Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #61
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*
 
NotSoEvilStepmother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 2,149 miles from the World
Posts: 444

Hi! I'm reading as well and I'm loving it! I was a first timer myself in July and I completely understand your excitement. I can't wait until your next installment.
__________________
--Chelsea
DL: 1993-2010 WDW: 7/08 (off site, worst hotel in Kissimmee)
Dreaming of more Disney adventures...
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
NotSoEvilStepmother is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #62
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
Hi! I'm reading as well and I'm loving it! I was a first timer myself in July and I completely understand your excitement. I can't wait until your next installment.
I am glad you are enjoying, I should have an update later today or tomorrow!
My sister's princess is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #63
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykibbes5 View Post
Great updates!!! And more great pictures. Can't wait to read more.
Hope you and your family have a Happy Holiday!!
We did have a great holiday, and I hope you did as well!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Hi! I'm reading, your trips sounds like it was a great one! I'm actually from Maine too, but I am living in Massachusetts now.
I could say something about Mass, but I don't want points Its ok, just come back to Maine, on the other hand you are slightly closer to Micky then I am............
My sister's princess is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #64
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,097

So we walk back to Norway, and start to walk toward the line. Andy then grabs my hand and yanks me back to the entrance of Akershus. “O yea we have reservations here!” Me~ “WHAT!!!!!”

Sorry this is so dark


Picture of Andy and I right after they told me



Lets go in!!


We head into the building and along the way see


And



We are then greeted by Belle, yellow dress style!


Andy and Jeff


We did get suckered into buying the pictures, gave them to my mum

So in we walk and are greeted by our server

This was one of the kindest servers we met. She wasn’t super talkative, but was very nice. She took our orders, told us the princesses would be around, and told us to help ourselves to the buffet.

Andy and Jeff with buffet food. The bread was great by the way.


Want to know what it looks like in there?







I was getting very excited at this point, waiting for some princess time, when someone across the room shouts that they see Ariel, I thought my sister was going to smack them. She wanted it to be a surprise.


NOW FOR THE TITLE STORY : I FROZE WHEN ARIEL SPOKE TO ME!



This picture is very very bright but you can see that I am dumb struck. Ariel asked me what ocean I had come from and I replied : Maine. She looked at me, smiled and said Oh, I have never heard of that ocean. I looked at my sister and go OMG what ocean does Maine sit on……………….. That is my college education kicking in right there.


You can tell here that she thinks I am special



Now how about a visit from Snow White


And Jasmine



Food Break!!! I had the chicken.

And Cinderella



While we were dinning my sister noticed a young man with special needs in the corner who was really enjoying his meal. My sister is a physical therapist and works with many people. Watching him interact with the princesses made her day, and she asked the server if she could by his family their picture pack from meeting Belle.
After dinner we were approached by someone in the restaurant and Andrea was given a set of two tinkerbell pins. It had a note on the back, that we had spread Disney magic, and they wanted to give her one to keep and one to share to pass on Disney magic.!!


So after a yummy dinner we walked around the park, finding a photo pass guy as we go


We get Andy some Champagne and get ready for Illuminations






The Globe is pretty, but kind of boring at the same time


More Illuminations


We headed back to OKW and got ready for the next fun day. Lets hope tomorrow is as wonderful as the rest of the trip has been!
My sister's princess is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #65
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*
 
NotSoEvilStepmother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 2,149 miles from the World
Posts: 444

Sounds like a great time! That picture of you staring dumb-struck at Ariel is priceless. Can't wait to hear about your next day!
__________________
--Chelsea
DL: 1993-2010 WDW: 7/08 (off site, worst hotel in Kissimmee)
Dreaming of more Disney adventures...
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
NotSoEvilStepmother is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #66
LaurenMic
LaurenMic
 
LaurenMic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Enfield, CT
Posts: 722

Hi! I love your TR so far, it sounds like you had an amazing trip. I am a special education teacher and the story about what your sister did for that family brought tears to my eyes!

Can't wait for more!
LaurenMic is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #67
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
Sounds like a great time! That picture of you staring dumb-struck at Ariel is priceless. Can't wait to hear about your next day!

Yea, I didn't realize it was that bad till I was putting it into the report. I love that you can really feel like you are meeting the characters, not that you aren't The princesses were all my age or just a few years older though, so when that happened I felt really stupid after
My sister's princess is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #68
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMic View Post
Hi! I love your TR so far, it sounds like you had an amazing trip. I am a special education teacher and the story about what your sister did for that family brought tears to my eyes!

Can't wait for more!
She is just an amazing person in all. Last time they were at the world they overheard a couple saying they didn't want to spend too much on dinner to each other, then overheard it was their anniversary, so she bought them dinner. She was on the DDP and had extra and just wanted to share, because that is how she is. I know I am super lucky to have her.

Thank for reading!!!!
My sister's princess is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #69
LaurenMic
LaurenMic
 
LaurenMic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Enfield, CT
Posts: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
She is just an amazing person in all. Last time they were at the world they overheard a couple saying they didn't want to spend too much on dinner to each other, then overheard it was their anniversary, so she bought them dinner. She was on the DDP and had extra and just wanted to share, because that is how she is. I know I am super lucky to have her.

Thank for reading!!!!
OMG she really did that?!?! What a sweetheart! Your sister sounds like an amazing person.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
LaurenMic is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #70
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*
 
NotSoEvilStepmother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 2,149 miles from the World
Posts: 444

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Yea, I didn't realize it was that bad till I was putting it into the report. I love that you can really feel like you are meeting the characters, not that you aren't The princesses were all my age or just a few years older though, so when that happened I felt really stupid after
I now officially love meeting face characters. I've only ever met one and that was Aurora in France (in EPCOT, lol) and she was so great with her character. I wish we'd had time for more but whatcha gonna do?
And I'm gonna let you in on a little secret about the age factor and being at Disney. My MOM felt honored meeting Aurora. Literally, she was on after metting with her. Disney is ageless.
__________________
--Chelsea
DL: 1993-2010 WDW: 7/08 (off site, worst hotel in Kissimmee)
Dreaming of more Disney adventures...
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
NotSoEvilStepmother is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 10:29 PM   #71
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Just wanted to jump in and say that I'm reading your trip report and enjoying it . I am in the process of my first trip report too, and I know it's hard when no one is responding.

I'm loving all of your pictures, and I love seeing you and your sister together. My girls are 5 years apart, and I hope they will be as close as you are. It's hard right now because DD #2 is only 1 and DD #1 gets frustrated sometimes, but I really want them to be best friends.........I think because I'm an only child and missed out on that growing up.
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #72
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran
 
MickeyMomOfThree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,042

I just saw that you are back. I'm all caught up and waiting for more. Your sister sounds very kind, (BTW, welcome TheBigSister!).

Can't wait for more! (Side note, at Aherhaus in november our photo package was free, is it not anymore??? Too bad if it isn't, that was a great deal!)
__________________
DH (39) ME (35) DD (16) DD (11) DD (9)
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC



Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
MickeyMomOfThree is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #73
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
I now officially love meeting face characters. I've only ever met one and that was Aurora in France (in EPCOT, lol) and she was so great with her character. I wish we'd had time for more but whatcha gonna do?
And I'm gonna let you in on a little secret about the age factor and being at Disney. My MOM felt honored meeting Aurora. Literally, she was on after metting with her. Disney is ageless.
It is good to hear that your mom had a good time. I still can't believe how many characters we met. We just seemed to walk into them every time I turned around
My sister's princess is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #74
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
Just wanted to jump in and say that I'm reading your trip report and enjoying it . I am in the process of my first trip report too, and I know it's hard when no one is responding.

I'm loving all of your pictures, and I love seeing you and your sister together. My girls are 5 years apart, and I hope they will be as close as you are. It's hard right now because DD #2 is only 1 and DD #1 gets frustrated sometimes, but I really want them to be best friends.........I think because I'm an only child and missed out on that growing up.
Thank you for responding, I will have to take a peek at your report! Thanks for letting me know you love the pictures, I have a billion and figure someone might see something they were wondering about, weather is was what pose to do in front of the hat, or something in the background they always wondered about.
As for Andy and I I must confess :
We didn't always get along, but we grew closer as we grew up and now I can't imagine my life without her.
My sister's princess is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #75
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMic View Post
OMG she really did that?!?! What a sweetheart! Your sister sounds like an amazing person.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Be careful, my sister is lurking on this thread..... you might give her a big head
My sister's princess is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.