Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2005, 09:30 PM   #181
SweetMagic
Earning My Ears

Red face Timing is everthing!

My husband and I were the victims of this embarrassing moment, but I am sure the witnesses had a nice laugh.

A few years ago when we were on a cruise, DH, DS and DD were enjoying the pool as I sat poolside. I had asked them several times to get out of the pool because we needed to get ready for dinner. Upon loosing my patience, loudly showing my exasperation, I called to my family to get out of the pool. About that time my DS yelled out "Just a sec". My loud response was "We do not have time for secs (sex). Of course all eyes around the pool looked at me and then at my husband standing there with a shocked expression.

I laugh everytime I hear someone say "Just a sec".
SweetMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:43 PM   #182
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMagic
My husband and I were the victims of this embarrassing moment, but I am sure the witnesses had a nice laugh.

A few years ago when we were on a cruise, DH, DS and DD were enjoying the pool as I sat poolside. I had asked them several times to get out of the pool because we needed to get ready for dinner. Upon loosing my patience, loudly showing my exasperation, I called to my family to get out of the pool. About that time my DS yelled out "Just a sec". My loud response was "We do not have time for secs (sex). Of course all eyes around the pool looked at me and then at my husband standing there with a shocked expression.

HOW funny.....

Kimmielee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2005, 12:32 AM   #183
GhostlyHitchhiker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMagic

Very funny story. My favorite part of it was that this is your first post on the boards! Welcome, and what a first post.
GhostlyHitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:09 AM   #184
Wynn
Mouseketeer

This is a really great thread. I woke up the entire family for laughing so loud. I wish I had a life enough to contribute but thanks for allowing me to live a part of yours.
Wynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #185
GoofyFD
I'm the wretch the song talks about
Life changing...Job changing....heart changing.....

Bumping~~~

Philippians 4:6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
GoofyFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #186
luv that cruise
Someone give me instructions as if i were a first grader!

a few years ago there was a foreign gentleman in the spa wearing, NOT his bathing suit, but instead his underwear. several days he was there. he had not the first clue that he was dressed differently than anyone else.

another story - not cruise related but still funny. had a pool and back fence neighbor saw my mom in the grocery store and hollered down the isle... "nancy - I didn't recognize you with your clothes on!" He was used to seeing her in her bathing suit but for those that heard... too funny.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:44 AM   #187
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Wink Now What A Minute!!........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchsMommy View Post
Great thread - some funny stories, some just gross

The thing I can't believe is that someone would jump off Deck 4 into a harbour - what a complete dingdong!!! It would be so easy to DIE from that - not to mention who knows what the heck is in the harbour! For some reason that whole notion just gives me the giant heebeejeebeeies!
......I f-i-n-a-l-l-y- know how to spell that word..... (FROM POST #46):

"heebeejeebeeies"

p.s. OMG! I am laughing so hard writing this - via reading these posts that I am actually tearing up from laughing so much !
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND & SCOTLAND" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT - August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #188
TraciM
DIS Veteran

I have only been on 1 so my only thing is the very overweight woman who had several thongs she wore the entire cruise. Even on CC. She was just way to big for a thong.
TraciM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #189
tomspixie
Our friends got us hooked on the Tortuga Rum Liquer
We have an obnoxious number of points

We did the Med summer of '07...a friend who had been aboard for a while had been taking photos of "Spee-dont's" during her stint on the Magic. After we disembarked our family hung out on Las Ramblas where we saw the ULTIMATE SPEEDON'T! There was an 70-80something year old man who was strutting down the street, his bare chest bedecked in chains of gold. At first glance it looked like a Speedo, till I realized it was body paint!!!!!
I spewed my Coke Light across the table onto my poor unsuspecting husband. All the kids and DH tried to pay the bill so fast so they could follow and grab a photo on their phones! They were out of luck.

Our second surprise came on the Golden Eagle Catamaran excursion. The kids came back to the catamaran after snorkeling to find the more liberal island guests hanging out...literally. As my boys informed me, the older guys...gals too, were on jet skis and with heads hung and shaking in disgust, they answered...."Mom, it was just wrong...just wrong."

tomspixie
tomspixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #190
DisneyMomforLife
DIS Veteran

This story is not funny at all, but still very shocking as it was the LAST thing I expected to see on a cruise. We were on the Magic this past April and we were leaving dinner at Lumiere's one night and there was a woman who was also leaving and she slipped and fell down those three or so steps by the statue in the atrium and she broke her leg or her ankle right there next to us. It was heart breaking to see her lying on the floor in pain on a Disney cruise (or anywhere else for that matter). We saw her in a wheelchair a few times during the rest of the cruise and really felt badly that her trip turned out like that.

~ Disney Wonder October 2006 ~ Disney Magic April 2008 ~ Disney Wonder May 2009 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~
DH 41 ME 39 DD13 DS21
Bosco DDog3 Coco DDog2
DisneyMomforLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #191
bigbootee
Rabid Disnoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciM View Post
I have only been on 1 so my only thing is the very overweight woman who had several thongs she wore the entire cruise. Even on CC. She was just way to big for a thong.
Maybe she was large enough that on her it looked like a thong.

167 lbs.
2013 Magic Med w/ Greece, 2012 Dream 4 Day Bahamas, 2012 Magic NY to Bahamas, 2012 Magic NY Weekend Getaway, 2011 Wonder 7day Alaska, 2010 Magic 10 day Med, 2008 Western Magic, 1998 RCCL Splendour of the Seas Repo Barcelona to Dover
WDW (1st time 1971): Grand Floridian, All Star Film, Polynesian, Contemporary, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West, Port Orleans French Quarter Offsite: Marriott Horizons, Grosvenor, Ramada Maingate

DL: 1978
bigbootee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #192
TraciM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbootee View Post
Maybe she was large enough that on her it looked like a thong.
All I know is a thong was not for her. That and she really needed to wax.
TraciM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #193
bigbootee
Rabid Disnoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciM View Post
All I know is a thong was not for her. That and she really needed to wax.
Yuck!!!

167 lbs.
2013 Magic Med w/ Greece, 2012 Dream 4 Day Bahamas, 2012 Magic NY to Bahamas, 2012 Magic NY Weekend Getaway, 2011 Wonder 7day Alaska, 2010 Magic 10 day Med, 2008 Western Magic, 1998 RCCL Splendour of the Seas Repo Barcelona to Dover
WDW (1st time 1971): Grand Floridian, All Star Film, Polynesian, Contemporary, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West, Port Orleans French Quarter Offsite: Marriott Horizons, Grosvenor, Ramada Maingate

DL: 1978
bigbootee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #194
PURTYPAT1
DIS Veteran

Shocking site

Not pleasant, & very shocking experience.

Last year, we were sitting at the Mickey Pool watching our kids, when we saw one boy, who was a bully, dunking & hitting other children. He kept on dunking another little boy under water & splashing him. My DSIL & I yelled at the bully, to leave the younger boy alone.

Geez where were these boys parents? All of a sudden this Man comes dashing out of now where, & goes over to the bully, & starts to splash him (very ruffly, & tried to dunk him) saying to the bully, leave my son alone. How, does it feel huh?

It was quite scary, meanwhile the bully's parent was no where in site.
2/14/09 "7-Night Eastern Caribbean" Magic
6/16/07 MedHead Cruiser "Mediterranean Magic"
trip report 2/13/10 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2403413
PURTYPAT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:58 PM   #195
disneycrazzzy
DIS Veteran

I was totally shocking and unexpected!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2sean_n_alex View Post
A woman... who um squeezed herself into a black and green skin suit to go snorkeling... Ok now granted CC water was not the bath water we experienced at Cocoa Beach but dear gussy no one needed to put on a neck to ankle wet suit (thin.... way too thin!) to go snorkeling! Let me tell you every pock mark from cellulite showed... and jiggled as she walked up the beach. My dad nearly spit his drink everywhere!
Wow! I didn't know that I was "totally shocking and unexpected." I wear a one piece snorkeling suit (over a regular swimsuit) everytime I go to Castaway Cay because I need to keep as much of my skin covered as possible because of skin cancer. I wear this suit at every beach I ever visit. One cancer was enough.

On a lighter note: We saw brown booobies on the Panama Canal cruise in August 2005. Even the captain saw them. Unfortunately he didn't realize most passengers didn't realize a brown boooby is a bird (Sula leucogaster) when he referenced them in a ship-wide announcement. There were joking references to the bird throughout the rest of the cruise.
disneycrazzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: