables in a little room. And then there was this little room with highchairs, a few toys and a TV on.

Here’s Liam getting his TV fix for the day:

Next up: do we gamble with Liam’s good mood and have his hair cut for the first time?

To my readers: I have one set of park maps and times guides from our trip that are ready to be dropped in the mail to someone that needs them for planning their upcoming trip. I will mail them to the first person that PM's me their mailing address. UPDATE: I've gotten a PM for the maps already!

Last edited by MRYPPNS; 01-14-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #355
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
We hung out in this little Meet n’ Greet alcove while I ate my Dole Whip and Liam slept.

Classic pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepns
This was the view:
Stunning picture of the castle
Old 01-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #356
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I loved that update. I'm really hoping that since this is our 3rd trip coming up - that we won't feel so overwhelmed and we'll be able to take the time to notice all of those special details.

That Dole Whip Float looks very yummy. I have yet to try one, but your picture is enticing me to do so.

Yay for Liam getting such a good nap in!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 01-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #357
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

You got some great pictures! I love all of those details you noticed. You shoud post a "guess where this is" picture with each of your posts and see if anyone can figure it out. I haven't seen any of those things before. I've been so hyper-focused on the kids and our touring plan that I've been blind to so many things. Even when I went with my mom - we took in a lot at Epcot, but between the length of our trip (only 1 full day and 2 half days) and all the rain we got, I missed a lot of that stuff again. I'm going to try really hard to take it all in this time. We'll see...
Old 01-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #358
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Wow those pictures were fantastic. The one of the Castle is amazing !!! Great tip for the stroller. I need to look around at things more this next trip.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #359
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Classic pic!

Stunning picture of the castle
The funny thing about that stroller picture....we just kinda parked him there and then hung out about 10 feet away from him so we could people watch.

Thanks, next trip I'm so watching Wishes from that spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
That Dole Whip Float looks very yummy. I have yet to try one, but your picture is enticing me to do so.
I love them...I had the pleasure one having one in Hawaii at the Dole plantation on my honeymoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
You got some great pictures! I love all of those details you noticed. You shoud post a "guess where this is" picture with each of your posts and see if anyone can figure it out. I haven't seen any of those things before. I've been so hyper-focused on the kids and our touring plan that I've been blind to so many things. Even when I went with my mom - we took in a lot at Epcot, but between the length of our trip (only 1 full day and 2 half days) and all the rain we got, I missed a lot of that stuff again. I'm going to try really hard to take it all in this time. We'll see...
I still see pictures on the DIS and go "where is that, I haven't seen that before" Especially in World Showcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Wow those pictures were fantastic. The one of the Castle is amazing !!! Great tip for the stroller. I need to look around at things more this next trip.
Thanks! As you will read later....we made a lot of lemonade this trip with the lemons that kept popping up.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #360
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeay, a Heidi update!

Sadly I will not be trying the cole slaw at CHH -- the only time I eat cole slaw is smothered all over a hot dog for a good ol' slaw dog!

Dole whips don't always melt all over your hands??? Who knew! When we go in the summer they are always a big sticky mess!

Beautiful photos -- it may have been cold that day but the sun was spectacular!

That place where you took the stroller pic is my favorite spot to eat our Dole whips!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: