Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:43 AM   #61
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy0507 View Post
I am wanting to stay at CSR but am wondering, how the best way to make my room request in hopes of guaranteeing a renovated room?
There are no guarantees. So few have been done in relation to the whole resort. Check out post #1 in this thread for up to date info.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:13 AM   #62
Tikitoi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Yes, CSR still has their own mug and not the Year of a Million Dream mug.
Thanks. Another collectors mug.
OPINIONS ARE ULTIMATELY DETERMINED BY FEELINGS AND NOT BY INTELLECT Disneyland 2X...Disney Cruise 1X...Disney World 9X...And still counting for ALL...http://www.disboards.com/showthread....804324...Vegas TR

You're just a board...get over yourself!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2008, 04:31 PM   #63
BrookeTx
Mouseketeer

We are booked for a water view room. However I would really like something convienant with the kids....close to the main area/food and a bus stop.

Which areas would I request? Where do I fax it and how soon before my trip?

TIA!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:35 PM   #64
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinNM View Post
buffalogirl, thanks for the review, we are sooooo looking forward to our first onsite stay at WDW and the CSR, Buzz those pics are awesome, what is the best building/location to stay in as far as less walking to/from the bus stops/food court??
Check out post #3 here.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...05&postcount=3
Old 12-31-2008, 10:25 PM   #65
mollyseven
DIS Veteran

Just returned from our stay dec. 22-30th.
We got casita 1 room 1450 (fourth floor room 50), it was a newly reno'd room. Lovely beds, really comfy. Lovely flat screen t.v to watch stacey on!! and the bathroom was great....same as old but new curved rod which makes it seem more spacious.
It was nice being close to the main building and food area but we were far from everything else. We have never stayed in a room that far from a quiet pool, laundry or main pool!
When we stayed at POR in march we were around the corner from a quiet pool, across a bridge from the main pool and just as close to the main bldg. Here was a hike to everything, and the bus stop 2 was past the laundry so a further hike.
The laundry room was a filthy place, I'm sure the laundromat in my town is cleaner than that!! Also at least 4 dryers never actually dried clothes.
the elevators in our area were filthy also, the floor was peeling, it was dirty and the sign on the back wall inside the elevator was peeled off and looked a mess the whole time. There was always garbage around the lawns and walkways that I have never seen at other resorts.
I was disappointed that the pools weren't open before 8am.
I just thought it was lacking in disney magic. It was fine but that was all.
Housekeeping was awful. We were missed one day totally and I had to ask for 3 days for kleenex as we never had any, nor did we have paper so I had to write the housekeepers notes on napkins!! 2 days mousekeeping never even took my tip envelopes.
The main pool was nice, we went there every afternoon and it was nice.
I wish the arcade was in the main building and not in the pool area.
I wouldn't stay here again, I would stay at POP before here again. POP was always immaculate.
My favorite is CBR so far with POR a close second.
anyhow just my 2 cents.
It was over 80 everyday except our first day and that was still warm so that made up for any issues I had really.

May 2006 Pop Century.......January 2007 CBR.......January 2008....CBR No kids!!!!
March 2008 POR..10 days!!.....Christmas 2008 CSR grand gathering !!!
March 2010 POFQ Italy summer 2010 Universal Hard Rock Dec. 2010
Dolphin Resort April 2011 Star Wars Weekend May 2011
Christmas 2012 CBR Jan. 30/2014 Riverside!!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #66
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
Thanks for the responses. Its good to know that if we're in the mood for a bigger breakfast, we can probably get in.
Here's the menu.

Maya Grill Menu
Breakfast

I enjoyed my breakfast at the MG. Very good for the price compared to other breakfast buffets at WDW.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:06 AM   #67
Dazer22
Mouseketeer

I just read that someone had a wonderful stay in Cabana 9B. Is 9B available as a regular room presently or is it club level.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2009, 07:35 AM   #68
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazer22 View Post
I just read that someone had a wonderful stay in Cabana 9B. Is 9B available as a regular room presently or is it club level.

Thanks
The opening of the club level rooms in cabana 9b may be on hold. Some people are reporting that they have been offered free upgrades to other concierge resorts for their club level reservations at CSR.

Turns out the soft opening of CSR concierge rooms didn't go as planned and they will be revamping a bit. For the foreseeable future, CSR will only use the rooms as Business Club Level for convention groups that book those rooms. Otherwise they will be used for leisure guests but the lounge will not be open to them.

So I don't know if foreseeable future means forever or until they straighten out the kinks since the concierge rooms didn't go as planned and they are going back to the drawing board.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #69
Braxtonsmom03
Earning My Ears

package fee?

We will be staying at CSR on 9/19 and planned to get water, diapers(we have twins) etc.. from garden grocer but recently heard that they charge
$5.oo per item delivered??? Has anyone encountered this? and if so, what is the best way to bring/get things to our room? I don't mind paying a fee but $5 for every package may get hefty with the larger items I plan on getting this is also the same reason why I don't want to bring it in my suitcase(now that there charging so much for checked bags)!
Thanks in advance
I also wanted to say Thank you to Buzz and katmark for all the informative info you supply to this board your the reason we are staying at CSR! Thank you for all the time you devot to it
Tiffany
me Dh DS(5) DD(9 months) DS(9 months)
Old 01-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #70
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxtonsmom03 View Post
We will be staying at CSR on 9/19 and planned to get water, diapers(we have twins) etc.. from garden grocer but recently heard that they charge
$5.oo per item delivered??? Has anyone encountered this? and if so, what is the best way to bring/get things to our room? I don't mind paying a fee but $5 for every package may get hefty with the larger items I plan on getting this is also the same reason why I don't want to bring it in my suitcase(now that there charging so much for checked bags)!
Thanks in advance
I also wanted to say Thank you to Buzz and katmark for all the informative info you supply to this board your the reason we are staying at CSR! Thank you for all the time you devot to it
Tiffany

My pleasure. I can't answer about the delivery as we always have a car and stop for items for the room. However, did find this on the dining section and Pepper Market, etc., are on the Dining Plan! HOORAY!!!!

http://www.disneytravelagents.com/St...2009Dining.pdf
Old 01-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #71
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxtonsmom03 View Post
Thanks in advance
Tiffany
My understanding of the charge is that CSR charges for items delivered by Fedex and UPS, not items that are delivered to the resort in person like Garden Grocer or A Baby's Best Friend.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #72
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Rix Lounge - Upcoming events for 2009

Superbowl Party - 2/1/2009

Sweetheart Dessert Party - 2/13/2009

Bay Loves Disco Valentines Launch - 2/14/2009

Saks Spring Contemporary Fashion Show - 3/20/2009

Bay Loves Disco Dance Party - 4/11/2009

Bay Loves Disco Dance Party - 6/13/2009
Old 01-02-2009, 07:17 AM   #73
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Here is a 2009 Dining Plan Brochure dated 12/18/2008 and it has all CSR restaurants listed for the dining plan:

http://www.disneytravelagents.com/St...2009Dining.pdf
Old 01-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #74
terbethk
DIS Veteran

A few girlfriends and I are planning on a trip for this coming October, and I think we're leaning towards staying at CSR.
I'm pretty excited about the spa...a nice massage would be heavenly after a few days in the parks.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #75
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terbethk View Post
A few girlfriends and I are planning on a trip for this coming October, and I think we're leaning towards staying at CSR.
I'm pretty excited about the spa...a nice massage would be heavenly after a few days in the parks.
I always get a massage just a little past the midway point of our trip at the CSR and I feel great for the remainder of the trip. Have them concentrate on your legs and lower back--it's amazing how refreshed you will feel.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: