Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

A Road Trip Engagement...The End...Updated 1/31!

I bought my car in April 2008, new. It made sense for us to drive to Florida during the high gas price days. You remember those. Up to $4.00/gal in some places? Insanity. So we estimated driving down and compared it to flying. It was a no brainer. $200+ weíd save and again, thatís using the estimate of $4.00/gal. When we actually took the drive, prices had dropped to under $2.00/gal.

I forgot to mention where weíd be driving from. Massachusetts. 1300 miles. And I hate car rides. I donít know how I made it alive.

2778.0 miles I put on my new car. I got an oil change right before we left and Iíll have to get another one soon.

Now for the introductions:
Jennifer48-Jennifer-Jen-Jenny, me! I'm 28 yrs old. First trip to WDW was 2000 for Spring Break. Most college students to go Cancun for Spring Break, not me! I wanted to go to Disney so bad and convinced one of my friends to go too. It was then that the obsession started.

Squall55-Daniel-Dan, DBF. He's 35 yrs old. His first WDW trip was when he was 1 yr old but of course he doesnít remember it so we consider his first trip a family trip for his high school graduation back in 1991. They drove as well. He likes to drive and doesnít mind it so heíll be the main driver of this trip.

Our plan of attack was to leave early Sunday November 31st and drive as far as possible, hoping to be in Savannah, GA that night and find a spot to sleep. When I say early, I mean early. 2am early. We wanted to be past NYC/NJ before morning rush hour and we knew there would be returning Thanksgiving traffic.

So make sure your seats and tray tables are in the upright position and your seat belt is safely fastened. Itís going to be an exciting ride from the start. BIG SURPRISE Monday for those that stick around!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report

Last edited by Jennifer48; 01-31-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: add ages.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: