Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2008, 11:29 PM   #1
EpcotBeauty
I fly a starship across the Universe divide

Be aware if traveling to WDW within the next few days

There is a nasty, nasty stomach bug that is plaguing many of the resorts. I am no Pollyanna, and know that there is a high possibility of catching a stray bug at WDW due to the sheer volume of people......but this bug is highly contagious and had all the CM's and resort employees talking. Most seemed to think it was the Norwalk virus.

It took my family out one by one during our 8 night stay. It came on viciously and violently. It started out with nausea and then forceful vomiting and diarreah for about 8 hours. It was so bad that all of us had accidents and could not make it to the bathroom (to vomit) at least a few times. The staff at the YC and BC were wonderful and told us that they and SSR had been hit the hardest. There were literally guests puking outside of the resort, in the food courts and bathrooms!

Just wanted to put this PSA out here for the DISers. Just remember to wash, wash, WASH your hands while down there!! Oh, and I pity the family that was assigned our room after we left....
EpcotBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: