Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #1876
WUVmyDISNEY
DIS Veteran

Yeh, I am feeling the post disney depression also...

Only been back 2 weeks and it feels like it was so long ago. I didn't stay at Poly this time, we tried CR and I missed the Poly and tropical feeling....anyway..I have some pics that I want to post from Poly from 9/07.

Nice shot of the volcano pool at night..

The following are 2 hidden mickey art works in the room:

Old 01-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #1877
momatater
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Can't wait to hear more, MsStinkerBelle!! love the Ferris Bueller quote!
Ditto!! Can't wait for the pics too!!!

I agree about CL, it's fantastic and I highly recommend it as well.

Thanks WUVmyDISNEY for sharing your great pics!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #1878
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWench View Post
Samoa only has balconies on the 3rd floor.

Thanks!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 01-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #1879
Singinglizzie
DIS Veteran

We will be at the Poly LV Club in 18 days. We did not make any special requests, but after reading all these posts about a balcony room, I am wondering if we should make a balcony request or just let the chips fall. Anyone stay on a 2nd floor without a balcony that loved their room? What about ground floor, did you love your patio? Love reading everyone's posts. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #1880
WUVmyDISNEY
DIS Veteran

a few more!

Incoming storm

rainbow after the storm: hope you can see it!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #1881
WUVmyDISNEY
DIS Veteran

View from Fiji first floor...room 1314

Old 01-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #1882
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
I know this ia quite a way off, but knowing the persuasion dd and I have over dh...who knows but here is my thought.

DH says we can go in Sept/Oct of 2010 OR maybe Jan 2010 for dd Birthday if we can swing it . Okay, I am okay with this. At lease we are getting a plan together. He wants to do club level, lagoon view, hence the wait for the trip. He hates the whole Disney ADR dining thing. It drives him nuts to have to be somehere at a particular time for a meal. Every once in a while is okay to him, but every day really gets to him.

So I was thinking of still doing the dining plan, because I know dd will not be fully pleased with the food offerings club level serves on a daily basis but then doing signature table service such as California Grill (never been), CRT breakfast (dd will get see the Princesses) and then the Spirit of Aloha dinner. I don't really care to so much about the spirit of aloha but dd and dh both want to see it really bad. Then that would leave one or two extra table services (depending on how many nights we decide to go) and then I can let dh wing it with those, like use them for Kona or maybe a room service???

Now here is the kicker. I am hoping I can get into a free dining deal for this, if and when we go. Can you book free dining with club level???? Just wondering.

Sorry so long winded. I need something to get my mind off the home from disney blues combined with the after the holidays blues!!!!

Thanks!
I honestly don't know the answer to the questions about the dining... or if they will even offer that this year or next year.

Without trying to sound like a commercial, you may be best off contacting a travel agent to help you sort all this out.
Not only can they help you book the trip, but will be able to answer the questions (or if they don't know get the answer for you), help w/the dining and any ADR's or other ressies you want, and can snag you any discounts that do come along between now & then.

Personally we use the Magic for Less & have been absolutely delighted w/the service: http://www.themagicforless.com

But really there are several good Disney TA's out there. Whichever you choose, I definately think their services would be helpful to you.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #1883
momatater
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
I know this ia quite a way off, but knowing the persuasion dd and I have over dh...who knows but here is my thought.

DH says we can go in Sept/Oct of 2010 OR maybe Jan 2010 for dd Birthday if we can swing it . Okay, I am okay with this. At lease we are getting a plan together. He wants to do club level, lagoon view, hence the wait for the trip. He hates the whole Disney ADR dining thing. It drives him nuts to have to be somehere at a particular time for a meal. Every once in a while is okay to him, but every day really gets to him.

So I was thinking of still doing the dining plan, because I know dd will not be fully pleased with the food offerings club level serves on a daily basis but then doing signature table service such as California Grill (never been), CRT breakfast (dd will get see the Princesses) and then the Spirit of Aloha dinner. I don't really care to so much about the spirit of aloha but dd and dh both want to see it really bad. Then that would leave one or two extra table services (depending on how many nights we decide to go) and then I can let dh wing it with those, like use them for Kona or maybe a room service???

Now here is the kicker. I am hoping I can get into a free dining deal for this, if and when we go. Can you book free dining with club level???? Just wondering.

Sorry so long winded. I need something to get my mind off the home from disney blues combined with the after the holidays blues!!!!

Thanks!
I have stayed CL with free dining for the past 3 yrs, and we booked again CL bounceback free dining from when we were there in Sept. If it's offered again to the public, it's limited, so you should book as soon as it's offered. HTH
Old 01-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #1884
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singinglizzie View Post
We will be at the Poly LV Club in 18 days. We did not make any special requests, but after reading all these posts about a balcony room, I am wondering if we should make a balcony request or just let the chips fall. Anyone stay on a 2nd floor without a balcony that loved their room? What about ground floor, did you love your patio? Love reading everyone's posts. Thanks.
we are requesting a balcony b/c that is the majority of the reason we upgraded from a mod to a deluxe. DS will be napping and going to bed early at night, so we need a retreat from the 4 interior walls of a hotel room.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 01-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #1885
WUVmyDISNEY
DIS Veteran

I had a first floor room in the fiji building with a patio. I did like the patio, the walkway in front of it is not well traveled and there are short shrubs in front of the patio (You can see over them) giving you a little sense of privacy. It was also seperated on either side of the patio so that you could not see who may be on the patio of the room next door. That was one thing I missed when I stayed at CR. I don't care for a shared patio.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #1886
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Excellent pictures, do you mind if I link to them in Post #1??

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 01-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #1887
WUVmyDISNEY
DIS Veteran

Seaspray

I would love if you did that! I am glad that you like them. I hope others enjoy them as well! Happy New Year
Old 01-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #1888
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Hi SeaSpray!!

Hi SeaSpray!!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #1889
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
Hi SeaSpray!!
hey seaspray and deardaisyinDurham! its MagicKingdomMeg from the video stream =)

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
Nov 2014: Homestead for NASCAR + a lil Disney/UO
Old 01-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #1890
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Hi Meg!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
hey seaspray and deardaisyinDurham! its MagicKingdomMeg from the video stream =)
Hi Meg!!!!
that was so fun!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: