Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009, 05:56 AM   #676
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgle View Post
Oh I meant participating airlines then. So basically the only downside is that you have to check your own luggage on your return flight correct? I think I can handle that...thanks for the information!
Yep, that's the only difference.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #677
ksdolfan
25 visits and counting

luggage delay

What's the length of time is usually takes for your luggage to arrive in your room?
Thanks,
see you during Mardis Gras
ksdolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #678
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Welcome to the DIS boards!!!
The info packet, from DME, tells you that you can expect luggage delivery to your room from 3-5 hrs after resort checkin. If you get to your resort at, let's say, 10am, you get all checked in by 10:30 and your room is ready..you should have your checked bags in your room by 2:30ish. If you arrive at that time, but can't get into your room until 4:30 pm, then your bags won't be delivered until 4:30ish. The room has to be ready for you in order for the bags to be delivered.
I always pack my carryon bag with anything I will need for the first 6 hrs of my vacation....travel docs, swim suit, small toiletries, change of clothes. That way, I can change my clothes, go for a swim or head to a park as soon as I get checked in. No need to wait for my checked bags to appear.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #679
ksdolfan
25 visits and counting

WOW That was fast! thanks!
Our plane doesn't arrive into MCO until 9pm on a Sunday. I'm thinking I might just claim my bags instead of being woken up at 1-2 in the morning.
ksdolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #680
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdolfan View Post
Our plane doesn't arrive into MCO until 9pm on a Sunday. I'm thinking I might just claim my bags instead of being woken up at 1-2 in the morning.
That may be your best solution. Don't tag the bags with the yellow DME tags, then head to baggage claim (on level 2) to get your bags. Bring them with you, down to DME checkin on level 1..ground transportation. The bags will then be stowed underneath your bus and you'll have them as soon as you get to the resort.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #681
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

I have 2 questions, 1: Do all (Disney) resorts use the RAC for the participating airlines?
and 2: how do you handle the checked bag fees that most airlines are requiring now when using RAC?
Thanks so much!

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #682
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
I have 2 questions, 1: Do all (Disney) resorts use the RAC for the participating airlines?
and 2: how do you handle the checked bag fees that most airlines are requiring now when using RAC?
Thanks so much!
Yes, all resorts (Disney owned) have RAC facilities. They can be found in the front lobby area of most resorts..or outside, close to luggage assistence area.
There is a phone number, for BAGGS, that you can call to pay any checked bag fees before heading to the RAC counter. Because the RAC counter is not equipped, yet, to take any type of payment, you have to call BAGGS, and pay with a credit card. Not sure of the phone number, but you can check at the RAC counter.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #683
ahecht
Disney fanatic trapped in New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdolfan View Post
You can also call the front desk when you arrive and ask them not to deliver your luggage until the morning.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #684
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Yes, all resorts (Disney owned) have RAC facilities. They can be found in the front lobby area of most resorts..or outside, close to luggage assistence area.
There is a phone number, for BAGGS, that you can call to pay any checked bag fees before heading to the RAC counter. Because the RAC counter is not equipped, yet, to take any type of payment, you have to call BAGGS, and pay with a credit card. Not sure of the phone number, but you can check at the RAC counter.
Thanks so much!

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:49 AM   #685
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
You can also call the front desk when you arrive and ask them not to deliver your luggage until the morning.
If you choose to do that, it's a good idea to stop by luggage assistence/bell services and let them know also. Sometimes there isn't great communication between the front desk and the luggage folks.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #686
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Do you know why United does not charge the baggage fee for the luggage for the return home? While other airlines have a number you can call to pay the fee United does not. I recently returned home (last weekend) and while I had to pay the luggage fee online for my flight down, for the flight home the flyer said that you do not need to pay luggage fees for United. I stopped at the RAC desk mid-trip to confirm this and they said no charge for United.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #687
El&kris'mom
Earning My Ears

We received a packet with 4 luggage tags with the castle on the front and a place on the opposite side to pu your name/address/etc on. In previous posts it says the DME tags were yellow - have these been replaced or will I receive the yellow ones when it gets closer to our May trip?

Give Kids the World (2001)
Sheraton Visitana Villages (2008)
All Star Music (2009)

El&kris'mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #688
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by El&kris'mom View Post
We received a packet with 4 luggage tags with the castle on the front and a place on the opposite side to pu your name/address/etc on. In previous posts it says the DME tags were yellow - have these been replaced or will I receive the yellow ones when it gets closer to our May trip?
You have received the luggage tags that come as part of a package booking. They are not the same as the DME luggage tags. You can expect your DME packet to arrive about 4-5 weeks before you travel.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #689
El&kris'mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
You have received the luggage tags that come as part of a package booking. They are not the same as the DME luggage tags. You can expect your DME packet to arrive about 4-5 weeks before you travel.

Thank you!

Give Kids the World (2001)
Sheraton Visitana Villages (2008)
All Star Music (2009)

El&kris'mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #690
Nie0214
DIS Veteran

I have my yellow Magical Express tickets for my luggage. They say POP-Classic and have AK inside the Mickey Ears. I upgraded resorts to POFQ, and when I asked the CM on the phone what do I do with my luggage tags (will I get new ones, etc.) she told me to cross out POP and put POFQ.

Well I'm a little hesitant about doing that since I don't want to lose my luggage. WWYD? Would you just pickup your bags yourself and go to the DME counter? Would you cross it out and write the new resort with a marker (don't mark off on the bar code)?

I tried to search through the thread but I couldn't find anything.

Last edited by Nie0214; 01-28-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Nie0214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: