Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #751
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

I love that pic of the castle!!!! I can't wait to see it in person next week!

We're driving too. Leaving 4am on the 23rd and checking in on the 24th!

Sorry to hear about the sick little snowbirdies. The pukes are going around in my area too. I'm keeping the kids in, avoiding playdates and germy public stuff like the train table at the library, and making them wash hands more than they like. I'm making my little daycare wash hers as soon as she comes in and 50 times a day- thank goodness she's part time- fewer days to share germs! We're taking our vitamins too. Both my kids still have a little leftover sniffle but I'm just hoping to avoid the stomach bug. We had it around Thanksgiving so hopefully we built up some immunity to it or something.

Meghan I hope you find a mini m&m tube soon. I got mine at Toys R US- small ones.

Thanks for the tip about washing mugs. I didn't know CBR switched to real glasses. I still have disposable Dawn dishwasher things from our last trip that we'll use to wash our mugs with.

I haven't explained what a LGMH is to my dh yet. I made mine and attached it to my backpack today. I used the luggage tags they sent us- we're driving so won't need them for the real purpose. One side is the luggage tag and the other side I tucked in my LGMH. I'll post a pic hopefully tomorrow.

Nighty night Snowbirds! Sweet Disney dreams!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #752
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Meghan-Who would've thought those mini M&M's would be that difficult to find!?!?! I was shocked!

I got mine at Quik Trip (I don't know if you have those in NY) but they were hidden at the edge. I bet I stared at the racks for 5 minutes. Then Hubby was at Toys R'Us and saw them there. Still only the small ones, not the bigger ones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Where is that wishing well? I think I manage to miss it everytime!! I forget about it----

Meghan---I saw those tiny M&Ms today at Toys R Us!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I
Meghan I hope you find a mini m&m tube soon. I got mine at Toys R US- small ones.
Thanks for the tip ladies! I will definately head over to Toys R Us tomorrow after work. At this point I don't mind what size they are, as long as I find some!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #753
dundeehunter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Thanks for the tip ladies! I will definately head over to Toys R Us tomorrow after work. At this point I don't mind what size they are, as long as I find some!
If worse comes to worse, we just use old prescription bottles and but the cute labels that we make over the bottles...Not as cute as the m&m's, but still workable. My girls have their packed already. Just an option if you can't find the containers you like.

January 20-27, 2009 Pop Century
no more ticker no trips planned...
dundeehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #754
Love Pooh Bear
Mouseketeer

Hi Snowbirds!

I'M DOING THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!
August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside--September 2012 POP Century Resort--September 2011 Wilderness Lodge Villas --January 2009 POP Century Resort --June 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort --October 2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Cruise --December 2004 Port Orleans Riverside- Honeymoon --June 2003 Coronado Springs Resort --July 2001 Offsite

Love Pooh Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:22 AM   #755
mana_liz
Mouseketeer

I know it's late...but I wanted to say "HI"

I've been up printing window clings out...they look very cute...can't wait to see them up in 3 days...

I have a ton of Mickey heads from Home Depot...exactly what color or the LGMHs?

Also, some asked about dispensers in the showers...there are none on the DCL ships...they give out the wonderful H2O shampoos and conditioners...nice size bottles.

Meghan...I found M & M containers at Rite Aid...they were the big kind.

I'm off to bed...alot of packing tomorrow and errands tomorrow - bank, post office (postcard stamps...if anyone forgot those) and Target.

November 1987 - First trip Off-site May 1996 - Off-site May 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Wonder May 2005 - Disney Magic/Pop Century

October 2006 - Disney Magic/All-Star Music October 2007 - Disney Magic/All-Star Sports
January 2009 - Pop Century April 2010 - Pop Century August 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter May 2013 Disney Fantasy/Art of Animation
mana_liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #756
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Morning! It's the rare occassion that I have a few minutes before I actually have to leave for work. I'm usually 15 minutes late, but couldn't sleep.

Non-Disney question: Do any of your kids have problems with nightmares? Keaton (the 2 1/2 yr old) has woken up crying about 5 out of the last 8 nights. This morning, the first thing he said when I went in his room was "Dinosaurs get me." I guess I thought that was too young? He goes right back to sleep when I put him in our bed. Am I being manipulated or could he really be having nightmares? BTW: I'm going matress shopping today to get him a big boy bed so I'll have somewhere to sleep!!

Hope you all have a good Tuesday! One day closer to DISNEY!!!!! 10 days for me until we leave, 11 unti Disney!!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #757
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds!

Post card stamps...thanks! My list keeps getting longer and longer and longer and I can't seem to get ANYthing crossed off!
How much does it cost to mail a postcard these days, anyway?

My latest panic...well, background info first, we're going to be moving this summer--DH is military so this is not a surprise--and we're planning to rent out our house here (we bought it 2.5 years ago for a lot more than it would sell for now ). We posted it "For Rent By Owner" and have received a few inquiries about it, which is encouraging. However, someone is going to be in from out of town and wants to come see it...next week when we're at WDW! And someone else wants to see it...the day we get back! Now, I like to have the house clean when we go on vacation so we don't come home to a dirty house, but this time it needs to be "model home tidy", without all the clutter that we've become so used to. I can't complain, because I really am glad that we've had some interest in the house this far in advance, but I'm stressing over getting the house in shape before we go. Sorry to vent on you!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #758
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Meghan... you can also try Wegmans... I have bought the mini m&m's there....

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #759
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

TWO MORE DAYS WOOT!!!!!

Well my t-shirt is finally done!! I've been packed for days!! I'm almost finished with my park plans on my notecards and all I really need to do is finish filling out my passporter!! I'm ready to leave for Disney!!

I pick up the rental car tomorrow night and then I'm off early Thursday Morning to arrive to my favorite place on Earth YAY!!!!!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #760
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Morning from sunny Saratoga Springs. Well sunny for the next few minutes. Showers are expected today, but should be ending by early evening, which is great because we have Crystal Palace at 6:40 pm.

Stay warm everyone!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #761
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds!

ONE WEEK!!!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #762
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Good morning Snowbirds!

Post card stamps...thanks! My list keeps getting longer and longer and longer and I can't seem to get ANYthing crossed off!

My latest panic...well, background info first, we're going to be moving this summer--DH is military so this is not a surprise--and we're planning to rent out our house here (we bought it 2.5 years ago for a lot more than it would sell for now ). We posted it "For Rent By Owner" and have received a few inquiries about it, which is encouraging. However, someone is going to be in from out of town and wants to come see it...next week when we're at WDW! And someone else wants to see it...the day we get back! Now, I like to have the house clean when we go on vacation so we don't come home to a dirty house, but this time it needs to be "model home tidy", without all the clutter that we've become so used to. I can't complain, because I really am glad that we've had some interest in the house this far in advance, but I'm stressing over getting the house in shape before we go. Sorry to vent on you!
Postcard stamps - 27 cents. Just got some!

Good luck renting the house!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #763
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Morning Snowbirds!!!!! I can't believe my ticker...someone pinch me!
I have so much to do yet. I'm done shopping...I think. I just have to get packed, t shirts made, get my kids to make a surprise Happy Birthday poster for my hubby since his birthday is during our trip, and contact Chase to let them know we'll be using our credit card on vacation and to expect charges while we are in other states. (That tip is from my sister- her MIL went to get gas while on vacation in FL and it was declined b/c the credit card company thought it was fraudulent.)

Question for all the mom Snowbirds...
I've read some things about child safety while on vacation. Of course hubby and I will be super vigilant to keep our eyes on the kiddos- we're good parents- but you never know in a crowded situation. Things happen. Do any of you put some sort of ID/parents cell phone # on your kids in case they become separated? If so how? dh suggested a Sharpie. I don't know how I feel about writing on my kids with a Sharpie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Morning! It's the rare occassion that I have a few minutes before I actually have to leave for work. I'm usually 15 minutes late, but couldn't sleep.

Non-Disney question: Do any of your kids have problems with nightmares? Keaton (the 2 1/2 yr old) has woken up crying about 5 out of the last 8 nights. This morning, the first thing he said when I went in his room was "Dinosaurs get me." I guess I thought that was too young? He goes right back to sleep when I put him in our bed. Am I being manipulated or could he really be having nightmares? BTW: I'm going matress shopping today to get him a big boy bed so I'll have somewhere to sleep!!

Hope you all have a good Tuesday! One day closer to DISNEY!!!!! 10 days for me until we leave, 11 unti Disney!!!
Poor guy...perhaps you should skip the dinosaur stuff at Disney? We're going through the scared of the dark phase with my son. he's 4 but a good nightlight works for him and before he falls asleep we talk about happy things that he can dream of. I've seen other parents use cute ideas like a magical spray (decorated Febreze bottle ) to keep the bad dreams away...if anything his room will smell nice.
Although, kids are really good at manipulating to get into mom and dad's cozy bed- even at such a tender age !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Good morning Snowbirds!

Good luck getting everything cleaned...as if you don't have enough on your mind. Don't these people know you're going to Disney and have to pack?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #764
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
Morning from sunny Saratoga Springs. Well sunny for the next few minutes. Showers are expected today, but should be ending by early evening, which is great because we have Crystal Palace at 6:40 pm.

Stay warm everyone!
Why do I get the feeling that the last sentence is a "dig" at the rest of us still freezing our tushies off up north?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #765
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Postcard stamps - 27 cents. Just got some!

Good luck renting the house!
OOOH I didn't think about sending postcards...I wonder if I can get to the post office before tomorrow...well I'm surely going to try!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: