Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I do get to go! I do get to go! A trip that almost wasn't! Update 1/25

Hey, Hi, Hello, and How are ya?
Welcome to my 2nd attempt at making a TR half as good as the ones I read religiously (you know who you are). I live, think, and breathe WDW and anything Disney. As you can see from my name, picture, and sig- I love Tink! I love her so much I even put myself through getting a tattoo. I'll share that picture in a moment...
So, some of you may be wondering why I chose this title. Well, let's just say it was a must needed trip and I'm SO glad I was able to go with my family! We have been going to WDW every year since I was 3. And on the last day of my first trip there, my mom said that she had never seen a little girl cry as hard as I did when I found out we were leaving. I wanted to stay there forever! And to this day, I still cry on the last day (okay maybe not as hard as I did when I was 3). I'm a senior in college and took part in an internship over the summer at our local Lutheran Social Services. And do you know what the first thing I thought of was when I got the job?! "Oh no! I'm not going to get to go to WDW!" I cried. Yeah, I'm a big ol' sap.

We were also dealing with the loss of my aunt who left behind a 10 year-old and a now 2 year-old with my uncle. We've been helping him night and day. The 10 year-old my aunt had before she met my uncle, and the 2 year-old is my uncle's. He's the light of our lives and he's the only thing that's helped me keep going through this. So, I explained to my boss what the situation was and told her I really needed to get away from life at home and get myself together. She was completely understanding! I hurried and called my DDad and told him that I get to go! He got on the phone and added me to all their ADR's and to the room reservations! I do get to go! I do get to go!

Sadly, the only one that didn't get to go with us this trip was my Db/f. He got the gift of a lifetime with his uncles, grandpa, and dad to go to Chicagoland Speedway and ride the Richard Petty Driving Experience. His whole family is HUGE NASCAR fans! But, the day he went there was also the day we left for WDW! Bummer! But, he's been with us the past 3 years and I got to introduce him to my favorite place as he had never been before then!

Let's begin the introductions...

Me (aka Tinkgurl)

My Tink tattoo the day after I got it!

DSis

DDad and DMom

The dates: June 14-June 24, 2008. The location: OKW for the first time! We usually stay at the WLV.

Up next: Day 1

Last edited by tinkgurl; 01-25-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:35 AM   #2
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I've only been to Old Key West to visit. It is a beautiful place, and it would be awesome to stay there!

I am so glad you got to go on this trip. I know it was much needed. They all are! We have to get away from the stresses of everyday work and school and bills and chores and just life in general sometimes. What better place to do that than a place with rides, shows, music, food, and magic?!?!?

All that and plenty of SHOPPING!!!
It's heaven on earth, I tell ya!

Brooklynn cried her way out of Magic Kingdom on our Thanksgiving trip.
Poor thing- Jill was pushing her in the stroller telling her it was time for us to leave, and she was saying, "My Magic Kingdom! My not go home. My go Magic Kingdom!" It was the most woeful little voice.
Jill turned to me and said, "She's pretty much saying what we're all feeling."

And she was right!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i'm here! can't wait to read more. glad you got to go!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

You started!!! Aw, I've missed you guys since your last report I'm so sorry about your aunt, I hope your family's doing OK You know I'm here if you ever need anything!

I can't wait to read all about your trip, you know how psyched I've been for it!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #5
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I've only been to Old Key West to visit. It is a beautiful place, and it would be awesome to stay there!

Brooklynn cried her way out of Magic Kingdom on our Thanksgiving trip.
Poor thing- Jill was pushing her in the stroller telling her it was time for us to leave, and she was saying, "My Magic Kingdom! My not go home. My go Magic Kingdom!" It was the most woeful little voice.
Jill turned to me and said, "She's pretty much saying what we're all feeling."

And she was right!
It IS a beautiful place! You will eventually get to see pics of our room and stuff!

Aw Brooklynn is so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i'm here! can't wait to read more. glad you got to go!
Hi Dawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
You started!!! Aw, I've missed you guys since your last report I'm so sorry about your aunt, I hope your family's doing OK You know I'm here if you ever need anything!
I've missed you too! I kept looking and looking for you..No wonder I couldn't find you-you changed your name!

We're getting better...one day at a time!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

I love the size of the rooms at OKW. It worked well for my family of 6. Can't wait to read more about your trip. Hope it was good therapy.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
tinkgurl

Okay, I lied..this is not Day 1 yet..I thought I'd share a few pics since I LOVE them..

Here's me when I was little and what started my love for WDW..( NO LAUGHING!)

I also have a love for wearing anything Disney every day of our trip! (As you can tell when I comment on yours Dawn) So I thought I'd share some of my outfits from trips past to lead up to this trip's outfits! (Yeah, I'm weird...I know )

Chip n Dale Shirt and Shorts

WDW Tank

Tink Shirt

Tink Tank

Homemade Shirt

Ariel Shirt

Eeyore Shirt

Okay...I promise my next REAL post will be Day 1
Old 12-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Hey here I am, I made it!

I'm so glad you're writing a TR and so excited to read it! You and your sister are both so pretty and I'm assuming thats your DBF in the pics and you guys are really cute together! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt That's really a sad story but your uncle is so lucky to have family like you to help him through it with the kids, even when you guys are grieving yourselves.

Those pics from when you were little were soooo cute. How did your DBF like the Richard Petty Driving Experience? My BF loves cars and I wanted to do it for him in Orlando but its just so expensive.

Can't wait to read more!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 12-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Hey here I am, I made it!

I'm so glad you're writing a TR and so excited to read it! You and your sister are both so pretty and I'm assuming thats your DBF in the pics and you guys are really cute together! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt That's really a sad story but your uncle is so lucky to have family like you to help him through it with the kids, even when you guys are grieving yourselves.

Those pics from when you were little were soooo cute. How did your DBF like the Richard Petty Driving Experience? My BF loves cars and I wanted to do it for him in Orlando but its just so expensive.

Can't wait to read more!
Hey girl! I should warn you..I don't remember exactly what we did each day because I didn't remember to bring a notebook to keep a daily journal so this TR will be more of a picture one...Hope that's okay . Yep, that's my DBF..we've been together 6 years! Just moved into an apartment together this summer in the town that we go to college up in Wisconsin.

I'll share some pics of the 2 year-old with you if you want...Let me know and I'll PM you them!

I'm glad you liked my lil' kid pics! Those were the two that I could find that were on the computer at the time that I made the update.

DBF LOVED the Richard Petty Driving Experience. He's all about NASCAR and his own car...Yeah it is expensive, but it was so worth it. It will be something he'll remember forever. Maybe wait to surprise your DBF with for your honeymoon or birthday...

Glad to have met you!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:10 PM   #10
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hey girl! I should warn you..I don't remember exactly what we did each day because I didn't remember to bring a notebook to keep a daily journal so this TR will be more of a picture one...Hope that's okay . Yep, that's my DBF..we've been together 6 years! Just moved into an apartment together this summer in the town that we go to college up in Wisconsin.

I'll share some pics of the 2 year-old with you if you want...Let me know and I'll PM you them!

I'm glad you liked my lil' kid pics! Those were the two that I could find that were on the computer at the time that I made the update.

DBF LOVED the Richard Petty Driving Experience. He's all about NASCAR and his own car...Yeah it is expensive, but it was so worth it. It will be something he'll remember forever. Maybe wait to surprise your DBF with for your honeymoon or birthday...

Glad to have met you!
It's perfectly fine that you don't remember what you did each day, I'm not picky! lol I can't believe you and your BF have been together for 6 yrs! My BF and I have been together for a yr and 8 months and I think thats a long time Thats really great for you guys though! So exciting that you guys moved in together too, I'm jealoussss! It's probably so much fun playing house

Definitely PM me those pics, I would love to see them. Ever since my BF's sister had a baby back in April I have a new appreciation for the cuteness of babie. The RPDE is probably so much fun, I'm happy to hear your DBF liked it. I would love to do it for my BF on our trip but it's definitely going to have to wait...probably more like our honeymoon than his bday because I doubt I'll have the money for it by his bday and our honeymoon's not gonna be for a least 3 or 4 more years Plus, I'm not sure where the closest one to us here in NY is. Its definitely great to have met you and cant wait to read more!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 12-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #11
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

I am here!!! I have to say I love all your disney shirts!!! You will get not laughing from me!!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
Angelia'sthree
Mouseketeer

great reporting~! I think you even look like tinkerbell~! how cute you are~!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #13
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSwimmingDory View Post
I love the size of the rooms at OKW. It worked well for my family of 6. Can't wait to read more about your trip. Hope it was good therapy.
Thanks for joining in! You are right, the size of the rooms are amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
So exciting that you guys moved in together too, I'm jealoussss! It's probably so much fun playing house

Definitely PM me those pics, I would love to see them.
Yeah, it's crazy we've been together that long already. But, I LOVE living together. My mom and grandma had so much fun this summer shopping for house stuff for me. They were always like 'Oh, you need this...Oh you need that!"

I will PM you those pics tomorrow when I have more time! Hope you like them. Do you have myspace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I am here!!! I have to say I love all your disney shirts!!! You will get not laughing from me!!
Thanks for joining in! And I'm glad you like my shirts! I can't wait to show you my ones from this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelia'sthree View Post
great reporting~! I think you even look like tinkerbell~! how cute you are~!
Thanks for joining in! Well, thanks for the compliment! I hate how young I look now because I always get carded when ordering alcohol but I always tell my family/friends that I'll love it when I'm older and still look younger!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

I love your Disney outfits!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #15
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the shots from when you were little. I never went until I was in high school and not on a regular basis until I was in my 30s. I am 43 and I still buy Disney shirts for myself. They are my favorite shirts. Cute pictures!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: